Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (A)

Rudy

12 minutes ago, jeep said:

Was thinking more of the overall experience like travelling, drinking, eating (even though its cheating) & the ground, etc. I've been to games at Wiggun before and it's been shite.

Aye it’s not the best. But as I’ve said before it’s who you go with and what you make of it just as much. For me I will be driving in and out but will still enjoy it (result dependent) 

just have to turn out for this mob imo 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Same kind of locals 

Belgrade has a hardcore support , scary place,  as you will know

these are shitbags of the highest order. But seemingly we’ve a few as well if we don’t sell Out 

Edited by Escobarp

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

Given some of our followings this year amazed this has not sold out quickly . Did we not sell more than this for cup game ? 

Was only the week leading up to the game that they really flew out IIRC. Just as always used to be the case really until the point this season where we started selling out so quickly.

In terms of the actual away day, it's only a shit one if you make it a shit one. Pubs shut, coppers don't want us etc etc then fine. Plenty of random towns scattered around for a booze that will welcome you with open arms. Will be a bit odd getting a lift to the game in return for a brekkie, but getting tipped out at one of the train stations after the game and heading elsewhere, be it Southport, Warrington, Preston. Wherever the first train goes to. Enjoy the game when boozing with mates and no hassle from coppers or Latics fans. What's not to enjoy?

Edited by Leyther_Matt

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

Given some of our followings this year amazed this has not sold out quickly . Did we not sell more than this for cup game ? 

4700 with initial 4000 I think gone in a day or maybe 2? Extra 700 In about 30 mins or summat. 

maybe a few got a fright that day 💩 

• Members
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Belgrade has a hardcore support , scary place,  as you will know

these are shitbags of the highest order. But seemingly we’ve a few as well if we don’t sell Out 

Aye they’re not even the biggest club in their own town.

Not making the playoffs will hit our attendances now. Still should be selling this out like. Thought this new rivalry between the yout would have sold this out no time 

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Isn't the 4000 full allocation now because their shit stand concourses are too small to cater for a full allocation? Sure Sunderland got the same number for this reason

No, that was why it went down from the 5,400 seats that are actually there down to the previous 4,600 and now down to 4,100ish

I’m guessing the block nearest to their knobheads will be shut along with the first few rows 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Aye it’s not the best. But as I’ve said before it’s who you go with and what you make of it just as much. For me I will be driving in and out but will still enjoy it (result dependent) 

just have to turn out for this mob imo 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Love it.

Manky cunts they are.  

Somebody’s getting revved up early. 😃