Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth (H)

Steejay

52 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Like anyone wants to be watching us in Championship anyway, it's wank.

We've gone from people predicting relegation and the demise of the club to disappointed to miss out on play offs, not bad!

Another season of League 1, hopefully laying waste to clubs that have found our struggles funny and some great aways? I'll take it.

It would be nice to turn up with a proper team and settle a few scores next season.

Just now, jeep said:

I know pal, I edited it 😁👍

TBH, a lot of those defeats were before we got the new signings in January. I'm sure you'll agree with that.....

Yes I do agree but we went 7th In October when we beat Shewsbury at home, so the previous team weren’t all that bad.

There is one hell of a lot of improvement needed in order for us to challenge for the top 2, but I feel the play-offs should be within reach.

First half I thought we were very lethargic.2nd half much better 

Morley mom,he's going to be the main man for us next season 

Don't get the Kachunga knocking it's his first game back in god knows how many weeks ffs

Why did we in the esl lower get locked in for about 10 minutes after the game when there was not one hint of any trouble

10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It would be nice to turn up with a proper team and settle a few scores next season.

We've settled some scores this season after the nearly bust era, Ipswich, Gillingham, Lincoln etc but there's a few more we need to put right before our work here is done. Including Tranmere.

Top half after promotion is really good

Since about October, playoffs were always a pipe dream despite the recent good form

Past few games have highlighted how improved we are but also how far we are from the top 6

5 additions in summer and we'll be reet

Edited by jmjhb

• Members
19 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Why did we in the esl lower get locked in for about 10 minutes after the game when there was not one hint of any trouble

I was in ESL but not locked in at all , kicked off on hotel carpark saw an old fella covered in claret , sad to see.

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

2 teams cancelled each other out. They were nowt special, neither were we. Should have been a draw on balance of chances. Going down to 10 men obviously didn't help. Weird that we went to 442 and looked to be getting some success, only to revert back to type. 

I'd give both sides 5/10 - difference was a set piece. Decent away performance you could argue. Lots of shithousery and time wasting. One outrageous dive from one of their centre halves that nearly resulted in a goal for us. Dived as if he'd been shot, the only problem being that Dapo forgot to put a challenge in 😁

Their lot were quiet considering they'd brought a great turn out. Can only assume they were tired after a long drive! 😁

Season over really. Too much too soon to mount a challenge this year. To to re-evaluate and plan for next year! 👍

That's not the game I saw.  Plymouth on the day (with us under par) were a class above.  Retention of possession was outstanding, they didn't seem to have an obvious weakness, everyone comfortable with the ball at their feet, all knew their jobs.  They look like they don't rely on individual bits of brilliance, its all about the team shape and sticking to the task.

On another day we might have won but it would have to be one of our better days when Dapo or Charles does something outstanding, and too many are playing at  5 and 6 out of 10 level instead of 7s and 8s.

2 minutes ago, burnden said:

I was in ESL but not locked in at all , kicked off on hotel carpark saw an old fella covered in claret , sad to see.

Did you leave before game finished?

They locked gates at crazy corner for a good few minutes.We don't walk through hotel car park so didn’t see any trouble.Hope the old fella is ok

• Members
1 minute ago, 1969 said:

They locked gates at crazy corner for a good few minutes.We don't walk through hotel car park so didn’t see any trouble.Hope the old fella is ok

No mate left after the final whistle .

12 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's not the game I saw.  Plymouth on the day (with us under par) were a class above.  Retention of possession was outstanding, they didn't seem to have an obvious weakness, everyone comfortable with the ball at their feet, all knew their jobs.  They look like they don't rely on individual bits of brilliance, its all about the team shape and sticking to the task.

On another day we might have won but it would have to be one of our better days when Dapo or Charles does something outstanding, and too many are playing at  5 and 6 out of 10 level instead of 7s and 8s.

Fair enough. It's all about opinions. I thought we dominated possession and that they created very little other than the set piece. They were organised and we'll drilled. But nowt special in my eyes.

2 hours ago, Deanu said:

Don't really blame them for time wasting, nor any team especially at this part of the season as it's up to the officials to stop them & enforce disciplinary action yet this useless busy little prick just let them get away with it just like the ones who officiated Morecambe. Summer we need some proper CB's next to Santos if we want to mount a promotion push.

Correct, the game is too soft on time wasting.  It could just be a simple punishment/deterrent, if you clearly waste time, an extra minute is added on, or the throw/corner is given the other way.  When a corner is given teams should have, say, 40 seconds to take it and if they don't either a minute is added on or the kick goes to the other team.  Why's it so easy to spoil the game, we've paid to watch 90 minutes of football not the ball out of play.

8 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Watched from a window at the ground and about 10-15mins after FT saw a load of police run down to the train station, and another lit legged it up to the roundabout and then up the main road to the M61 around the back of Scotts.

This seemed to be after whatever happened initially and it wasn’t clear where the 2nd mob of coppers were going, as there seemed ti be v little movement outside of Harvester, and we didn’t see them come back. They poss went down the hill to the station from the side for some reason?

god knows…

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Sadlier has to be starting. He’s technically excellent. Baka and Kachunga don’t make us better at all

Dapo is a wideman, never ever a 10

We miss Lee & Jones badly.

Lets prep for the summer. A decent season

Agree with every word.  Although in defence of Baka and Kacha they've had their moments this season, happy to have them in the squad in this league.