Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Abramovich

deane koontz

15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

They have given us some right miserable memories. 
Relegated there, Drogba must have scored half of his goals at the Reebok,John Terry,  about time they went through the mire

My mates dad was pushing a family member in his wheelchair round the side of pitch before a Chelsea game once, during the warm up. Absolute rocket of a ball walloped him on the side of his head, dropping him to his knees. As he looked up Drogba was looking over, hand raised with a sheepish look on his face. 

Best strike Drogba ever made at Reebok according to my mate 😁

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Chelsea get 45% of the gate receipts anyway. Away fans or not.

The idea of no away fans doesn't make any sense.

The idea of no fans makes even less sense on that basis. :)

Anoway, this special dispensation they've been given is to allow the club to function whilst a buyer is found. Authorities don't want to see the club disappear, so they can continue to pay players and staff.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

They have given us some right miserable memories. 
Relegated there, Drogba must have scored half of his goals at the Reebok,John Terry,  about time they went through the mire

When Luiz strolled the length of the pitch unchallenged to have a shot when Bogdan took a right bumming

23 hours ago, Farrelli said:

This panorama Abramovich dirty money programme is staggering. How on earth did this corrupt bastard get to run a major UK football team for so long.

The Bishops Blaize had sussed Chelsea 15 years ago

"Hollow hollow hollow, Chelsea's success is fucking hollow.All that money they took, off the bent Russian crook and they'll never win 3 in a row"

And they didn't either

11 hours ago, Zico said:

When Luiz strolled the length of the pitch unchallenged to have a shot when Bogdan took a right bumming

I don't think I've ever been so angry at a team being so disorganised.  I stamped my foot so hard it stung for a few minutes.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

They get put in a holding fund, controlled by the Govt., but not used in any way until a formal decision is made on what to do with them.

Aye. Send it to rebuild Ukraine.

It mostly belongs to the Russian people, but their leader has now lost and credibility in claiming that, so fuck em. 

Give it to Ukraine.

• 1 month later...
On 16/03/2022 at 13:26, Dr. Feelgood said:

They get put in a holding fund, controlled by the Govt., but not used in any way until a formal decision is made on what to do with them.

Just  seen this post . I’m sure he has set up a charitable trust that he won’t control or have owt to do with and all the proceeds of the sale will go to the trust with the trusts aim to support Ukrainian children to post/during the war. Unless things have changed 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Just  seen this post . I’m sure he has set up a charitable trust that he won’t control or have owt to do with and all the proceeds of the sale will go to the trust with the trusts aim to support Ukrainian children to post/during the war. Unless things have changed 

He's changed his mind and wants his money back.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/03/jim-ratcliffe-talks-chelsea-fan-groups-todd-boely-buy-club-abramovich

• Members
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Chelsea won't go out of business, UK Govt won't want that as an indirect consequence of Russian sanctions.

Think Abramovich has them by the balls here. 

How do you give a sanctioned man back a few billion who’s got ties to a sanctioned country in the middle of an illegal war. Not a chance he’s getting that back

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

How do you give a sanctioned man back a few billion who’s got ties to a sanctioned country in the middle of an illegal war. Not a chance he’s getting that back

I agree he's not getting it back, which is why he might not agree to a sale. There will be some work around though, no way will Chelsea FC be allowed to go to the wall over this

Just now, Escobarp said:

Cheers. Fucking no chance he’s getting a penny surely 

Agreed. The Government should keep the money, and use it to reduce the high Council Tax bills we have here in the South East for a year or two 😏

• Members
5 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Agreed. The Government should keep the money, and use it to reduce the high Council Tax bills we have here in the South East for a year or two 😏

Oi, you insisted on having a moat, you can Fuckin pay for the maintenance