Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Banning orders

Horwich

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just caught up with all this...

Anyone heard anything?

What even happened?!

Went on the pitch at Stockport away to let the players know exactly what he thought of them.

Not arrested, not charged and released.  Got a letter off BWFC telling him he's banned

Just now, barryk32 said:

Went on the pitch at Stockport away to let the players know exactly what he thought of them.

Not arrested, not charged and released.  Got a letter off BWFC telling him he's banned

But the fact he’s in court means he has been charged? No?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

But the fact he’s in court means he has been charged? No?

Apperantly not.

Think that was were the grey area is.

I don't know who's applied for the banning order but he wasn't even arrested.

Reading between the lines, it may well be our club.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Apperantly not.

Think that was were the grey area is.

I don't know who's applied for the banning order but he wasn't even arrested.

Reading between the lines, it may well be our club.

Just done 2 minutes worth of googling.

A football banning order is a court order.

You don't need to be charged with anything for it to be signed off.

It looks like anyone can apply for one

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Just remind me of Sharon’s address, Baz.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

How did they know who it was given he wasn't arrested?

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Zico said:

How did they know who it was given he wasn't arrested?

Took his details and let him go.

I know now how it's gone.

It's probably more complicated than I understand though so I'll leave it for him to update.

He'll be making the most of preseason though I imagine, which I'm itself says they don't see him as any sort of threat.

10 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Cheers so it’s the club then. I always incorrectly assumed shows like usual I know nowt. 

if that is the case I would’ve thought the letter and character references etc should be sent to the club in advance so they’ve time to consider their position. 

hope he got the right result. Does anyone know yet? Just seen the next post so that answers my question. Hope he’s ok 

Edited by Escobarp

sorry guys, i've been without leccy since friday, and phone died on leaving court yesterday.

firstly, a massive thank you to everyone who has supported me; i am sincerely grateful, humbled and kind of embarrassed.

i am on unconditional bail and back in court in July.  keep my nose clean and fingers crossed

thanks again folks

Edited by Dr Faustus

Jesus what a waste of everybody's time. As if you pose any kind of threat ffs.

Really hope you get sorted pal. That footy solicitor bird on twitter is ace pal, she'd give you some more advice and coverage if you needed. Helped a few lads I know.

36 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

sorry guys, i've been without leccy since friday, and phone died on leaving court yesterday.

firstly, a massive thank you to everyone who has supported me; i am sincerely grateful, humbled and kind of embarrassed.

i'll delete this bit later, so please dont quote me 👀

i was released by the local plod there and then, but i was spotted by a bolton bobby. he told the club, who then banned me from home games until the matter is resolved in court. i heard nothing until a letter through the post- the letter didnt detail what i was actually charged with. my solicitor eventually obtained this from the prosecution, and lets just say they have been a little creative. solicitors now need time to build my case.

a guilty plea has gone in: i was a dick, i realised that, i had already apologised to the club and felt i'd built a relationship with the officer. this means my fine will be minimised, maximum £700. what happened was a perfect storm of shit; my medical records will highlight my mental health at the time, it was the anniversary of dads death, my mum was in hospital. if i was goaded 10 seconds either way, there wouldnt even have been an incident. i am providing character witnesses to prove i'm not a 'risk supporter'. 

35 years man and boy; i've watched football across europe, usually with my kids. i have no previous convictions at all- my name never even noted until this season. i coach grassroots at bolton arena, my son has got another two years at Burnley, and i am due to take further qualifications in football studies and coaching that i hoped would open up a career in the game. a FBO would impact on all of this- it goes beyond me and my punishment.

i am on unconditional bail and back in court in July.  keep my nose clean and fingers crossed

thanks again folks

Fingers crossed pal 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

That's the one 

Had grandad/uncle Albert in my head

He played Uncle Albert in the Only Fools and Horses stage show. That might be why your brain made the link.

tom-bennett-ryan-hutton-and-paul-whiteho

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He played Uncle Albert in the Only Fools and Horses stage show. That might be why your brain made the link.

tom-bennett-ryan-hutton-and-paul-whiteho

I wasn't even aware this was a thing

I guess it's all just moulded into one old cockney bloke over the years

• Moderators

as for BWFC taking it up when Stockport / GMP didn't, all seems a bit twatty

as an aside, a mate's other half has worked with SAG for a number of years as well as security at City and Liverpool

anyway, she headed up ops that night

apparently all the old school stockport faces turned out, and it was all kicking off in the home end, so the cops booted them out

the head of security at stockport, himself an old face, then let them all back in saying best to have them in the ground than outside

she said it was on of her biggest headaches trying to keep on top of a game she'd had