Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MJ Williams

DazBob

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Mutley said:

We struggling for content today? Turning my router off and banging my head against the airing cupboard door. 
Please tell me this is a wind up and I’ve nibbled like a pregnant nun. 

hoping for clarity. 
mutley x

We've lost a game so @DazBob has decided to start hounding one of our better players out

The more i go to the match the more i realise i must not understand it. I have always liked Williams as he  makes himself available for the ball. 

Admittedly he was poor the other night but on the whole i think we are better with him than without.

I reckon @DazBob's cricket gears been messed with by MJ similar to @Horwich's with Thomasson.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'm not one for saying I told you so, but... :)

Indeed. Seems the defensive position suited Dempsey more than him playing further forward. 

Good thing is that we now have options: he rests dapo at times, also Baka and even Charles.

Good stuff.

• Members

Seems like MJ is 50/50 on getting a bit of stick after each game. 
As good as we have recruited I still don’t believe we have a natural DM to do the job that is required of MJ. 
Morley has been exceptional , Dempsey is really coming into his own but there will be games where a proper DM 3 man midfield is needed and there’s only one man trusted to do that. 

IE’s man management is excellent and his use of rotation so far has been great

• Members
1 minute ago, DazBob said:

It's not necessarily a cheap of giving him stick,  maybe now just a case of us having better options.

He still definitely has a role to play for us.

No it’s fine , it’s fine I’ll remember this thread Darren , when he smashes the winner in the postage stamp at Wembley, I’ll remember 

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Seems like MJ is 50/50 on getting a bit of stick after each game. 
As good as we have recruited I still don’t believe we have a natural DM to do the job that is required of MJ. 
Morley has been exceptional , Dempsey is really coming into his own but there will be games where a proper DM 3 man midfield is needed and there’s only one man trusted to do that. 

IE’s man management is excellent and his use of rotation so far has been great

Said it before but we need a dirty shithouse like a Home Bargains Keane or Vieira, MJ has done a job but like Doyle I think he might be done.

If we are now at the discarding MJ Williams stage oh my goodness me I would honestly get yourself seen to by a doctor. Anyone who’s played football at a semi decent level knows the importance of a good honest holding midfielder. No frills and keeps it ticking whilst leaving a leg in here and there. Admin please delete the thread it’s getting a beyond a joke now. 

Slightly peeved Mutley, 

x

6 minutes ago, Mutley said:

If we are now at the discarding MJ Williams stage oh my goodness me I would honestly get yourself seen to by a doctor. Anyone who’s played football at a semi decent level knows the importance of a good honest holding midfielder. No frills and keeps it ticking whilst leaving a leg in here and there. Admin please delete the thread it’s getting a beyond a joke now. 

Slightly peeved Mutley, 

x

Nobody is discarding him.

He's not your son and he's not going to bum you.

Dazbob