Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth (H)

Steejay

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I tell you what say what you want to say about me all you want I don’t really care anymore, you sound pathetic, but let’s arrange to meet so you can say whatever you like face to face and not behind a screen or anyone else. 

Don't rise to it Rudy, it's beyond childish. 

1 hour ago, woolli said:

Thought we looked alot better when Sadlier came on, and alot worse when Kerchunga and Baka came on. I understand the need for fresh legs sometimes, but, my word, what a miss from Kerchunga!

This.........Time we plan for next season.....Start Sadlier,Dempsey.Jones and Lee last few Games

Aimson,Baka, Katchunga, Mj thank them for there service and lets move on

7 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Disappointing result.

Anyway check out our form against the current top 8.

That’s the sobering reality for everyone who thinks next seasons play-off spot is virtually assured. 

Take out Oxford and we’ve won 1 game and lost virtually all the others.

1/1/10.

Weller wannabe, are you forgetting Bwfc 6 Sunderland 0?

😉

Whoops, Sunderland is the 1...

Carry on Paul..... 😁

Edited by jeep

• Members
2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its becoming one of the stranger team selections that Sadlier never starts, and that's while Lee and Dempsey are injured.  Looks the most consistent and creative of the attacking players. I'm not saying anything new, his quality has been obvious since his first appearance (what a signing, full credit to IE for that).

Dapo just not justifying playing in that position currently.  Great assist for the Kachunga chance mind, looks a different player on the wing, looks disheartened in the middle at times.

He’s a winger. Trying him in new positions ok fine I get it but it’s like we’re not picking and playing to our strengths just to get people in the side 

18 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Gene genie may think otherwise,  they looked okay, nothing special, fair play to the pilgrims, nicked a 1-0, but overall they probably deserved it.

We weren't at our best today but gave me a bit of believe we can do something. 

We quickly adapted to the energy of your press by dropping deep to create space to play through or long and looked better team as first half developed.

Fair play that your tactical change gave you upper hand again and wouldn't have complained if you had equalised.

Pompey on Tuesday first of three home games in week we need to get 7 points minimum before a brutal run in.

No real quality, but well drilled, organised and a plan; the better team won.

But, poor defending and how did Kachunga not score?

Edited by boltondiver

1 minute ago, captainmed said:

Erm… No.

That’s the 1 win.

😀

Big one to forget though! And Oxford away was pretty good. Most of the others before out January lads settled in. Today genuinely could have gone either way. We will be up there next season beating the other top teams AND our local 'rivals' MMW 

2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

You don't think it is a football manager's job is to organise his team to defend set pieces competently?

Yeh I do but you don’t so go back to hating oil barons and all that shite and leave us be .

18 minutes ago, DaveTheRave said:

Whats Youri got to do with it?

I'm a lot of things; a superstud who only fucks beauty queens, an excellent footballer, an ex-thief and counterfeiter, a bullshitter, an orphan, an ex-drug abuser - but I'm not a bullshitter - why would I - to curry favour? I think you're all cunts.

15 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Probably the worst collective performance in a couple of months today. Just couldn’t get going at all. Credit to Plymouth they had a game plan controlled the ball for the most part and snuffed out our main threat (Fossey) 

its glaringly obvious the system doesn’t suit Dapo. He’s lost in there and hardly involved. Sadlier had more of the ball in the 20 mins he was in there (before we switched to a 433) and he played the role like a proper No  10. Roaming around, wanting the ball and trying to create. Dapo looked like he had another lease of life when he moved out to the left. The most he’d been involved for about 4 weeks! 

johnstone and Aimson aren’t the answer defensively if we want to kick on next season. One thinks he’s playing all day and the other panics like fuck every time the ball is within 20 yard of him. If santos decides his future is elsewhere there’s a big job needed on that back 3 next year. 

we get nowt off the teams above us and turn over the teams below so we’re bang on where we should be. The season Petering out to nothing is actually a welcome relief compared to the other tortuous ones

Great summary 

9 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Erm… No.

That’s the 1 win.

😀

I know pal, I edited it 😁👍

TBH, a lot of those defeats were before we got the new signings in January. I'm sure you'll agree with that.....

16 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Lost points through bad defending of set pieces again.That's on the manager again

Behave 😆

-----

As an aside, Sadlier looks a proper player in behind the strikers. Would definitely start him there next game over Dapo, who hasn't looked right for weeks now.

Shame that the season is over now, but in truth, I'm looking forward to us being a real force in the division next season. Coyw.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'm a lot of things; a superstud who only fucks beauty queens, an excellent footballer, an ex-thief and counterfeiter, a bullshitter, an orphan, an ex-drug abuser - but I'm not a bullshitter - why would I - to curry favour? I think you're all cunts.

Make your mind up.