Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AFC Wimbledon (H)

Horwich

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Steejay said:

It’s ridiculous that we only paid 75k for Morley.

He’s 21 years old, lad’s going places.

We now have a few players who could go for decent money if we don't go up next season. That makes me think we aren't that far away.

3 or 4 quality signings in summer to replace Baptiste, Tutte, Gordon and we'll be ok.

7 minutes ago, Steejay said:

It’s ridiculous that we only paid 75k for Morley.

He’s 21 years old, lad’s going places.

Last week at my lads training I was speaking to a lad who played with Morley all the way up to rochdale, he was not surprised how well he’s taken to L1 football as his words was “awesome player” who will only go higher 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Matt Lofthouse said:

Did anyone catch Nats statue today around 1:30 before the snow melted. He looked fantastic and I was joined by a photographer at the time with a sizeable lens so hopefully something in the paper or website. 

Yes, looked like he had a white shirt on. Drove past about 1pm

• Site Supporter
Just now, Matt Lofthouse said:

Did anyone catch Nats statue today around 1:30 before the snow melted. He looked fantastic and I was joined by a photographer at the time with a sizeable lens so hopefully something in the paper or website. 

I know it’s a bit mard, but I have to look away coz I get a fuckin tear in my eye every time I look at it.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Rudy said:

Morley is the man. He wasn’t the MOTM but he just makes everything tick. 

Ref bottled a few big decisions but other than that good day today. 

Morley would have been my MotM but Fossey just got the vote. He’s just what we’ve needed for ages.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Morley would have been my MotM but Fossey just got the vote. He’s just what we’ve needed for ages.

Charles for me MOM. Sets the tempo from the off. Won the corner we scored the 1st from chasing a lost cause, made the 2nd, scored the 3rd

Daft as this may sound I thought this game was to easy and the first half we slipped into pedestrianised slow football after the first 10 mins.    2nd half crisper quicker stuff and ffs, we got to go as far as we can to sign fossey-   this lad does not stop, his energy levels are ridiculous.

Thought Dempsey did his job efficiently and is growing more into this team - dont want to sound like we are massive Bolton but just looks like we are a higher level than he was playing with but signs are promising for the lad.

Carry on like you are mr evatt,   tha's doin nowt wrong  

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Daft as this may sound I thought this game was to easy and the first half we slipped into pedestrianised slow football after the first 10 mins.    2nd half crisper quicker stuff and ffs, we got to go as far as we can to sign fossey-   this lad does not stop, his energy levels are ridiculous.

Thought Dempsey did his job efficiently and is growing more into this team - dont want to sound like we are massive Bolton but just looks like we are a higher level than he was playing with but signs are promising for the lad.

Carry on like you are mr evatt,   tha's doin nowt wrong  

You’re correct, first half was a bit scrappy tbh.

However, second half similar to Sunlun, Cambridge fare and Fossey is integral to the way we play.

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Charles for me MOM. Sets the tempo from the off. Won the corner we scored the 1st from chasing a lost cause, made the 2nd, scored the 3rd

Charles was busy all through the match and the CDs will know they’ve been in a game. I said during the match we now chase and chase and there’s no such thing as a lost cause. All the forwards ran and ran and forced the errors and we scored good goals.

Only a few weeks ago those half chances would have gone begging, or not turning into scoring chances.

33 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Charles was busy all through the match and the CDs will know they’ve been in a game. I said during the match we now chase and chase and there’s no such thing as a lost cause. All the forwards ran and ran and forced the errors and we scored good goals.

Only a few weeks ago those half chances would have gone begging, or not turning into scoring chances.

Said it before, and will still keep saying it - Dion Charles is gonna be on the same legend level as SJM, SKD & Frankie Worthy. He's a feckin terrier, and can finish too 👍

His attitude is infectious....

Gotta start every game for me, you reading Evs?