Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trafford

L/H White

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

You really are dramatic

Different times now financially we can’t afford to tie someone down on a big deal to then have him out

True. I am. But what I'm actually trying to do is call out the macho 'I stand for no nonesense I don't' stances many on here take. Almost professional Northerner style.

A judgement on the lad's fitness obviously must be taken, but he's the best left wing back we've had since our demise & is worth a proper look. Every single member of our (same applies everywhere) squad could get an injury in training or a match, at any time & end their career. It's how football works.

Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

True. I am. But what I'm actually trying to do is call out the macho 'I stand for no nonesense I don't' stances many on here take. Almost professional Northerner style.

A judgement on the lad's fitness obviously must be taken, but he's the best left wing back we've had since our demise & is worth a proper look. Every single member of our (same applies everywhere) squad could get an injury in training or a match, at any time & end their career. It's how football works.

I’m not doubting the lads qualities and the professionals will make a call on his fitness if we get to that stage

Just from my point the lack of games is a grey area and he had one bad injury at youth level and now another at 23

• Moderators
4 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

You really are dramatic

Different times now financially we can’t afford to tie someone down on a big deal to then have him out

If hes as big a risk as you make out, he aint getting offered big money

• Site Supporter

I'm not sure he's that much of a risk. May have had a bad injury a while ago, but that's not that unusual. 

Got one now, which has had surgery- but so has Kieran Lee. Isgrove had surgery already too. Baka and latterly Dempsey have had problems and have been in and out.

Baka has got fitter now and he's reaped the rewards. Fossey has been ever present iirc since his arrival, and has seemed a fit lad with good agility and doesn't appear to have struggled with playing so many games consecutively, despite not playing so many before for Fulham. 

His current meniscus injury isn't so uncommon, and I'm sure that if he was to return, then it would be assessed properly beforehand.

Well, I think @radcliffe white has a very fair point. Fossey's youth career was interrupted by injuries, his first experience of senior football ended prematurely as a result of a knee injury, and now so has his second.

If the medical team are satisfied he presents no significant risk then so be it, but I hope we don't make any decision based on sentiment.

9 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Go on then, I'll be Mr Pendantic!

Right Wing back!

We're not in a position to risk wages or have overinflated squads because of sentiment. I'd love him to be ... & stay fit, however. Radcliffe does has a point

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, you could expand a little. Who, what, when, where, how type concepts if you need any direction. Rather than 10 words & nothing more. Though I know that makes you look all itk & mysterious.

Someone has told me he is going to play for Vincent Kompanys team in Belgium.

HTH

• Site Supporter

Just read this thread through from the beginning.

I’m really hoping the doubters have changed their minds “hope we get better next season” “he’s not good enough yet” “ he’s not had to make any proper saves” 

And previous accusations laid at Evatt/Gilks - it’s a weak spot, they don’t know what they are doing with keepers etc

These last couple of months he’s improved and shown us not only how good he can be, but how good he actually is now. 

I’d go as far to say as I don’t think we could get any better in our circumstances.

I’d love to see him back next season

hold my hand up i was not convinced when he came in.......He is still not the answer as he wont be here long term.

Mixed feelings if he comes back next season..................Is he good enough yes certainly but sooner rather than later we need a new long term keeper

6 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

hold my hand up i was not convinced when he came in.......He is still not the answer as he wont be here long term.

Mixed feelings if he comes back next season..................Is he good enough yes certainly but sooner rather than later we need a new long term keeper

I know what you mean, but it’s a big leap to believe that he’ll actually end up as City’s number one, even if he does get given a 5 year deal.

No matter how good he gets, Ederson is only 28 so probably has another 7 or 8 years in him. The way Trafford talks, I’d be surprised if he’s happy to sit on the bench anytime soon which means he’s probably got another 3-4 years of being loaned out, at least. As long as we keep progressing (I’d imagine he’d want to be playing championship football year after next if he has another good season) then we’ll probably be at the front of the queue year after year - at which point, City spend another £50m on a foreign keeper and Trafford’s out of the door.

A lot of if buts and maybes (he might be shite next season and we all want rid) but the point I’m trying to make is that City won’t need Trafford for a number of years yet, so I don’t think it will be too much of a short term problem as long as we progress.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Well, I think @radcliffe white has a very fair point. Fossey's youth career was interrupted by injuries, his first experience of senior football ended prematurely as a result of a knee injury, and now so has his second.

If the medical team are satisfied he presents no significant risk then so be it, but I hope we don't make any decision based on sentiment.

Which clearly we won't. Any player could be bought and suffer a bad one on his debut. Always an element of risk, and we certainly don't have money to burn, but overall his fitness (generally including recovery) has been excellent. I'd be more concerned if he'd had a succession of small injuries and hadn't looked tip top on the field.

As good as Fossey was for us it’s a no from from me. Someone who has only played 25 competitive games by the age of 23 obviously has a lot of problems. If we do sign him I hope he proves me and many other doubters wrong, I just feel he’s to much of a risk for us.  

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Vincent Kompany has a team in Belgium.

James Trafford could be heading there next season

Someone told me this.

The other day.

I’ve heard this a couple of times myself.