Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (A)

Rudy

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think it’s going to be a firecracker of a game and atmosphere, Evatts comments yesterday will have done the team talk for Richardson, so we better be up for it as well because they’ll be firing on all cylinders. 

IE needs to learn when to keep it shut.

Words are cheap, let your team do the talking.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I had to Google the name of their manager earlier on and I’ve still no idea who he is.

They mean nowt to me. Take a draw.

Just had a look , played for us 2000-2003 , can't remember him at all.

2 hours ago, desperado said:

I agree with the 3 scenarios and results. If we are shit we’ll more than likely lose.

However there’s one scenario you’ve missed. If we both play well. If this happens we’ll win 😊

In true Evatt fashion, on our day we’ll beat anyone in this league. We’ve shown since January we are a different proposition now. We’ve yet to reach our best (Sunderland apart) against one of the top boys - I’m hoping todays our day.

A win would set us up nice for next season and keep that doubt in your mind that while you might be a league above us, we’re on your heels and it won’t be long until nature takes it’s course and we take our rightful place above you 😊

We’ll miss Fossey no doubt and that could be the clincher, but if we find a formation and combination that gets the best out of the rest I think we’ll win today.

COYFWM 👏👏

I don't think it matters how you play as long as we perform well, we win. The only scenario that you'll like is #2

Don't get me wrong this could happen but the stars will have to line up and basic odds mean it probably won't. There's a reason why we have won 24 and only lost 6. We find a way.

Somebody mentioned nerves and this could be key as all the nerves are on us irrelevant of who we play this close to the finishing line. There's another thing also...I pray to God McClean doesn't come out doing his Vladimir the Impaler impression and gets sent off.

Early doors is very important because if you hold out for first 10 you're at base camp.

Either way ( if permitted ) I will come on here with my honest assessment of the match, defeat for us included. 

Anyway, excuse me guys as we have 3 points to contest and a few swift madri. 

5 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

I don't think it matters how you play as long as we perform well, we win. The only scenario that you'll like is #2

Don't get me wrong this could happen but the stars will have to line up and basic odds mean it probably won't. There's a reason why we have won 24 and only lost 6. We find a way.

Somebody mentioned nerves and this could be key as all the nerves are on us irrelevant of who we play this close to the finishing line. There's another thing also...I pray to God McClean doesn't come out doing his Vladimir the Impaler impression and gets sent off.

Early doors is very important because if you hold out for first 10 you're at base camp.

Either way ( if permitted ) I will come on here with my honest assessment of the match, defeat for us included. 

Non league kunt

7 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

Form since we basically changed our team in Jan says that if we both play well then we’ll be very even. Last 15 games we’ve got 32 points and you’ve got 31.

We’re not as good away as at home and I think Fossey being out could have a big impact, but I wouldn’t be so sure that there’s too much difference between the 2 teams at their best anymore (clearly was in the 1st half of the season).

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Form since we basically changed our team in Jan says that if we both play well then we’ll be very even. Last 15 games we’ve got 32 points and you’ve got 31.

We’re not as good away as at home and I think Fossey being out could have a big impact, but I wouldn’t be so sure that there’s too much difference between the 2 teams at their best anymore (clearly was in the 1st half of the season).

We’ve been shit for the last 3 games though.