Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (A)

Rudy

2 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Video doing the rounds of their 'lads' having a go at 1 lad and his mrs walking through Wigan centre by the looks of it

Just watched it. 

What finer example could you want of what we've said about Wigan for years. Cowardice and opportunism passed from one generation to the next. 

• Site Supporter

What it shows is when folk start watching football at a club with history they 'learn' how to behave by watching their predecessors. When a club without any history gets itself elected or promoted (depending how long ago) the difference is there are no predecessors to learn from. 

3 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Video doing the rounds of their 'lads' having a go at 1 lad and his mrs walking through Wigan centre by the looks of it

Just seen it - Deary me, those Wigan “Hard men” don’t half throw some girly punches 😂

The girl connected with more than they did.

Scum.

26 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

If Wigan don’t get promoted the police will have one hell of a problem 

I think even people at the club will want them promoted to save them the headache/cost. I remember Iles saying on his twitter a few week ago that there were people at Bolton hoping Wigan would beat Sutton so our game would be shifted to midweek.

Not really sure it would have made much difference like.

56 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

If Wigan don’t get promoted the police will have one hell of a problem 

Sooner or later someone going to get seriously hurt at this fixture weve already had a number of bad incidents and folk getting seriously hurt, that situation is not improving, some serious bad blood going down on both sides.  

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sooner or later someone going to get seriously hurt at this fixture we've already had a number of bad incidents and folk getting seriously hurt, that situation is not improving, some serious bad blood going down on both sides.  

In world of restricted ticket sales, ticket offices with databases of fans including their postcodes,  no chance ever of pay on the gate, CCTV, and GMP robocops, parasites like Wigan can duck and dive like this with a low chance of consequences. The only chance of them coming seriously unstuck in the way they'd inevitably have done many years ago is by them walking unwittingly in to the wrong people at just the wrong moment with no police around. On a day like Saturday it would be an unlikely combination of events.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Daft thing it is none of it surprising. They've been at it years.

From appearing in Bolton town centre at half ten at night attacking women to picking on old fellas. Year on year they never change.

The video a few years back of a full on lonsdale crew walking to the town hall steps and singing away is a classic.     

7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

In world of restricted ticket sales, ticket offices with databases of fans including their postcodes,  no chance ever of pay on the gate, CCTV, and GMP robocops, parasites like Wigan can duck and dive like this with a low chance of consequences. The only chance of them coming seriously unstuck in the way they'd inevitably have done many years ago is by them walking unwittingly in to the wrong people at just the wrong moment with no police around. On a day like Saturday it would be an unlikely combination of events.

There has been several serious incidents in the last few years.   

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There has been several serious incidents in the last few years.   

You're probably more up on the ins and outs of recent history than me Mounts but if archetypal Wigan scrotes like those in the video have at any point walked in to the comeuppance they are due then I've never heard about it.

If I was a wiggin fan, i'd be horrified & embarrassed to death seeing that video. When I was involved many, many years ago, attacking an ordinary bloke with his woman would not have been acceptable & would have been self policed at Bolton.......they'll probably be proud of it.