Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth (H)

Steejay

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Looked a decent Plymouth team. 

Shilton or rather John McGovern was rebuilding the side relegated season before . Season after was some of best football ever to grace Home Park but lost out to Burnley in play offs after missing out by one point on last day of season despite winning 8-1 @ Hartlepool. Then Shiltons gambling screwed up the place completely. 

Took FiL to away end that day for his first game at Burnden in 20 years. He had ST pretty much from then on.

Edited by green genie

• Site Supporter

Just seen our team from the away fixture & it really highlights how much we have changed since.

Probably only two starters for tomorrow's game (Johnston, MJ), three if Dapo starts, began the game at Home Park.

Our back four was Brockbank, Baptiste, Johnston, Gordon!!!

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

I'm backing Santos to bag his first goal for us, he's been getting closer from corners.

But ultimately I think another draw on the cards. Albeit a more entertaining one. 2-2

Same was said by some before the Morecambe game, not sure what its based on!  I've never seen a worse header of a ball in the opposition box, in terms of ability to direct it between the posts.  And I've watched Zat Knight.  Far from getting closer, he's getting worse judging by that embarrassing effort in the 2nd half.  

42 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Same was said by some before the Morecambe game, not sure what its based on!  I've never seen a worse header of a ball in the opposition box, in terms of ability to direct it between the posts.  And I've watched Zat Knight.  Far from getting closer, he's getting worse judging by that embarrassing effort in the 2nd half.  

It’s funny because he always seems to get his head on corners coming into our box, he just never seemed to get near them in the opposition box until recently but unfortunately he’s put them all over the bar or wide. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mantra said:

I'm backing Santos to bag his first goal for us, he's been getting closer from corners.

But ultimately I think another draw on the cards. Albeit a more entertaining one. 2-2

I can't see it myself to be honest. He's not even getting in amongst  'em and making a nuisance of himself. 

I can see us getting a win if we don't get bogged down in our own half. 

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He shit out! Mind you, hes only 6ft 7!