Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AFC Wimbledon (H)

Horwich

• The topic was unpinned

Called 4-0 at half time. They were shocking. 

I really like MJ, but Dempsey and Morley look like they could be the way forward. 

In Dapo and Charles we have possibly the best two forward players in this league. 

Happy to see Thomason get a run out too. I have my reservations for when we get back to our rightful place, but for ball retention he’s excellent.
Don’t get me wrong, I could’ve probably done what he did today, but not a single missed place pass in his cameo.

Delighted for Baka to score again, and with the likes of Sadlier, Kachunga, Amaechi et al waiting in the wings, we really are spoilt in that department. 

Special mentions for Fossey and Jones, who work so well together down the right.
Bodvarsson class, and DJ playing his best stuff currently. Well happy. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Joy to watch. If I came home and found Dion in bed with the mrs I’d tuck him in and ring Jack Dearden to commentate. Best natural finisher since Ricketts. You just know he’s going to score.

Dempsey unrecognisable from Tuesday, top quality all over the park. What a difference Jones makes too. 

Yes, Dempsey was excellent.

the first time we played at Wimbledon, we lost 4-0 in the snow 

55 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Wow! four attackers all on the scoresheet... Madness! Everybody was on their game & all credit to them. AFCW were proper shit but we played some sexy ball & broke them physically/mentally/technically in every aspect. Have to say Declan John is in an absolutely different gear lately & back to his best. 

I was wondering when 3 strikers last scored in the same game for us? (and having a 4th from an attacking midfielder just adds to it).  I'm going for never at this stadium, probably when Todd was manager at Burnden, but I can't recall.  Just great to have these options up front.  That was a pleasure to watch.

We were to good for Wimbledon. Like watching teams from different leagues. Love watching Charles and love it when he scores and gets his reward for working his socks off. Only the start for this team👍 Let’s hope we can keep them all for a few seasons and we are in for some fun. Credit to manager for changes and picking right team to. Absolutely loved it👍 

• Site Supporter

While Wimbledon were poor, credit to our boys, we made them look poor.

We were far better than them in every department and could easily have racked up a few more.

Sure, I'd like to get in the play offs and win promotion but I'm enjoying the football on offer, long may it continue.

Oh, whoever decided Charles was our top target, hats off. The man is a menace. When he got the ball for the 3rd, it was never in doubt the net was being hit

• Members
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

3 penalties?

If they were genuine cases, then that's not so great.

I wasn’t saying she had a good day. I’m saying we had a good day. 

She was dogshit

Edited by Rudy

43 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Just back.im going to bum Charles.What a fucking steal we got

Every player played their part but Jones mom

Big shout out for Dempsey had a very good game

Jones outstanding 2nd half, thought he was really off his game 1st half, can't recall him doing a lot right?  I love him though, he's allowed an off-half.  Dempsey OK, 6 out of 10 for me, gave the ball away quite a few times; thought Morley and Fossey were more like 8 out of 10.  John superb but Santos my MOM, I think we're taking him for granted a bit, what a performance, like watching Koeman passing it out from the back for Holland, it hardly gets a clap now because its expected. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The performance was great, the formation suits us, Bod is quality at this level, Charles looking more like Vardy with every goal, Dempsey much better deeper.. thought that role would suit him… superb being entertained virtually every game, credit to Evatt, Atherton and Markham. 

Dempsey deep is perfect. He looks exceptional on the ball. Always showing for it, always making space. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Suspect she’s got where she’s got because she’s a girl… no such excuse for the male shit refs though. 

Like Radcliffe said they’ve been poor all season. Sunday league standard 

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Jones outstanding 2nd half, thought he was really off his game 1st half, can't recall him doing a lot right?  I love him though, he's allowed an off-half.  Dempsey OK, 6 out of 10 for me, gave the ball away quite a few times; thought Morley and Fossey were more like 8 out of 10.  John superb but Santos my MOM, I think we're taking him for granted a bit, what a performance, like watching Koeman passing it out from the back for Holland, it hardly gets a clap now because its expected. 

Sorry meant John not Jones think my hard on over Charles got in the way

38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

3 penalties?

If they were genuine cases, then that's not so great.

Not three but certainly two, albeit Bud had been going down a bit soft all day so can see why it wasn’t given. Tbf I actually thought the ref had a good game. Let things go when needed but was also far keener than others to stop free kicks sneaking a few yards forward etc. Nowhere near as much dissent from the players either.