Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (A)

Rudy

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Don’t understand the Kachunga hate, nowhere near the worst player on the pitch today. Charles has been awful but no one will mention that because he’s the golden boy…

Because Charles has actually shown something in the 2 months he’s been here… Kachunga hasn’t shown anywhere enough, and won’t be near the squad next season. 

21 minutes ago, Mantra said:

If you think he’s hopeless then we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Charles had lack of service but the service he did have he wasted carelessly today. and sometimes as a forward you have to do more than just wait to be fed the ball in the box.

My gripe is that Kachunga is and has been an easy target all season to scapegoat. Whereas fan favourites escape criticism for similar or worse performances

Evatt thought Kachunga was shit as well! thats why he was taken off first. Evatt dropped a bollock playing Kachunga from the start, but he corrected his fucked up.

Fair play for that second half and Evatt changing it, I sort of understand Bod being rested after playing games for Iceland, but Dempsey not starting is odd.

We misplaced so many passes we would have won at a canter if we had played how we can. They looked utter shite second half which is testament to us.

And if that Irish cunt had been sent off we'd have won that. Fucking referees

21 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Will Aimson been slagged off all day but what a cross that was

It was fair criticism tho. He’s shocking

why do we wait til 65-70 to press. Most weeks!

Evatt was defo Jekyll and Hyde there; got it badly wrong to start but good changes 

8 minutes ago, woolli said:

Evatt thought Kachunga was shit as well! thats why he was taken off first. Evatt dropped a bollock playing Kachunga from the start, but he corrected his fucked up.

Clearly didn’t as he started him and he’s just come back from injury which is probably a big factor in being subbed off but whatever suits your agenda.

Dion got subbed too, does that mean he’s shite?

Edited by Mantra

5 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

It was fair criticism tho. He’s shocking

why do we wait til 65-70 to press. Most weeks!

Evatt was defo Jekyll and Hyde there; got it badly wrong to start but good changes 

He was poor aye, subs made a big impact which was pleasing but the starting 11 can play much better than what they showed. Also have to credit the pies for starting the game with much more intensity than us, 

That draws a little line under some appalling recent league results v these tinpot wankers. It's a pity we couldn't nail them late on for 1-2 as that would have been magnificent. 

All in all though it's just a little cattle-prod style electric shock to this shower about what their future holds when we play them in years to come with a further improved team (whenever that might be). In making enemies of us they have bitten off way, way more than they can chew. 

Agree with everyone who says we need better defenders. We also need more physique in the defensive half of the pitch. Teams who get automatic promotion at whatever level are never physically bullied. 

Talking of physique - it'll serve Wigan well at this level but at Championship standard it won't be enough. Not even close. They'll need serious investment this Summer or they'll be in bother.

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Because Charles has actually shown something in the 2 months he’s been here… Kachunga hasn’t shown anywhere enough, and won’t be near the squad next season. 

Disagree with that. Kachunga had a tougher start coming into the side that got battered 4-0 at home to these lot. 
when he got fit he was our best player at times. Then got a big injury.

Dion came into our squad with all the January reinforcement and hit the ground running. Credit to him for that and yes I’d agree he has shown more than Kachunga but in no way would I write him off. He will have a big part to play next season for certain. People just love to hate him because his first 5/10 games for us included some poor performances and he was rightly criticised for it. He has stepped up since then

Edited by Mantra

Was great to see Bod & Dempsey add some proper intensity when they committed they really committed to their actions no half arse shit. Sublime header from Bod who is definitely good enough for this division, happy we've got him for next season too. Dapo has his best game for a good while, Santos pocketed that big fat fuck Maguinnes, Dempo put a nice on that little gobshite at the end. Definitely missed our wing backs though & had to adjust without the natural games of Fossey & DJ. In terms of Rugby FC they looked like they were feeling the pressure of being up there trying to grind out a win & completely shat themselves when we took it to them seeing as we had fuck all to lose. 

9 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Disagree with that. Kachunga had a tougher start coming into the side that got battered 4-0 at home to these lot. 
when he got fit he was our best player at times. Then got a big injury.

Dion came into our squad with all the January reinforcement and hit the ground running. Credit to him for that and yes I’d agree he has shown more than Kachunga but in no way would I write him off. He will have a big part to play next season for certain. People just love to hate him because his first 5/10 games for us included some poor performances and he was rightly criticised for it. He has stepped up since then

He’s really poor, offers nothing. But all about opinions. 

10 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Talking of physique - it'll serve Wigan well at this level but at Championship standard it won't be enough. Not even close. They'll need serious investment this Summer or they'll be in bother.

Maybe we overestimate the championship a bit.  Hull and Blackpool went up last year and stayed up comfortably with no obvious big investment.  And it gives us all hope that Hull have Tom Eaves up front (and McGennis till January) and Blackpool have Madine.  Although you just know they'd score a couple of headers against our defence and look like donkeys against everyone else. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Rubberkex said:

I don't think it matters how you play as long as we perform well, we win. The only scenario that you'll like is #2

Don't get me wrong this could happen but the stars will have to line up and basic odds mean it probably won't. There's a reason why we have won 24 and only lost 6. We find a way.

Somebody mentioned nerves and this could be key as all the nerves are on us irrelevant of who we play this close to the finishing line. There's another thing also...I pray to God McClean doesn't come out doing his Vladimir the Impaler impression and gets sent off.

Early doors is very important because if you hold out for first 10 you're at base camp.

Either way ( if permitted ) I will come on here with my honest assessment of the match, defeat for us included. 

Anyway, excuse me guys as we have 3 points to contest and a few swift madri. 

Amen Brother 😂

MK Dons on your tail.

We were pretty shit today and got a point.

We’re heading in the right direction. You will struggle in the championship. Cant wait for the next game. 

36 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Clearly didn’t as he started him and he’s just come back from injury which is probably a big factor in being subbed off but whatever suits your agenda.

Dion got subbed too, does that mean he’s shite?

A big factor for him being subbed is he was shite, and half hearted. Things picked up massively when he went off, hence the equaliser.