Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth (H)

Steejay

1 hour ago, DaveTheRave said:

I thought it was a poor game today but we could easily have won. Charles had a good chance in the first half and could've scored in the second when the keeper pushed it onto the post. I really thought Kachunga had equalised and if Bakayoko had put his shot a yard either side it was in. They scored from a badly defended corner. Their time wasting was horrendous but I'd expect us to do the same.

I can't imagine us time wasting so blatantly as Morecambe and Plymouth have this week.  Last year when we were winning many games 1-0 I don't recall anything so blatant, maybe running it into the corner a couple of times but not refusing to take set pieces for a minute plus, not even showing to go and get the ball.  Correct me if I'm looking through rose tinted specs.

16 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Watched from a window at the ground and about 10-15mins after FT saw a load of police run down to the train station, and another lit legged it up to the roundabout and then up the main road to the M61 around the back of Scotts.

This seemed to be after whatever happened initially and it wasn’t clear where the 2nd mob of coppers were going, as there seemed ti be v little movement outside of Harvester, and we didn’t see them come back. They poss went down the hill to the station from the side for some reason?

god knows…

Plymouth turned up @ Sunlun earlier in the season.

It’s a big city, they’re pushing for promotion, have a lot of lads and most won’t have been here before in this position.

Forget the notion that whoever comes here gets a slap.

Morecambe & your Cambridges might but don’t assume the claret mentioned earlier on was on a green shirt……

Edited by captainmed

Off day today particularly first half, flat back 5 why? Went to back 4 second half which was better, Johnston and Aimson not good enough, need 2 new centre half’s that’s if Santos stays, need a better CDM than Williams, sort that and we will get promoted next season. I’m big Evatt fan but today wasn’t his best. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Plymouth turned up @ Sunlun earlier in the season.

It’s a big city, they’re pushing for promotion, have a lot of lads and most won’t have been here before.

Forget the notion that whoever comes here gets a slap.

Morecambe & your Cambridges might but don’t assume the claret mentioned earlier on was on a green shirt……

Indeed 

Alot of our kids seem good at fronting from behind a line of police and then scatter when it gets real.

I have no clue what happened today mind; just saw copper action mainly 

Edited by jules_darby

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

CD's are where I think we need to improve too.......

Still not convinced with the keeper either

Not sure why anyone would be, there just isn't the evidence during matches for him being someone we're so keen to have next season.  The 2 goals conceded this week very avoidable, just seems weak and half hearted.  I don't get why we're taking a chance on potential when surely there must be experienced keepers out there.  I'm not concerned for this season but it has to be a priority for the summer.

5 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Indeed 

Alot of our kids seem good at fronting from behind a line of police and then scatter when it gets real.

I have no clue what happened today mind; just saw copper action mainly 

Agree.

They will come unstuck away from home soon.
At the end of the day these young morons are making the match day experience worse for us middle aged guys.

😳😳

Edited by captainmed

11 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Agree.

They will come unstuck away from home soon.
At the end of the day these young morons are making the match day experience worse for us middle aged guys.

😳😳

Weve all been there though havent we?

Surely we'd rather some young scallywags make it a bit uncomfortable for away fans than them having free reign and wrecking the gaff like away fans have done for ages.

We have all been young and daft. Let em crack on, like you say they will come unstuck one day and grow up in seconds.

Just like we did.

5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Think it’s something along them lines

twitter saying he’s done for the season 

Yeh i thought that as soon as he stayed down.

He tried to play on after treatment, but was clearly struggling.

He’s not been his usual self for a few games now, maybe he’s been playing through the pain barrier & just made things a whole lot worse. I fear his season is over.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Surely we'd rather some young scallywags make it a bit uncomfortable for away fans than them having free reign and wrecking the gaff like away fans have done for ages.

We have all been young and daft. Let em crack on, like you say they will come unstuck one day and grow up in seconds.

Just like we did.

You’re right……

😎😎

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Disappointing result.

Anyway check out our form against the current top 8.

That’s the sobering reality for everyone who thinks next seasons play-off spot is virtually assured. 

Take out Oxford and we’ve won 1 game and lost virtually all the others.

1/1/10.

I must admit my ultra confidence of a few weeks ago that we would be top 6 minimum next season has taken a bit of a reality check.  Not saying we won't, but we currently look a bit short of the ability to beat the better sides, not to mention the lesser/direct sides on poor pitches in bad weather.  Plenty of room for improvement but no disgrace in that at this stage in our development. 

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Just like we did.

Aye we’ve had our bellies tickled many times down the years it’s nice to make it uncomfortable & moody 

Edited by radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

We couldn't get going in the first half. We were better when Dapo came out wide. Not only does the system not suit him, but it overcrowds things in the middle and him DC and JDB struggle to find room. 

We can't play out from the back without it going through Santos. We need an alternative that doesn't involve ten five yard passes before we venture forward.

Substitutions were baffling too. 

It's so frustrating and if we'd have taken the half chances we had beaten these today.

Onward.

As for the in-fighting/bickering on here, I think Rudy & Grey need to sort it out once and for all away from the board.

I'm not for taking sides, as I only really know Grey of the two, but I'll say this. "Grey, I like you, fella, but you're better than this, sort it out, pal"

47 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Aye we’ve had our bellies tickled many times down the years it’s nice to make it comfortable & moody 

No way am I having it that the Hardcore (The Colonel, Redcliffe, Mr Fade to Grey) have had their bellies tickled......

No way, it's never happened to those Top Boys......

No....

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

As for the in-fighting/bickering on here, I think Rudy & Grey need to sort it out once and for all away from the board.

I'm not for taking sides, as I only really know Grey of the two, but I'll say this. "Grey, I like you, fella, but you're better than this, sort it out, pal"

It's only coming from one side......

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Fair enough. It's all about opinions. I thought we dominated possession and that they created very little other than the set piece. They were organised and we'll drilled. But nowt special in my eyes.

Fair comments, we dominated possession 2nd half (mostly in our half) but not 1st half.  Agree nothing special but nobody in this league is, everyone goes on about Rotherham but every time I've seen them they look worse than us on our good days, but they are just functional and have a giant that can score headers.  Relegation fodder when they go up.