Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Europe

little whitt

4 hours ago, Traf said:

Same.

Thirded.

I do wish it would all be restructured and Cup Winners Cup reinstated even if it would have to have a group stage just in case a big club threatens to fuck up and not be in Europe beyond Christmas, though.

Quite like seeing these unusual teams competing, that atmosphere Rennes v Leicester was brilliant.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Thirded.

I do wish it would all be restructured and Cup Winners Cup reinstated even if it would have to have a group stage just in case a big club threatens to fuck up and not be in Europe beyond Christmas, though.

Quite like seeing these unusual teams competing, that atmosphere Rennes v Leicester was brilliant.

First 30 minutes was frantic.

Crowd were absolutely amazing tbf, I didn’t think that the Frenchies could create that atmosphere.

I would have loved to have been there with my team.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Remember when we were one place off the Intertoto Cup and we shit out, clearly not wanting to be in it. Tromso away would have been epic.

Remember when we squandered a potential quarter final place to save ourself for Wigan away in the league... And lost both.. 

Jim Kelly Kick GIF by Warner Archive

12 hours ago, Steejay said:

First 30 minutes was frantic.

Crowd were absolutely amazing tbf, I didn’t think that the Frenchies could create that atmosphere.

I would have loved to have been there with my team.

It looked like an English style ground that, and that surge behind the goal when they scored was ace!

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Third tier European football, especially when the top tier has already been weakened- nah, not for me. Meaningless. 

Agreed, meaningless.  Europa League is bad enough but that 3rd tier one is a joke.  I feel sorry for the teams involved having to feign interest, when they'd probably rather be preparing for the next league game, knowing its their league position they'll be judged on.

• Members
18 hours ago, stevieb said:

Remember when we squandered a potential quarter final place to save ourself for Wigan away in the league... And lost both.. 

Jim Kelly Kick GIF by Warner Archive

Struggling to think of walking out of an away game angrier than that. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Why bring that up. I'd behead Megson for that and get other disgruntled ones to parade his corpse around the Unibol before he was incinerated on the pitch at half-time.

Not even Wembley 5-0 had me that angry at full time. Don’t get me Wrong I was fuming then but the comfort of knowing @jules_darby was going to have a worse hangover than me was a bit of comfort 😁

19 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Third tier European football, especially when the top tier has already been weakened- nah, not for me. Meaningless. 

Just trying to grab territory 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

European league via the back door?

No but the new format for the Champions League is, no groups anymore just one big league with shit loads more games where the top half of it qualify for the knockout stage.