Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Portsmouth Home

little whitt

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

We're 11 points off the play offs.  Let's get 2 home wins this week against teams above us and see what we can get that down to, and at the same time let them both know we're a force to be reckoned with.  There's always something to play for, sort of.

Your plan relies heavily on those teams above us standing still and not collecting any points between now and the end of the season.

26 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Pompey haven’t scored a goal in their last 3 games and only achieved 2 points from the last 9 available-  that’s killed any play-off hopes they might have had.

3-1

yes they sit above us with games in hand and people still think we could make it.

time to build and experiment for next season,

trafford

senior jones santos johnston dapo/gordon

dempsey morley sadlier

baka dadi

yes thats right dapo as a wing back,sounds bonkers but hopefully spend more time in the opposition half than our own, give senior a run in the team coukd well be the answer to fossey, its time to see if he can make the grade

13 hours ago, MickyD said:

Your plan relies heavily on those teams above us standing still and not collecting any points between now and the end of the season.

Not really looking that far ahead, just thought there might be a modicum of interest if we win these 2 tough home games especially as the last 4 are winnable.  We probably won't win these 2, but it shouldn't stop us trying, and if we do, and a couple of others drop points, we'll all be looking at the table again. 

2 hours ago, Traf said:

yes they sit above us with games in hand and people still think we could make it.

Just to be clear, I don't think we can make it!  Just no harm in putting some meaning on games, which for us is to keep the season mathematically alive for as long as possible.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

image.png.66d607bcd4aa3b22767cc3395753b373.png

The current top 8 is the cut off for play-offs IMO.

Yep, Pompey, Ipswich & Bolton are on the beach.

None of our fans should feel disappointed, it’s been a great season & we’re progressing as a club.

Onwards & Upwards

Edited by Burndens Bogs

47 minutes ago, fester58 said:

time to build and experiment for next season,

trafford

senior jones santos johnston dapo/gordon

dempsey morley sadlier

baka dadi

yes thats right dapo as a wing back,sounds bonkers but hopefully spend more time in the opposition half than our own, give senior a run in the team coukd well be the answer to fossey, its time to see if he can make the grade

I'd try Dapo as LWB too.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Johnston wouldn’t thank you

Probably not, but half a dozen games back there might (a) make Dapo more 'aware' of the defensive side of the game and instil a bit more discipline into his game and (b) wake Johnston up from his often semi-comatose state.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Probably not, but half a dozen games back there might (a) make Dapo more 'aware' of the defensive side of the game and instil a bit more discipline into his game and (b) wake Johnston up from his often semi-comatose state.

hes not a 10, likes better coming in on the left, with us having nothing to play for, as a club there in a position to experiment for next season, not saying it will work, but hes either on the bench or upfront with charles for me.

On 04/04/2022 at 09:52, Traf said:

image.png.66d607bcd4aa3b22767cc3395753b373.png

The current top 8 is the cut off for play-offs IMO.

Always stacks up according to GD at this stage, looks like Oxford could make play offs at Sunderland's expense. We're about 6-8 goals off the pace, the effect of not taking enough advantage of set pieces such as corners?

I always maintained I wanted us to be in touch with the play offs at Easter. Started my summer early now although I might watch tonight.

Could do with an adult or U18 spare for the ESL tonight if anyone has one? 

given my lads away as he was working from home but he’s back tonight and wants to go. Can’t really revoke his as it’s for a 7yr old lads first ever football match 

cheers in advance 

34 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Could do with an adult or U18 spare for the ESL tonight if anyone has one? 

given my lads away as he was working from home but he’s back tonight and wants to go. Can’t really revoke his as it’s for a 7yr old lads first ever football match 

cheers in advance 

Look 3 minutes before you posted?

another wind chilled affair