Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The new matchday experience at the Unibol

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

Just warning anyone that is going to reply to the EFL survey that got emailed…

It said that it would take about 20 minutes…maybe double it, chaps.

’Have you ever seen cocaine being taken?’ 😳

Todays' over the top irritation was being met at Horwich P Station by huge numbers of police with sniffer dogs.

The police in Krazee Korner seem to have suceeded in killing a lot of the previously good atmosphere in the ground this season.....Neil the Cunt will be pleased.

• Site Supporter

There was a bloke and his girl friend/wife standing where I stand at ESL/WSL corner. He said that the stewards had taken their tickets off them and told them just to find a seat. He said that their tickets had been flagged up to be confiscated due to police. They then wandered off into the WSL somewhere. Their seats (he reckoned) were right be hind the goal.

And there were lots of new faces round our part.  Neil best not be moving the Krazees.

4 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

There was a bloke and his girl friend/wife standing where I stand at ESL/WSL corner. He said that the stewards had taken their tickets off them and told them just to find a seat. He said that their tickets had been flagged up to be confiscated due to police. They then wandered off into the WSL somewhere. Their seats (he reckoned) were right be hind the goal.

And there were lots of new faces round our part.  Neil best not be moving the Krazees.

Do you mean corner east stand and north stand ???

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Eh? ESL/WSL corner? And behind the goal would be North Stand?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

You’ve confused the hell out of me here. WSL doesn’t meet ESL and behind the goal is either NSL or SSL.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

No. other end of NSL where it meet West Stand.

Why would they have their tickets confiscated if they were supposed to be sitting in NSL? Or do you think someone in ESL has been moved into their seats (which wouldn't make sense as there are loads of empty seats in NSL)? This has bent my brain.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Why would they have their tickets confiscated if they were supposed to be sitting in NSL? Or do you think someone in ESL has been moved into their seats (which wouldn't make sense as there are loads of empty seats in NSL)? This has bent my brain.

Mine too. If stewards/ police have enough evidence to confiscate tickets they should chuck the 'offenders'  out. Not let them wander about. I'd not seen them before. Anywhere in the NSL at all.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Mine too. If stewards/ police have enough evidence to confiscate tickets they should chuck the 'offenders'  out. Not let them wander about. I'd not seen them before. Anywhere in the NSL at all.

I was sat in that section today. Don't suppose you heard the daft old cunt who was screaming at Santos calling him shit every time he came up for a corner did you? What a bellend he is. Was slagging Dapo off for the entire game too, telling him to "fuck off to Fulham!". Mind boggling.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I was sat in that section today. Don't suppose you heard the daft old cunt who was screaming at Santos calling him shit every time he came up for a corner did you? What a bellend he is. Was slagging Dapo off for the entire game too, telling him to "fuck off to Fulham!". Mind boggling.

Not specifically, but there was a bit of slagging off all match. That's what made me think NeilCEO was stirring things up. I'd heard earlier that the plan was to move KK to the North Stand but I discounted it on the basis that NSL is still the Family Stand.

some owd fella left the ground yesterday, realising he needed a piss as he passed block P. security refused him entry to use the urinal on 'safety' grounds. with a straight face she said

'nobody is allowed re-entry, cos thats how the manchester bomb happened'

dunno whether i was more outraged or stunned into disbelief; the thought of geriatric jihadist blowing up an empty stadium actually went through this fuckwits mind

2 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

some owd fella left the ground yesterday, realising he needed a piss as he passed block P. security refused him entry to use the urinal on 'safety' grounds. with a straight face she said

'nobody is allowed re-entry, cos thats how the manchester bomb happened'

dunno whether i was more outraged or stunned into disbelief; the thought of geriatric jihadist blowing up an empty stadium actually went through this fuckwits mind

Jesus.  There's no arguing with that kind of logic.

8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I spoke to a decent mature fella today who has a season ticket in ‘Crazy corner’ with some family members.

He’s renewed for next season, but he’s had to move seats because the club aren’t selling season tickets in crazy corner next season.

