Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

Horwich

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I can’t help feeling that MJ’s days as a mainstay in this team are numbered.

i dont disagree, with that, hes been superb for us since signing, when we play a midfield 3 hes too far back from the other 2 protecting the centre halves, leading us to get over run at times,

but he still plays at tough places like mk on saturday, when we play teams like morecambe or accy at home play salier,demps and morley

I have been an MJ fan since he arrived. Couple of criticisms that he did not use the ball as well as he could last night after their play broke down, which is correct. But for balance he was as involved as anyone in breaking play down.

We are on a massive upwards trajectory from 2-3 season ago playing kids to now looking like we are good enough to challenge in this league and move up a level, even if not this year.

As we move forwards players who were very good at a level will be found out , Doyle was one who I like, did a lot for us but Celine is a massive upgrade. Morley as impressive as anyone, Lee was our best midfield player by miles, he is now one of 3 or 4 who could take it.

Even Dapo who last year without goals looked like our best forward is in double figures but not guaranteed a place this year.

Do not think it is slagging players off but it is about our levels increasing, this will hopefully lift players but some who were with us last year have a level they may not be good enough to move beyond. Personally do not think MJ is there yet but if he played a 3 in midfield of Dempsey, Lee and Morley when all fit would he be missed ? 

MJ had a poor first half I was surprised he didn't get hooked but second half I thought he stepped up and as has been mentioned earlier, when Dempsey came on it gave us a more well rounded midfield. Dapo wasn't on his best form last night and was leaving big gaps in the middle by getting so far forward.

How nice is it to be discussing players like we are now after a win, compared to the many years of discussing the likes of Liam Trotter and Jonathan Grounds?

Edited by Mantra

I think the team has improved around MJ so now he looks less of a standout as he has previously.

As Mantra says last night Dapo was poor and he was in the 10 position but offered no protection whatsoever to Morley or MJ, was acres of space in front of them someone should have been filling.

No coincidence we looked better once Dempsey was in that position.

Having said that, I think MJ is having a dip in form too.

Edited by JimmyRiddle

18 minutes ago, Mantra said:

MJ had a poor first half I was surprised he didn't get hooked but second half I thought he stepped up and as has been mentioned earlier, when Dempsey came on it gave us a more well rounded midfield. Dapo wasn't on his best form last night and was leaving big gaps in the middle by getting so far forward.

How nice is it to be discussing players like we are now after a win, compared to the many years of discussing the likes of Liam Trotter and Jonathan Grounds?

I wonder what the average age of our team is too? Sure it must have been about 30 a couple of seasons back. Probably mid 20's now?

1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I think the team has improved around MJ so now he looks less of a standout as he has previously.

As Mantra says last night Dapo was poor and he was in the 10 position but offered no protection whatsoever to Morley or MJ, was acres of space in front of them someone should have been filling.

No coincidence we looked better once Dempsey was in that position.

Having said that, I think MJ is having a dip in form too.

Agree with this , Dapo’s form is erratic at the moment & last night there was too much space which he usually occupies making runs & keeping the opponents busy, the knock on of this was that Williams was straying forward leaving Morley exposed to their runners.

Agree the team has improved & Williams once indispensable is now not as pivotal which is a good thing actually.Also as solid as Aimson was Santos does step up & uses the ball well , whereas Aimson is more limited passing constantly to his right or lumping it forward .Can now see what Dempsey will bring to the team & his versatility will be key.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Probably the safest bet. 

Bit of a headache with Bod playing so well and Baka keep scoring as well 

It is.

Seems to be keeping everyone happy though. Still got a feeling Baka might top the scoring charts come the end of the season too.

He's benefiting from the work rate of Charles.

13 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

getting lax this site , just been on their site , on page 33

they don't like us

Who gives a fuck about the pimps, we're slumming it atm but the tanker is turning around, we've got goals in us for the first time in a long time.

Dunno why MJ has been a bit off, he hasn't had a kid like Sarce has he? I hope Santos isn’t becoming a full-time babysitter and part-time player.

In Evatt we trust. Big ask to make the play-offs but doable, Pompey have games in hand but points on the board count more, we're just a pleasure to watch and there's a real buzz about the place.

COYFWM.

That Norton-Cuffy for them was their best player & I can't believe he's only 18 as he didn't give Dapo any joy at all. Really like the look of Sadlier we just need to find a position to let him go & make his mark on games probably in the 10 as it looks like he has similar traits to what Chris Eagles had.

33 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

At least Uriah doesn't have tits & a fanny.

Folk on here would be up in arms.

Based on comments on here it is logical to that if after Saturday we never want a woman reffing us again, we must also never want a man reffing us again too 

1 hour ago, Deanu said:

That Norton-Cuffy for them was their best player & I can't believe he's only 18 as he didn't give Dapo any joy at all. Really like the look of Sadlier we just need to find a position to let him go & make his mark on games probably in the 10 as it looks like he has similar traits to what Chris Eagles had.

Brooke Norton-Cuffey is on loan from Arsenal and highly rated there.