Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The new matchday experience at the Unibol

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Cheers, just wondered if there was more to it as that’s the first mention I’ve seen of someone actually having to move.

Not sure how many match by match tickets would be available to buy in IL1 anyway as it always seems busy?

Looks like they may be doing similar in ESL as they did in WSL where there’s never been a hint of trouble except large and local FACup games.

Got one behind me in the ESL, he’s like a church mouse when we’re playing well, but if we’re not doing well his loud moaning and groaning starts and it’s fucking relentless.

He’s a master football tactician obvs.

Feel like sparking him out.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

13 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Got one behind me in the ESL, he’s like a church mouse when we’re playing well, but if we’re not doing well his loud moaning and groaning starts and it’s fucking relentless.

He’s a master football tactician obvs.

Feel like sparking him out.

Surely he's exactly what Neil the Cunt's grassline was created for. Use it or lose it.

• Members
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I’m in iL 3 and recently i’ve noticed more and more crazy corner types in that area because they can’t buy tickets in iL1.

I'm in IL3 as well on the end of row T i like it there mostly decent fellas where we sit , you are right though yesterday there were lots of new yoofs trying to find seats and squashing 2 to a seat.

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

We was sat above the WSL in the corner yesterday and it seemed fairly full 

WSL has started to fill up of late. Plenty of anger directed from there towards the away fans nowadays, but from a more "mature" audience.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Traf said:

WSL has started to fill up of late. Plenty of anger directed from there towards the away fans nowadays, but from a more "mature" audience.

Oh, I don't know. The big lad with the cloth cap on seems to enjoy standing calling them cunts; loudly. 

18 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Todays' over the top irritation was being met at Horwich P Station by huge numbers of police with sniffer dogs.

The police in Krazee Korner seem to have suceeded in killing a lot of the previously good atmosphere in the ground this season.....Neil the Cunt will be pleased.

I caught the train from Bolton also and was amazed at the security. I have a family member who works in a control room at GMP. The biggest problem they have is lack of Bobbies to attend jobs, sometimes these can be life threatening. 
There never seems to be a problem of numbers for a football match though. Bolton, City, United etc.

Any GMP Bod reading this, sort your priorities out.

7 minutes ago, freds dad said:

Overtime on a Saturday to stand around and push the odd fan. 

I’ve been attending matches since 1966. I’ve never seen anything like the security yesterday. I have 4 family members who are/were in the force. I know the score. When police resources are stretched to the limit, as they are throughout the county, yesterday and at other recent matches have been a complete waste of police resources. 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Ani said:

The irony is that stuff getting chucked on pitch v Wigan came from nearer the half way line than CC.

I sit other end of ESL and there are no issues other than the guy behind me who moans about everything. If he was a parody Booer it would not surprise me. Yesterday the Keeper for the goal, for playing it short and kicking it long, Santos for not scoring, taking too many touches and rushing it, Johnstone and Aimson ( but fair enough there). MJ for running about too much, Morley was not touched ( fair enough), Dapo for playing out of position, hiding, being greedy, shooting. 2 up front not involved enough. Evatt for all the above and the ball boy for taking too long and a ball girl because she had to jump over hoardings to get the ball.  It was relentless. 

Morley btw was outstanding yesterday. 

Which end then ? I'm right up in the back corner at the WSL corner. (honest, I've checked). The only regular 'gripe' is half a dozen in front of me half heartedly  singing 'we're gonna score from a corner', but yesterday just a bit further along towards the middle were the few hotheads I've not noticed before.

• Site Supporter

From Facebook…

Bolton Wanderers Football Club 
Are looking to recruit ground safety stewards in April the pay as it stands is £45 a match but should be going up in April,

Hours are 4 and half hours on match days which are normally Tuesday and Saturdays.

Benefits of working for the club is that you can gain a qualification in spectator safety NVQ level 2 
Be part of a community 
And a drink voucher on match days .

What we expect from you
Is to make sure that you maintain high standards of uniform which is white shirt, black clip on tie, black pants and black shoes or boots 

We expect that you maintain a high level of customer services at all times 

And that you make sure that people in your surrounding area are safe 

If anyone has an interest in this position please contact the club for an application form you can gain this by emailing the safety officer bcowcill@bwfc.co.uk

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

Tenner an hour?

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

More than minimum wage - plus you get a free drink, free qualifications, free football match, and a sense of superiority over thousands of fellow plebs.

Edited by Cheese

12 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but I just keep thinking there's zero chance of safe standing being introduced with Neil about. I was looking forward to it as well.. shame

Even though it would solve 99% of own made up problems the hysterical bitch tits.

Make it safe standing. Stick a net up to stop folk throwing objects and stop selling the entire end to big lively followings.

Job done. Somone give me his £40k PA.

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Even though it would solve 99% of own made up problems the hysterical bitch tits.

Make it safe standing. Stick a net up to stop folk throwing objects and stop selling the entire end to big lively followings.

Job done. Somone give me his £40k PA.

He will be on plenty more than that. 

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He will be on plenty more than that. 

....he best get justifying his own existence a bit more then.

Just heard the PSG ultras statement to their club. Imagine that lot having a Neil Hart telling them their money isnt welcome.

Treated like fucking animals.