Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (A)

Rudy

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, kent_white said:

I'm out for this one - looking after my 7 year old and don't fancy the aggro! 

Shame there's nowt riding on this other than pride for us......

They're 3 points ahead of mk dons, with 2 games in hand.

Beat them, and embolden the dons to pip them at the post.

Wigan finish 3rd and deflated, enter the play offs.

Miraculously, we qualify for the last play off place on the last day.

Then knock the fuckers out.

Oh the joy.

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They're 3 points ahead of mk dons, with 2 games in hand.

Beat them, and embolden the dons to pip them at the post.

Wigan finish 3rd and deflated, enter the play offs.

Miraculously, we qualify for the last play off place on the last day.

Then knock the fuckers out.

Oh the joy.

I'm back in! 🤣

I couldn’t care less about Wigan, never have never will, my hatred will always be Man United.  They’re not worthy of our hatred, I see any rivalry against them as a weakness on the stands by our youth and that’s all it is.  Our lads deserve more respect than them being talked about in the same breath, they’ve not done what our forefathers have, it’s as simple as that.

7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Wigan's success over the last 25 years has only come from Dave Whelan  gifting them a lot of money,It's as artificial as the UAE state fund buying Manchester's 2nd club the most expensive squad in world football and a lot of League Cups.

Roger - please fuck off - no one is interested in the ramblings of a red bastard

11 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Wigan's success over the last 25 years has only come from Dave Whelan  gifting them a lot of money,It's as artificial as the UAE state fund buying Manchester's 2nd club the most expensive squad in world football and a lot of League Cups.

Indeed

a rugby town, but this year’s success isn’t down to Whelan.

Man United aren't our rivals these days we're miles apart & they couldn't care less about us. Wigan have grown over the years with deep pocketed owners & the decline of Rugby League. I'd say it's a proper rivalry now & I quite like it if I'm honest. Always been a bit jealous of the Blackburn/Burnley & Preston/Blackpool derbies. I don't think it's at that level yet but it's getting there for sure.

2 minutes ago, peebles said:

Man United aren't our rivals these days we're miles apart & they couldn't care less about us. Wigan have grown over the years with deep pocketed owners & the decline of Rugby League. I'd say it's a proper rivalry now & I quite like it if I'm honest. Always been a bit jealous of the Blackburn/Burnley & Preston/Blackpool derbies. I don't think it's at that level yet but it's getting there for sure.

100% agree this.

56 minutes ago, peebles said:

They aren't our rivals ATM but the hate still mustn't go away.....

Plus, recently when I've met Manchester United "supporters" they aren't keen on us. I take pride in that, the cunts.....

52 minutes ago, jeep said:

They aren't our rivals ATM but the hate still mustn't go away.....

Plus, recently when I've met Manchester United "supporters" they aren't keen on us. I take pride in that, the cunts.....

Agree 100 % - they dont have to be our rivals for us to hate the vermin

2 hours ago, peebles said:

Bang on.

Its a proper fixture.

• Members
5 hours ago, peebles said:

Peebles you just gave me a semi