Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Banning orders

Horwich

It is a farce, but that is the way the whole system works (or doesnt), if it was Stockport that made the complaint from a invading the pitch aspect, I could sort of understand, but if it came from Bolton, seems very pendantic.

10 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

sorry guys, i've been without leccy since friday, and phone died on leaving court yesterday.

firstly, a massive thank you to everyone who has supported me; i am sincerely grateful, humbled and kind of embarrassed.

i am on unconditional bail and back in court in July.  keep my nose clean and fingers crossed

thanks again folks

Can I ask what was going through your head when you went over the fence? 

My Legal Dept is asking, what was the ejected figure for the Stockport invasion. And, more importantly, how many of the County fans are in the same position as you?

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Underpants said:

My Legal Dept is asking, what was the ejected figure for the Stockport invasion. And, more importantly, how many of the County fans are in the same position as you?

I didn’t object to Stockport celebrating, just that fucker who came sliding over to us when the fifth went in.

I would have happily slapped him.

But not on the pitch. 🙄

47 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I didn’t object to Stockport celebrating, just that fucker who came sliding over to us when the fifth went in.

But not on the pitch. 🙄

Right in the pussy?

2 hours ago, Underpants said:

I’m the only one… I wasn’t celebrating was the reason given. God knows how many were on the pitch, or how many were turfed.

i don’t know what I was thinking; I was walking out when one of their fans legged it over, looked it me in the eyes and was giving it wanker. Has he done it when I was at the top of the stairs, or walking away it wouldn’t have even registered. He was a few feet away and I snapped. The next thing I know I’m halfway across and being chased by dibble. I was confused and didn’t even twig what I had done

25 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

I’m the only one… I wasn’t celebrating was the reason given. God knows how many were on the pitch, or how many were turfed.

i don’t know what I was thinking; I was walking out when one of their fans legged it over, looked it me in the eyes and was giving it wanker. Has he done it when I was at the top of the stairs, or walking away it wouldn’t have even registered. He was a few feet away and I snapped. The next thing I know I’m halfway across and being chased by dibble. I was confused and didn’t even twig what I had done

So it's ok to go on the pitch if you are celebrating/knee sliding/ flicking the Vs at the away supporters.

There were zero Stockport ejections and zero Stockport in court. Any decent solicitor will be all over this. Fuck your solicitor off.  I know a good one.

Yes, you were a knob (no offense).

Edited by Underpants

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

But not on the pitch. 🙄

surely that county fan must have got a banning order for that ! It wound me up nearly as much as our performance.  If that didn’t get anything, then where is the logic / precedent behind what you did ?

• Site Supporter

At last, a magistrate using a common sense approach. Prosecuting solicitor wanting a ban “to prevent future risk”

Does this mean the prosecution has a crystal ball and knows the offender will do this again or, as I suspect, hoping that by using this one-time offender as a scapegoat would hopefully warn others of the consequences? 

I personally rarely get to such an excited high at a football game such that I lose control of my normal behaviour but I get why some may momentarily lose control.

47 minutes ago, MickyD said:

... I suspect, hoping that by using this one-time offender as a scapegoat would hopefully warn others of the consequences? 

Well, the principles of the legal system include :.

Punishment. Retribution. Deterence (of individual or others). Rehabilitation.

So, yes, probably.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

sensible

a mate ran on the pitch at Boro in 2002 when Bo Hansen equalised to hug the players

got arrested and banged up for the evening

he got let off too, after the stewards and police both said in court that he didn't act a cunt or anything when he was arrested and was just merry and got carried away

what they didn't know was he was pissed up and our designated driver for the day

fortunately his spell in the cell sobered him up whilst me and another mate went on the piss round boro for the evening

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

sensible

a mate ran on the pitch at Boro in 2002 when Bo Hansen equalised to hug the players

got arrested and banged up for the evening

he got let off too, after the stewards and police both said in court that he didn't act a cunt or anything when he was arrested and was just merry and got carried away

what they didn't know was he was pissed up and our designated driver for the day

fortunately his spell in the cell sobered him up whilst me and another mate went on the piss round boro for the evening

I was meaning more lucky with the current situation with pitch invaders, but yes sensible approach 

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I was meaning more lucky with the current situation with pitch invaders, but yes sensible approach 

oh aye, our mate was lucky too, as is anyone who goes on a pitch and gets away with it

is there generally a difference at say, the reebok, if you were to just jump over the gate onto the side (before getting pounced on by stewards), and going on the actual pitch?