Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The new matchday experience at the Unibol

Burndens Bogs

Fuckin’ hell, searched on the way into the ground,police dogs sniffing folk for drugs, OTT police and steward prescence in ‘Crazy corner’

Shutting the crazy corner exit after the game, making folk walk all the way up to the exit up towards the North stand.

Police stood at places they’ve never been stationed at in 25 years.

Wtf is going on? Have we morphed into Millwall from the 80’s?

All for a few placcy bottles being tossed in the direction of piss taking Wigan players.

It all feels a bit opressive and totally over the top.

Welcome to Neils World.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

Whether it’s the Burnley bastard or OB, they’ve got it wrong.

They want to improve the match day experience, perhaps stopping many less committed folk from actually going at all is part of the plan.

There we’re a lot of annoyed folk last night and rightly so

Shutting the ESL exits is a piss take. Understood it after Sunderland with what went on in the ground, the result and size of the following and i did say this will now become the norm

last night in particular was a joke as you can still leave the opposite end and walk back down & past the hotel and away fans coming out. What’s the point?? Feels like a “do as we say” ego trip. 

can kind of understand that line of OB in the stand for the bigger games moving forward but every fucking game is absolute overkill. Should be renamed Putin’s corner these days 

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

last night in particular was a joke as you can still leave the opposite end and walk back down & past the hotel and away fans coming out. What’s the point?? Feels like a “do as we say” ego trip. 

We leave WSL and walk through the middle of away supporters unfettered by the police because by and large,  we aren't 15-20 spoiling for a bit of confrontation by chanting "White Army!" as we pass through them. 

If you think the police are targeting the ESL unnecessarily then either you walk around with your eyes shut or you never grew up and still think a bit of a ruck around the area immediately outside a football ground where families are coming out as well is acceptable. 

Take it away from the ground so only like-minded folk are involved and there isn't an issue. 

Just now, MickyD said:

We leave WSL and walk through the middle of away supporters unfettered by the police because by and large,  we aren't 15-20 spoiling for a bit of confrontation by chanting "White Army!" as we pass through them. 

If you think the police are targeting the ESL unnecessarily then either you walk around with your eyes shut or you never grew up and still think a bit of a ruck around the area immediately outside a football ground where families are coming out as well is acceptable. 

Take it away from the ground so only like-minded folk are involved and there isn't an issue. 

Did Neil Hart write this.

Treat people like pricks, they’ll act up like pricks. 

How often does it kick off. Next to none. It’s hardly the cauldron of hate is it.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Where did I say it was unnecessarily being targeted? There’s a group of young uns that have caused this attention with their behaviour over the last few home games. Who all sit in ISL 1. the longer standing attendees in ISL 2 where there are also a number of older and physically impaired supporters are also being dictated too and being painted by the same brush. As always the behaviour of a minority impacts the majority. 

if you read my post correctly i did say due to this behaviour of the yoof I can now understand why they have the additional line of police between the 2 blocks for the bigger games. 

When they did it for Sunderland they also had a line of OB outside separating the 2 fans bases. Last night non of that. So the closure of the exits didn’t bring any extra protection or reduce the risk of any aggro in any way shape of form. 

personally not got an issue with the drug / pyro sniffer dogs outside beforehand but the overall over policing and closure of areas for every game is completely unnecessary 

30 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Shutting the ESL exits is a piss take. Understood it after Sunderland with what went on in the ground, the result and size of the following and i did say this will now become the norm

can kind of understand that line of OB in the stand for the bigger games moving forward but every fucking game is absolute overkill. Should be renamed Putin’s corner these days 

Virtue signalling crowd control.

• Moderators

It slowed down everyone getting in.

I think its needed when a team has the whole south stand.

Its not needed when morecambe bring 500. No  fucked in the world can launch a bottle from the ESL that would hit someone in the far corner of the south stand.

I do think closing the crazy corner exits will be the norm from now on and cant believe it has taken so long.

5 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I do think closing the crazy corner exits will be the norm from now on and cant believe it has taken so long.

If it does become the norm especially the same way it was done last night I just don’t see the point. 

we still walk down and then out up the road behind the cinema, you can still walk down the path towards Tesco where away fans are also exciting and as I say, last night could still walk around to the away end with no police in sight. Ridiculous over exaggeration 

44 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Agree totally, bloody annoying, your trying to run back to the car to try and beat the traffic then end up with a extra 110 yards to shuffle your way out, then walk back along where you’ve just come.  

As for being babysat by GMP, that just puts me right off going to the game, it’s annoying enough having CCTV, but this is just stupid, paying all that money in police fees in a area where I’ve not seen a single person thrown out this season.  At Burnden the club was against wasting money on Police and recruited loads of stewards instead and saved a fortune.

It’s a farce and meant a lot of people missed the start, when you are rushing around anyway for a midweek game. 

Same at the end, un-necessary delays.

People will tolerate it when things are going well, like they are currently. 

When they’re not, they won’t and will vote with their feet.

It won’t take long, it never does, and then you’re in danger of alienating the very people that it takes a lot to retain. 

Neil Hart you are a complete and utter wanker.

Edited by captainmed

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

All this because of the Wigan & Sunderland games ffs how would the club/police cope if we had big away numbers on a regular basis

Tbh I think the Wigan game was policed quite well. There were no fan issues it was just when that rat celebrated in front of the that corner. 

the key difference between that and Sunderland game which in my opinion caused the bigger issues were they sold away tickets right to the barrier. 

segregation was minimal due to the seats they would normally net off already being full of ST holders. If they capped away followings to the same line they had Wigan in the lower tier there’d be no issue at all 

Any post-match issues would be immediately solved by keeping the away fans inside for 10-15 minutes and let the home fans clear.

Throw that alongside the visible police presence in ESL with fuck all in the away end and you can see why people are questioning if away fans get better treatment than us.   

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Any post-match issues would be immediately solved by keeping the away fans inside for 10-15 minutes and let the home fans clear.

Throw that alongside the visible police presence in ESL with fuck all in the away end and you can see why people are questioning if away fans get better treatment than us.   

Those 2 lines of police they now insist on which split the 2 blocks and run down under the screen get them to move outside and form a cordon. Piece of piss

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, tomski said:

Did Neil Hart write this.

Treat people like pricks, they’ll act up like pricks. 

How often does it kick off. Next to none. It’s hardly the cauldron of hate is it.

Then it’s a catch22 situation which nobody will win. I get that it doesn’t kick off too often but I put that down to it being all about the posturing. I don’t like the policing or stewarding any more than anyone else but it is what it is. The more the yoof from ESL posture, the more stewards and police will be added. 

54 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Where did I say it was unnecessarily being targeted?

Here. 

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Then it’s a catch22 situation which nobody will win. I get that it doesn’t kick off too often but I put that down to it being all about the posturing. I don’t like the policing or stewarding any more than anyone else but it is what it is. The more the yoof from ESL posture, the more stewards and police will be added. 

Here. 

That’s not saying that at all. That’s saying the course of action they have taken is completely out of context with the levels of issues being caused. 

closing all exits every game due to what happened at 1 game IS a piss take. Simple