Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth (H)

Steejay

• Members
12 minutes ago, Traf said:

As for the in-fighting/bickering on here, I think Rudy & Grey need to sort it out once and for all away from the board.

I'm not for taking sides, as I only really know Grey of the two, but I'll say this. "Grey, I like you, fella, but you're better than this, sort it out, pal"

I have no interest in it at all. I’m here to post about BWFC and putting the worlds to rights. After every game it’s an unprovoked dig and I’m just sick of it. 

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh i thought that as soon as he stayed down.

He tried to play on after treatment, but was clearly struggling.

He’s not been his usual self for a few games now, maybe he’s been playing through the pain barrier & just made things a whole lot worse. I fear his season is over.

Its only 8 games though, games that are no longer "important".  No big deal from our point of view, obviously we wish him well, but its a chance for someone else, we've got plenty of options.

As MK says, I think today has perhaps seen how far we are from being a team that can be pushing for promotion. 

Few good signings in the summer, and hopefully we'll be there or there about next year.

Overall, i thought we matched Plymouth who will probably be a play off team & we cancelled each other out a bit. Their keeper didn't know much about his save from DC & I don't know how Kachunga didn't score.....with us on top  at that point & quite a bit of time to go, we'd have been favourites to go on & win.

Dapo is not a "no 10" but still a good player wide on the left, Sadlier looks a better player there & deserves a start in some position after looking good in his cameos but I think Dempsey is the best bet at no10 in the long run.

Aimson is a good solid defender but not so good on the ball ( & therefore of course gets loads of the ball ) ......we really miss Gethin Jones & Fossey is definitely more effective with Jones around.

Santos MoTM, Hardie is a good player but Santos dealt with him well. 

14 minutes ago, jeep said:

As MK says, I think today has perhaps seen how far we are from being a team that can be pushing for promotion. 

Few good signings in the summer, and hopefully we'll be there or there about next year.

It was the same against MK Dons a few weeks ago. We're a good team at this level but currently just short of what's required.

There's no shame in that considering where we've come from.

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It was the same against MK Dons a few weeks ago. We're a good team at this level but currently just short of what's required.

Correct. I made similar noises after MK.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Weve all been there though havent we?

Surely we'd rather some young scallywags make it a bit uncomfortable for away fans than them having free reign and wrecking the gaff like away fans have done for ages.

We have all been young and daft. Let em crack on, like you say they will come unstuck one day and grow up in seconds.

Just like we did.

Yep, no problem with our yoof making it a bit hostile.

Didn't see anything in Horwich but on Bolton station our yoof  on the platform were squaring up to some of theirs gobbing off still on the train, all piss & wind but entertaining. 

Mid table. That's us, that's our level.

One soft piece of defending and a free header at the back separated us today. Not bad in the grand scheme of things.

Our back line is what separates us from thr big boys up the table.

We will be reet.

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Exactly pal.

We now know what needs to be done to improve.

Good summer transfers, and next season - up we go....

We have done alright this season, today we played a form team in the division and matched them in the main. A top half finish feels about right. We are 8 and 10 points ahead of the two teams who finished above us last year. 
Playing Dapo as a 10 does not work, I thought it would but it does nt . Mr Evatt needs to realise that 2 in midfield ain't enough and getting Dempsey or Lee back will make a big difference. 
If teams stop our wing backs we need another option. 
Time to reflect on another season of progress .

Ohh and the petty squabbles on here are ducking pathetic. 

It wasn’t a great game - and I thought it would be.

crap goal to concede and we did have chances (kachunga especially)

they game managed very well second half - if the ref lets them get away with it, then not a lot we can do,  we would do the same if roles were reserved.

only criticism is too many long balls. Celine wants it on the floor.

aimson no full back and dapo needs to play out wide like second half.

always thought bottom of the top half would be a decent finish.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Mid table. That's us, that's our level.

One soft piece of defending and a free header at the back separated us today. Not bad in the grand scheme of things.

Our back line is what separates us from thr big boys up the table.

We will be reet.

I agree with most of that to be honest but what I would say is - take out a 2 month spell where we couldn't win fuck all and it's a different story. I know it's easy to say that and it's a lot of what iffery... but we had a L2 team stepping up into L1 and then getting a load of injuries and Sarcevic drama set us back so much.

@Trafsaying about eye opening to be more realistic I also agree with but also would say it was eye opening that 3 at the back isn't the solution to all our problems. We have to play the formation that suits our best players. For me, Dapo is our best player and it doesn't suit him one bit. It was like night and day for him when we switched to 4-2-3-1 and he moved out wide.

Again Gonzo, I agree with our defence separating us from the best teams. While 3-5-2 helped us become more solid, we have seen in the last 2 games its shortcomings. Mainly, Dapo isn't a 10 and without progressive centrebacks like Gethin Jones, it becomes easy for teams to leave Aimson with the ball and we create feck all.

All a lot of waffle from me, but as you say. We will be reet.

It's just a shame we've got nowt to play for, just hope we can use the end of the season to keep improving and identify what the priorities are for Summer transfers.

Edited by Mantra

26 minutes ago, Mantra said:

6 seasons since we had a 'boring' season.

Although I'd maybe count the relegation from L1 as kind of boring as it was done pretty early on.

I did a list a few seasons ago. A boring season is extremely rare.