Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The new matchday experience at the Unibol

Burndens Bogs

59 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

What I'm saying is, as a family club, Neil should not be pissing off our own vile druggy thugs and those that will get any vdt's plonked next to them, for 20 odd (inc. cup games) a season when he can be pissing off a different set of away supporters every other week.

As 'a family club' Neil should certainly be pissing off VDT's. Both our own & from elsewhere.

I do get your maths though.

Tell you what, let's put that point to the much revered Chair & owner of this club & I'll go with whatever she says.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

As 'a family club' Neil should certainly be pissing off VDT's. Both our own & from elsewhere.

I do get your maths though.

Tell you what, let's put that point to the much revered Chair & owner of this club & I'll go with whatever she says.

I think Sharon has taken the view that the half empty stadium will be filled with family types not vile druggy thug types.I think Sharon's view is that the VDT's having their fun throwing bottles and invading the pitch keeps families away which affects the clubs revenue.The likes of Brighton and Norwich which are not bigger clubs in my view attract much larger family type crowds.The VDT's want Bolton to be Greater Manchester's Millwall ie small and rowdy crowds while Sharon wants a more Norwich style club

Kids will be kids.

I see Gonzo at a game with his dad and his own kids, former poster MR58 has kids & grandkids at games etc. Inot saying MR58 and/or Gonzo's dad used to be bellends (MR58 still is, though), but you alienate them and that's 3 generations of fans gone.

The bottle throwing and pyros etc have to be stopped, but youthful exuberance shouldn't. Give them their own section and ensure a gap between them and the away fans.

Also, away fans should be housed in the upper tier until they've sold that out, then if they need more, give them the block right behind the goal and then move outwards in both directions as needed.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

The bottle throwing and pyros etc have to be stopped, but youthful exuberance shouldn't. Give them their own section and ensure a gap between them and the away fans.

Also, away fans should be housed in the upper tier until they've sold that out, then if they need more, give them the block right behind the goal and then move outwards in both directions as needed.

That's all this is about. Stop that daft bollocks and problem solved.

Edited by Cheese

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

That's all this is about. Stop that daft bollocks and problem solved.

CCTV. 

Video, review, identify.
Contact offender, written warning saying you're banned for life next time. 
Hardly rocket science.

I started watching Bolton in the 70's as a 5yr old. Crowds were full of sickheads back then too, chucking bottles and bricks, scrapping everywhere.

As a teenager in the 80's, same scenario, just different dickheads.
90's : same
00's : same
10's : same
20's guess what?

Not condoning it, but every approach so far has failed. We've got the technology to fire a missile 5,000 miles through a fucking letterbox, surely we can identify & remove the problems in an enclosed bowl?

1 hour ago, Traf said:

CCTV. 

Video, review, identify.
Contact offender, written warning saying you're banned for life next time. 
Hardly rocket science.

I’ve lost faith in that process if the cunt in the Crewe end doesn’t get a knock on his door who was swinging in Dapo’s face when he went over the fence. Was stunned when he was just shoved back in to his seat and wasn’t arrested there and then, and that was only emphasised when three coppers dragged out one of the young lads on the pitch at the end. 

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think Sharon has taken the view that the half empty stadium will be filled with family types not vile druggy thug types.I think Sharon's view is that the VDT's having their fun throwing bottles and invading the pitch keeps families away which affects the clubs revenue.The likes of Brighton and Norwich which are not bigger clubs in my view attract much larger family type crowds.The VDT's want Bolton to be Greater Manchester's Millwall ie small and rowdy crowds while Sharon wants a more Norwich style club

i think there is a Family Stand 

north Upper/Lower 

a million miles from the Crazy Corner 

and its Tupence For 2 Adults 2 kids in there

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I see the clubs official twitter page posting videos of Saturday with lines like proper away day etc. The clubs own camera man was on the pitch himself filming the carnage after the goal.

So the club can utilise and promote our good vibes and slightly exuberant behaviour but Neil Hart wants to sqaush it all?

Cant have it both ways....

Good spirits. That's the key innit? Lobbing stuff at opposition players/fans falls outside that remit.

41 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Good spirits. That's the key innit? Lobbing stuff at opposition players/fans falls outside that remit.

Without a doubt. But by introducing over the top measures to stop an ultra tiny minority of people that fall outside that remit will kill all that good spirit and punish the majority.

Its pretty mad the club want you to grass on your fellow fan for the slightest of misdemeanours and threaten to close ends yet promote and join in with a rather boisterous away support.

Im not saying the latter is wrong by the way, its exactly what the club should be doing. 

Embrace it, utilise it, even exploit it. Dont attack it and try to kill it because of a handfull of dicks throwing stuff.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Without a doubt. But by introducing over the top measures to stop an ultra tiny minority of people that fall outside that remit will kill all that good spirit and punish the majority.

Its pretty mad the club want you to grass on your fellow fan for the slightest of misdemeanours and threaten to close ends yet promote and join in with a rather boisterous away support.

Im not saying the latter is wrong by the way, its exactly what the club should be doing. 

Embrace it, utilise it, even exploit it. Dont attack it and try to kill it because of a handfull of dicks throwing stuff.

Stinks of hypocrisy to me.

Use the great atmosphere to promote the club / sell tickets, but then treat you like shit for trying to create the same at home.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Stinks of hypocrisy to me.

Use the great atmosphere to promote the club / sell tickets, but then treat you like shit for trying to create the same at home.

They are full of it marketing wise , don’t seem to realise that our liveliest fans are youngsters & they might not be capable of differentiating sometimes that grey defining line between acceptable & not .

The club need to stop their patronising social media bullshit.

Cheese , gonna get my fck off in first .

• Members
15 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Flying flutes title winning 2011 5 aside team. 

Know some faces from there. Are they all still going? 

Two of the ones I recognise I’ve seen recently 

Spoke to a mate who was at the BWSA meeting other night.

Hart was there and reconfirmed his attack on our "Feral Youth" and aims to split crazy corner up.

The guy needs talking to task on this. We need a fight back.