Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H)

Burndens Bogs

Ameachi does really well to get it out of his feet and through to JBD when under pressure, and JDB comes up with a very composed finish.

Their No.11 was the shithouse grinning right in front of Morley's face with about ten minutes to play. It's very satisfying to see his reaction just after we score. 😁

• Site Supporter

What a horrible team Morecambe are, came for a 0-0 and must have been tugging themselves at going 1 up.

Its imperative to score 1st against teams like that, 2nd half we just didn’t look like breaking them down.

Ah well, takes 2 points off their relegation fight. Our season now is all about enjoying putting a spoke in other clubs ambitions

You get matches like last night, nothing surprising about that,  it wasn't comfortable to watch but yet, we keep on plugging away and felt like another late winner. This team really impress me me with their mental toughness,  you need that going into the final stretch of a season.

Edited by Wullie

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

You get matches like last night, nothing surprising about that,  it wasn't comfortable to watch but yet, we keep on plugging away and another late winner. This team really impress me me with their mental toughness,  you need that going into the final stretch of a season.

Felt like a draw to me

11 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Proper bogey team this lot. Play offs look a big ask now but hopefully we dust ourselves down and keep going to the last game.

They're not a bogey team. We have played them four times: Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 0 .

However (and apologies as this is a bee in my bonnet that I've written about on here before) our record in derbies in recent years is utterly shocking. Just this year alone against other Lancs teams (Wigan, Fleetwood, Accrington, Morecambe) we are won 0 drawn 2 lost 3 . We've managed two Papa Johns wins (Rochdale and Fleetwood) but if we are talking cup games then the Stockport fiasco has to be lobbed in.

I'll know Bolton Wanderers really are back when we start bullying local also-rans like the ragbag assortment of nobodies mentioned above. We are highly likely to be in League One again next season and this needs setting straight. Before we return to the Blackpools, Blackburns, Prestons and give them a sharp reminder of what they've been missing.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Playing Dapo in the #10 role really isn't working IMO.

He either needs to play up top alongside Dion or be on the bench,

Dapo and Charles are our best two players when on-form, unfortunately last two games neither has been.

I would love to see them play as a front two again but Evatt seems set on using either Bodvarsson or Bakayoko as the second striker. Which is hard to argue with as both have been playing well or scoring.

Not sure how much of Dapo's poor game was due to his position last night. He was just taking poor touches, couldn't beat his man. I remember he received the ball from a throw-in in the first half and instead of tapping it back gently to the thrower, he volleyed it into touch. Very unlike him as the ball is usually glued to his foot.

I'd bench him for Sadlier next game.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Dapo and Charles are our best two players when on-form, unfortunately last two games neither has been.

I would love to see them play as a front two again but Evatt seems set on using either Bodvarsson or Bakayoko as the second striker. Which is hard to argue with as both have been playing well or scoring.

Not sure how much of Dapo's poor game was due to his position last night. He was just taking poor touches, couldn't beat his man. I remember he received the ball from a throw-in in the first half and instead of tapping it back gently to the thrower, he volleyed it into touch. Very unlike him as the ball is usually glued to his foot.

I'd bench him for Sadlier next game.

Charles needs another goal quick. Missed some absolute sitters last 2 games. It's probably already doing his head in.

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

They're not a bogey team. We have played them four times: Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 0 .

However (and apologies as this is a bee in my bonnet that I've written about on here before) our record in derbies in recent years is utterly shocking. Just this year alone against other Lancs teams (Wigan, Fleetwood, Accrington, Morecambe) we are won 0 drawn 2 lost 3 . We've managed two Papa Johns wins (Rochdale and Fleetwood) but if we are talking cup games then the Stockport fiasco has to be lobbed in.

I'll know Bolton Wanderers really are back when we start bullying local also-rans like the ragbag assortment of nobodies mentioned above. We are highly likely to be in League One again next season and this needs setting straight. Before we return to the Blackpools, Blackburns, Prestons and give them a sharp reminder of what they've been missing.

Are Stockport a Lancashire team?

11 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Ameachi does really well to get it out of his feet and through to JBD when under pressure, and JDB comes up with a very composed finish.

Their No.11 was the shithouse grinning right in front of Morley's face with about ten minutes to play. It's very satisfying to see his reaction just after we score. 😁

I noticed that too! 😁

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Charles needs another goal quick. Missed some absolute sitters last 2 games. It's probably already doing his head in.

I haven't watched any highlights but recall I made the comment last night about showboating... seems to want the spectacular when the mundane will suffice

15 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Proper bogey team this lot. Play offs look a big ask now but hopefully we dust ourselves down and keep going to the last game.

We've never lost to them have we?  3 draws and a promotion clinching win, and two last minute equalisers.  

Games against them are ugly though.  3 sendings off in 4 and could easily have been at least 1 last night.  Common threads running through most of the games are shithousery from them and how rank the refs have been, even worse than the dreadful standard we are used to.

15 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Looked like that Stockton when he scored run over to the east stand lower and was pointing that we were staying down so hope we don’t sign the twat in the summer 

No problem with that, we love that side of Charles or Dapo when they score, a bit of fire in their belly is part of the reason you sign goalscorers.  And anyway Stockton knows his only chance of signing for us is in league one, that's his standard (no disgrace in that), so of course he wants us to stay down! 

FWIW I was surprised what a handful he was, stronger and more to his game than I'd previously given him credit for.  There's no way he'll be at Morecambe next season, whatever division they're in.