Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AFC Wimbledon (H)

Horwich

2 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Daft as this may sound I thought this game was to easy and the first half we slipped into pedestrianised slow football after the first 10 mins.    2nd half crisper quicker stuff and ffs, we got to go as far as we can to sign fossey-   this lad does not stop, his energy levels are ridiculous.

Thought Dempsey did his job efficiently and is growing more into this team - dont want to sound like we are massive Bolton but just looks like we are a higher level than he was playing with but signs are promising for the lad.

Carry on like you are mr evatt,   tha's doin nowt wrong  

Have to agree as soon as we had that comfort of a goal, it was a training match. AFCW had no threat what so ever, there's a reason Rico was taking the absolute piss trying to skin players in his own half on a few occasion. Trafford came out a few times to sweep when he didn't really need to probably because he was bored. I know they had suspensions & players missing but we looked a good two tiers above them on the day

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, marple whites said:

Celina is dynamite and just creates chaos and can finish as well.

great to see all forwards scoring.

thought Dempsey had a good game.

but they were crap, let’s not get over excited.

We've been had over by crap sides before but it looks now like we're determined not to let then bring us down to their level.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Made an executive decision at 1.30pm to dig the car out of the snow and tackle the treacherous road to the M65 for the game. Got there at 2.50pm and was delighted I'd bothered.

Every credit, makes it all worthwile.

Some side we’ve got here, if it ain’t this season, it will be next.

We’re back.

17 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Gethin Jones has been in the form of his life lately - I thought he was sensational again yesterday.

All season, he is not only fantastic in his own right be he makes the players around him better as well. Isgrove earlier in the season, fossey now and Santos throughout. He isn't a shouter or a pointer, but he clearly does a lot of talking throughout the game to organise and let people know their roles. He is also rapid.

That right hand side is really dangerous and with John now recapturing his form, in no small part to Johnson coming on behind him, the left is also a real handful. This frees dapo to drif all over causing havoc to the defence and midfield. 

Not even mentioning Charles 

This forward line must be terrifying to play against 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

All season, he is not only fantastic in his own right be he makes the players around him better as well. Isgrove earlier in the season, fossey now and Santos throughout. He isn't a shouter or a pointer, but he clearly does a lot of talking throughout the game to organise and let people know their roles. He is also rapid.

That right hand side is really dangerous and with John now recapturing his form, in no small part to Johnson coming on behind him, the left is also a real handful. This frees dapo to drif all over causing havoc to the defence and midfield. 

Not even mentioning Charles 

This forward line must be terrifying to play against 

Young George is going to be a quality player for us. Lacks a bit physically but he’ll fill out a bit yet but his reading of the game for someone so young is spot on.

Put another 50 games experience on him and we have a serious player

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Young George is going to be a quality player for us. Lacks a bit physically but he’ll fill out a bit yet but his reading of the game for someone so young is spot on.

Put another 50 games experience on him and we have a serious player

I don’t see it myself unless he really kicks on, him & Morley are similar age but there’s a big gulf imo 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

What about that sprint forward down the right wing by our marauding centre-half Santos? And there were some cracking long diagonals. We really have started to play great football 

First half John was bringing down those long balls and on one of them played a one touch pass to a colleague in the box. 

Second half we has a one touch attack.

They really did play some fantastically immense stuff at time yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Every credit to whoever picked out Charles,Dadi and Morley to play for us.All 3 look a massive step up from what we had

Scouting is going to be so important for us. Picking out Morley and Charles this January has been excellent work. Sadlier, Bod, Fossey and Dempsey would probably have been more "known quantities" among footballing folk I reckon, but still good work from backroom teams at the club.

We've a summer ahead in which we need upgrades defensively. Be interesting to see if we pick out any diamonds from places like Accrington/Rochdale et al or whether we go for proven Championship experience. I reckon a mixture would do us nicely. If we get defence and defensive midfield sorted this summer we're going to be some force.