Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AFC Wimbledon (H)

Horwich

56 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Called 4-0 at half time. They were shocking. 

I really like MJ, but Dempsey and Morley look like they could be the way forward. 

In Dapo and Charles we have possibly the best two forward players in this league. 

Happy to see Thomason get a run out too. I have my reservations for when we get back to our rightful place, but for ball retention he’s excellent.
Don’t get me wrong, I could’ve probably done what he did today, but not a single missed place pass in his cameo.

Delighted for Baka to score again, and with the likes of Sadlier, Kachunga, Amaechi et al waiting in the wings, we really are spoilt in that department. 

Special mentions for Fossey and Jones, who work so well together down the right.
Bodvarsson class, and DJ playing his best stuff currently. Well happy. 

This !!

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

An interesting point there Matt- are players likely to rein in their vocals to a female ref?

I reckon so. Agree with @Leyther_Matt didn't think she was that bad but I've been desensitised to poor officiating the last few weeks.

Did look like we should've had a couple of pens but when we win I cut the ref some slack 😀

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Called 4-0 at half time. They were shocking. 

I really like MJ, but Dempsey and Morley look like they could be the way forward. 

In Dapo and Charles we have possibly the best two forward players in this league. 

Happy to see Thomason get a run out too. I have my reservations for when we get back to our rightful place, but for ball retention he’s excellent.
Don’t get me wrong, I could’ve probably done what he did today, but not a single missed place pass in his cameo.

Delighted for Baka to score again, and with the likes of Sadlier, Kachunga, Amaechi et al waiting in the wings, we really are spoilt in that department. 

Special mentions for Fossey and Jones, who work so well together down the right.
Bodvarsson class, and DJ playing his best stuff currently. Well happy. 

Interesting comments over Thomason. Evatt seems to appreciate him, and the lad has said he enjoys learning from the gaffer. To have young players and more experienced all contributing is great.

Just now, Mantra said:

I reckon so. Agree with @Leyther_Matt didn't think she was that bad but I've been desensitised to poor officiating the last few weeks.

Did look like we should've had a couple of pens but when we win I cut the ref some slack 😀

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

An interesting point there Matt- are players likely to rein in their vocals to a female ref?

First appeal was nowhere near as aggressive as it might normally be. Assistant had a better view anyway and should have got involved really. 

I’ve seen a couple of non league and Scottish games with female referees and they always seem to have far more a quiet authority than a male referee. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Never thought about that  You'd imagine they would. Which in the interests of equality they shouldn't.

Interesting

Yep.

Perhaps some female refs will complain about lack of abuse...

Joking apart, it's a poke in the eye for all this neutrality/gender stuff.

We can accept folk for what they are-  but also respect the differences between men and women and the ways in which they interact with each other.

Human nature.

Anyway, this is the match thread so I'll leave it there.

7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Never thought about that  You'd imagine they would. Which in the interests of equality they shouldn't.

Interesting

True equality will only be achieved when a player calls a female referee a blind see you next Tuesday

Though a bloke first half did shout “the referee’s a wanker” and met with “I bloody hope so” 😁 

Once we'd scored one & forced them out, I fancied us to get a few, but we were breathtaking in patches & could have had more than 4.

Everybody was good, Bod an upgrade on Baka, Charles just gets better by the game & it never crossed my mind that he'd miss, Jones as always makes us a better team, Morley's passing is a treat, but if i had to pick, i'd give Dempsey MoTM, nothing fancy but just very effective & always in the right place at the right time.

EIEIEIO

Ended up like an exhibition match. Could have easily been 7-8 thats without the 3 penalty decisions.

They are the worse team Ive seen this season, wilted like a flower and ended up walking about with no shape.

4 goals from 4 different front men for us. Some of the football we play is obscene. Charles work rate is up there with the best we've had. Fighting for every ball at 4-0 up.

Nicer weather, nicer pitches coming up. This team is going places.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Once we'd scored one & forced them out, I fancied us to get a few, but we were breathtaking in patches & could have had more than 4.

Everybody was good, Bod an upgrade on Baka, Charles just gets better by the game & it never crossed my mind that he'd miss, Jones as always makes us a better team, Morley's passing is a treat, but if i had to pick, i'd give Dempsey MoTM, nothing fancy but just very effective & always in the right place at the right time.

EIEIEIO

Yep, Dempsey was great today.

He might have to get used to not scoring as many as he used to, but he’s influential in a good team that’ll take him to a better place.

34 minutes ago, DaveTheRave said:

Two penalties, hand ball on edge of area and Dapos yellow card...all wrong imo 

Apart from that not the worst refereeing I've seen this season.

There the only 3 decisions she had to make, except the booking for Dapo… got that wrong as well… she were proper shite in easy to ref match. 

30 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Interesting comments over Thomason. Evatt seems to appreciate him, and the lad has said he enjoys learning from the gaffer. To have young players and more experienced all contributing is great.

If he makes it with us then that’ll be great… if it’s not with us and he as decent career I’ll be made up for the lad, good luck to him whichever way it goes he’s giving it his best shot and he seems honest lad. 

I love the passing, the patterns of play, the philosophy as much as the next guy but how satisfying was it seeing two big #9's powering headers home! Pleased for Dempsey after the transfer saga he was going to have pressure on his shoulders & he looked very much at home in the deeper role where he's been playing this season for Gills. JDB's role in Dion's goal was also superb forward play even if it may have been a tad lucky to get through. Dapo has got fellow attackers on the same wavelength now to bounce off him & every single player looks a threat going forward. Even if we don't get nothing out of this season, it'll be good to have these players just rack up the game time together to fully gel & go into next season looking to make a statement

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I expected a win, a good win, but I've done that before & been disappointed. Evatt has garnered quite a squad. It'll be added to in the summer as well. Not felt this positive for a decade.

Oh, & if bored & fancy a laugh, wander over to the Sunderland forums.  https://into-the-light.freeforums.net/board/1/safc-forum

We really broke Sunderland, didn't we.

19 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

We really broke Sunderland, didn't we.

tbf they'd had 2 poor results prior to ours, but it's quite a run they're on.

Already "Neal Out" cries. Even the kore reasonable of the deluded fckrs are saying his contract only takes him to June & they can have another go at getting it right.

I spoke to a Sunderland mate & said "fck, you're still 3rd" after they sacked Johnson and he said "it's top 2 or it's failure for us". So, failure the.

You'd think they'd have grown some realism by now.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Deanu said:

I love the passing, the patterns of play, the philosophy as much as the next guy but how satisfying was it seeing two big #9's powering headers home! Pleased for Dempsey after the transfer saga he was going to have pressure on his shoulders & he looked very much at home in the deeper role where he's been playing this season for Gills. JDB's role in Dion's goal was also superb forward play even if it may have been a tad lucky to get through. Dapo has got fellow attackers on the same wavelength now to bounce off him & every single player looks a threat going forward. Even if we don't get nothing out of this season, it'll be good to have these players just rack up the game time together to fully gel & go into next season looking to make a statement

Baka didn't power his header. It was delicate pin point placement. Sublime finish.