Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Anyone fancy a new job?

only1swanny

• Moderators

Fucking disgusting 🤣

In a world where kids are getting bombed and this triggers you 😂

It clearly states "Previous experience as a football club player liaison officer"

Anyone in the industry will know what the going rate is, again it clearly states "This position comes with a competitive salary, healthcare and pension package after a probation period."

• Members

It’s no lackey job this. You need to be on call all the fuckin time. They’re essential in settling players when they arrive. Speaking different languages, sorting out cars, bills ,  schools 

Sounds like a nightmare tbh 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

It’s no lackey job this. You need to be on call all the fuckin time. They’re essential in settling players when they arrive. Speaking different languages, sorting out cars, bills ,  schools 

Sounds like a nightmare tbh 

Tbf I'd agree with that after re-reading it. once you look past the part about working with the club, the fact it mentions language qualifications on the person spec.

• The title was changed to Anyone fancy a new job?
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Chelsea have a liaison team. When Willian went there he had an entourage with him and they all had some poor cunts number. Probably threw himself in the Thames 3 weeks in 

There was a fly on the wall documentary on telly about the Chelsea player liaison guy. Forgot who the player was who rang him at 4am worried his goldfish was swimming around its tank in the opposite direction than normal. 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

There was a fly on the wall documentary on telly about the Chelsea player liaison guy. Forgot who the player was who rang him at 4am worried his goldfish was swimming around its tank in the opposite direction than normal. 

PLease tell me that is a true story Micky

Edited by Wullie

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

it worked for Billy Heyes in Midnight Express, walking the wrong way got his sanity back.   That's what I'd of told the player before pushing the red button  anyhow.

While I’m not disgusted by no salary you’d think for both parties it’s worth mentioning. Surely stops a lot of time wasters. Our place doesn’t specify salary as well. Most don’t. Must be a reason.

Edited by tomski

• Members
19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

There’s a few stories out there about Chelsea players I dunno what it is about them or whether it’s the same player. 
Ashley Cole said Michael Essien left one liaison officer his Bentley continental as a thank you so maybe it was him. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, tomski said:

While I’m not disgusted by no salary you’d think for both parties it’s worth mentioning. Surely stops a lot of time wasters. Our place doesn’t specify salary as well. Most don’t. Must be a reason.

Perhaps negotiating your own salary can save the club a few quid if they aren't the first to blink. 

1 hour ago, CJG said:

It's fucking disgusting that no salary is mentioned.

Why waste applicants time?

Maybe you should review your use of terminology.

It's "a bit odd', "strange, "a glaring omission" maybe.

It isn't "fucking disgusting". In a World where ordinary people are having their homes bombed to smithereens maybe a bit of balance would help.

Oh, & if that's your style, just as a piece of advice, save yourself the angst coz you'd never get near the job.

40 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Perhaps negotiating your own salary can save the club a few quid if they aren't the first to blink. 

No doubt. Must be a reason most do it. Personally I wouldn’t fancy working for the wanderers 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I do not want to be the players' arse wipe boy... 4AM? I'd go around and flush it down the bog

14 hours ago, tomski said:

Whenever we advertise a job at our place, we never mention a salary