Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crewe A

radcliffe white

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

your memory is a bit faulty for that one in 93. We had to buy tickets for that one and only season ticket holders stood a chance. We only had 2,000 tickets and there was another 1,000 of us in the home end. I reckon we'd have had 5-6000 there that day had it been pay on the day with the right capacity. I think the away end capacity had been reduced because the grass bank had to be fenced off.

I take your wider point though.

Better memory than me!  That would make sense, because in hindsight I do recall the usual huge grass bank on the away end was shut off and we were restricted to the terrace bit at the front (that video of Kelly's goal shows we are all at the front end).  A bit of a novelty for those days to have to buy tickets in advance.

15 minutes ago, stevieb said:

His save from Dapo was class. 

This isn't a dig at either keeper but I'm struggling to think of one "wow" save that Dixon or Trafford have made this season.  That's one reason I can't make my mind up on Trafford, I'm waiting for one of those moments when we're all on our feet applauding.  And that's not to ignore some decent saves like the Morecambe pen and a couple of others, just no worldies like the Richards one yesterday.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

This isn't a dig at either keeper but I'm struggling to think of one "wow" save that Dixon or Trafford have made this season.  That's one reason I can't make my mind up on Trafford, I'm waiting for one of those moments when we're all on our feet applauding.  And that's not to ignore some decent saves like the Morecambe pen and a couple of others, just no worldies like the Richards one yesterday.

But isn't that also down to the defence not allowing the opposition in? 

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Can think of a few one on ones he had no right saving.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, tomski said:

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Ssssssshhhhhhh, our defence is shit too, allegedly.

Tomski, same applies to Trafford. Maybe he’s set to become the new scapegoat some our “supporters “ love to latch onto early just in case in a year or two, if they fuck up, they can quote themselves  to say, “Told you he was shit!”

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Ssssssshhhhhhh, our defence is shit too, allegedly.

If our defenders could cut out the brainfarts that lead to goals we'd be comfortably in the play offs.

Brilliant for 99% of a game but there's always one complete cock up and when that costs us a goal and are then stuck trying to get through all 11 opposition behind the ball. Thats when we've dropped the bulk of our points.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

If our defenders could cut out the brainfarts that lead to goals we'd be comfortably in the play offs.

Brilliant for 99% of a game but there's always one complete cock up and when that costs us a goal and are then stuck trying to get through all 11 opposition behind the ball. Thats when we've dropped the bulk of our points.

If only we hadn't conceded any goals this season. We'd be top of the League. A missed opportunity.

5 hours ago, tomski said:

Agreed.  I've been impressed with his 1 on 1 stuff and in particular how easy he makes it look when stopping and hanging onto, low shots.  He's pretty strong on crosses and good with clearances and back passes too.  With regular football he's going to be very very good by the time he's in his prime as a keeper 30+

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Baka looks so different with a deeper layer of hair- a lot younger. 

I also think he may have lost a bit of weight- perhaps this is all part of him getting into better shape following his injuries as Evatt explained. 

I really don’t see a player and compare him, almost admiringly, with the way he’d previously looked.

Do you have a man-crush? 🥰🥰🥰

• The topic was unpinned
On 20/03/2022 at 07:05, radcliffe white said:

Found a gem in the imperial pub just off the Main Street cheap drinks and a nice little sun trap out the back and full of boltons finest, shame these are going down perfect set up with the pubs & station

Apparently the 17.11 was overloaded hence the delay 

Was belting in there.