Fuckin joke.

Absolutely crazy

Just when the feel good factor is back big numbers travelling away etc the club do this

wonder if any decide to sack it off 

32 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Absolutely crazy

Just when the feel good factor is back big numbers travelling away etc the club do this

wonder if any decide to sack it off 

I wouldn’t mind, there’s no major problems in the CC, it’s just boisterous kids having a good time - Just like i & many others did in the Lever End all those years ago, before all the woke wankers had even been born.

Like most newish stadiums, the atmosphere & experience is too sanitised as it is, Neil Hart & his ilk are just going to ruin the little bit of passion that our ground has.

Something needs to be done.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

9 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I spoke to a decent mature fella today who has a season ticket in ‘Crazy corner’ with some family members.

He’s renewed for next season, but he’s had to move seats because the club aren’t selling season tickets in crazy corner next season.

Fuckin joke.

I thought they were honouring existing seats? Has he bought extras and had to move because of that, or has he simply clicked on the map, seen no seats available and bought elsewhere rather than logging in and seeing his seat being offered to him to renew?

10 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Not specifically, but there was a bit of slagging off all match. That's what made me think NeilCEO was stirring things up. I'd heard earlier that the plan was to move KK to the North Stand but I discounted it on the basis that NSL is still the Family Stand.

Only NSU is the family stand

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I thought they were honouring existing seats? Has he bought extras and had to move because of that, or has he simply clicked on the map, seen no seats available and bought elsewhere rather than logging in and seeing his seat being offered to him to renew?

I don’t know the full details, he just said he couldn’t renew his seats in Crazy Corner for next season because the club aren’t selling them in that area.

I’m in iL 3 and recently i’ve noticed more and more crazy corner types in that area because they can’t buy tickets in iL1.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

There's a certain type of jobsworth officialdom that glories in situations like this and we seem to have a particularly virulent version of it at Bolton just now. Sensible and pragmatic policing would smooth over a lot the issues being outlined. But it feels like Neil Hart and maybe one or two further down the chain aren't satisfied with dealing with issues. Instead they want to make a name for themselves and the result is a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Get your segregation inside and outside the ground sorted, keep the away fans in the ground for 15 mins after the game. Don't be trying to kill the atmosphere inside the ground.

• Members
14 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

There's a certain type of jobsworth officialdom that glories in situations like this and we seem to have a particularly virulent version of it at Bolton just now. Sensible and pragmatic policing would smooth over a lot the issues being outlined. But it feels like Neil Hart and maybe one or two further down the chain aren't satisfied with dealing with issues. Instead they want to make a name for themselves and the result is a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Get your segregation inside and outside the ground sorted, keep the away fans in the ground for 15 mins after the game. Don't be trying to kill the atmosphere inside the ground.

Spot on. Someone is trying to justify their salary by overreacting to a couple of small incidents.

Neil get the fuck out of my club.

37 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I don’t know the full details, he just said he couldn’t renew his seats in Crazy Corner for next season because the club aren’t selling them in that area.

I’m in iL 3 and recently i’ve noticed more and more crazy corner types in that area because they can’t buy tickets in iL1.

Cheers, just wondered if there was more to it as that’s the first mention I’ve seen of someone actually having to move.

Not sure how many match by match tickets would be available to buy in IL1 anyway as it always seems busy?

The irony is that stuff getting chucked on pitch v Wigan came from nearer the half way line than CC.

I sit other end of ESL and there are no issues other than the guy behind me who moans about everything. If he was a parody Booer it would not surprise me. Yesterday the Keeper for the goal, for playing it short and kicking it long, Santos for not scoring, taking too many touches and rushing it, Johnstone and Aimson ( but fair enough there). MJ for running about too much, Morley was not touched ( fair enough), Dapo for playing out of position, hiding, being greedy, shooting. 2 up front not involved enough. Evatt for all the above and the ball boy for taking too long and a ball girl because she had to jump over hoardings to get the ball.  It was relentless. 

Morley btw was outstanding yesterday.