Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Banning orders

Horwich

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Off topic like, but the club used a photo of a flare in the crowd as part of a promo once, Oldham twitter used images of a pitch invasion and flare after their winner at Scunthorpe with the caption "LIMBS". Clubs seem to like the scenes but not the reality of it.

11 minutes ago, Ani said:

How old is Colin ? 

Just looked on his FB profile. It isn’t him although reading his posts I’d say he’s possibly worrying with the threat from Neil that there’s more to come once the police study their footage.

088A2942-DDB9-496E-ADAF-35BC9E7F2E9B.jpeg

12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just looked on his FB profile. It isn’t him although reading his posts I’d say he’s possibly worrying with the threat from Neil that there’s more to come once the police study their footage.

088A2942-DDB9-496E-ADAF-35BC9E7F2E9B.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Hmm, obviously he’ll run it by the board first but you have to remember that they don’t have a lot of experience themselves.

I honestly think that all this stuff is coming from him.

Sharon is loyal to her staff while they’re working for her.

No doubt GMPs finest will be sticking their snouts in, get it sorted in house or we will bring in club sanctions

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Its probably the best thing to do TBH

In court, when the club is looking at sanctions, being able to tell them what they’ve done to prevent a recurrence would go a long way to avoid further punishment.

Antisocial behaviour. What the hell does that mean? That's a very broad brush. Foul-mouthed song's. Calling opposition player names. The referee masturbates. Giving Vs to the other fans. I did all them last Saturday and Tuesday.

At Morecambe I did notice a copper with a video camera run on the pitch to film as many as he could. I think that sort of celebration is an exception and it needs a few things to align for it to take place. It's not like it happens every week. If folk get a ban from Morecambe then I think the club will have some serious questions being asked by the banned fans the next time we get a Wilbraham moment or promotion party. Pitch encroachment is pitch encroachment, right?

• Site Supporter

The club need to differentiate between delirious celebration of a match winning or point saving late goal where the only reason to go on the pitch is to celebrate that moment and the type of pitch encroachment where the aim is to cause mischief.

Good

Not good

• Site Supporter

Can the folk caught chucking stuff not just apologise, and we can all move on to the next game, when they do it again, then apologise, then we move on to the next game…..you get the idea.

If it’s good enough for the powers that be, then it should be ok for us plebs.

Let’s just move on.

2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

It's perfectly possible to be noisy and passionate etc, etc, without behaving like a prick. The vast majority of folk manage it.

Spot on.  Why anyone thinks you can't have atmosphere without acting like dicks I've no idea.  Our atmosphere has never been similar to Reading, Charlton, Fulham, Norwich etc.  We've always had that edge to our support which is one thing that probably attracted a lot of us to BWFC in the first place.  But crossing the line and acting juvenile is just disruptive and embarrassing and the more of that sort that get weeded out, the better.