Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (A)

Rudy

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s not in control of day to day policing in manchester but he’s the over arching head of the GMP, he employed the current GMP chief who was previously in charge of another strong arm police force in SY. Burnham first interest in politics came via the miners strike so he should know all about police bullies, if this was Liverpool football fans he’d be all over it.

You're embarrassing yourself now

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s not in control of day to day policing in manchester but he’s the over arching head of the GMP, he employed the current GMP chief who was previously in charge of another strong arm police force in SY. Burnham first interest in politics came via the miners strike so he should know all about police bullies, if this was Liverpool football fans he’d be all over it.

You may have a point re Liverpool fans, but the rest is tenuous. 

Policing rules etc are set by many in the higher echelons, but ultimately a chief constable is responsible for implementing the tone.

Wouldn't want that job for all the money on the world.

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You may have a point re Liverpool fans, but the rest is tenuous. 

Policing rules etc are set by many in the higher echelons, but ultimately a chief constable is responsible for implementing the tone.

Wouldn't want that job for all the money on the world.

Burnham employed him, he clearly knows how this Police constable operates, the scenes on Saturday and the policing operation employed were off the scale and uncalled for, someone high at BWFC needs to ask for clarification as to what is going on, add to that GMP were in attendance at Crewe at a match that was also a low risk game, the heavy handed policing at home games and the new membership scheme, points towards a sustained heavy handed policing agenda against our support, and I think our supporters deserve an answer and the club should support the fans in finding that answer by asking the authorities the relevant questions. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Burnham employed him, he clearly knows how this Police constable operates, the scenes on Saturday and the policing operation employed were off the scale and uncalled for, someone high at BWFC needs to ask for clarification as to what is going on, add to that GMP were in attendance at Crewe at a match that was also a low risk game, the heavy handed policing at home games and the new membership scheme, points towards a sustained heavy handed policing agenda against our support, and I think our supporters deserve an answer and the club should support the fans in finding that answer by asking the authorities the relevant questions. 

Do you reckon he asked him at the interview "how will you treat Bolton fans"?

You are suggesting they treat us differently to other GM clubs' fans, which Burnham certainly couldn't have known would be the case, even if the subject of football policing was discussed, which I doubt. Moreover, this new chief constable hinted when he started that he wanted to move away from some of the previous methods (yes those "woke" issues again) and essentially be more hands on traditional type stuff- as a general rule I'd embrace that if it materialises.

Your suggestion is actually quite sinister, and there's not a chance in hell that Burnham would go down that route, as it would be political suicide. Nor do I believe that he nor the chief constable would have such a view and attitude.

I'd suggest folk contact the club with concerns and also their mp. You have a particularly relevant option there, for more than one reason. Present evidence and let him take it forward.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'm not privy to how senior coppers are appointed, but do we think it was Andy Burnham who appointed him directly?

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/about-your-council/elections/police-and-crime-commissioner-elections.aspx#:~:text=Greater Manchester's voters elected Tony,first Police and Crime Commissioner

Maybe Burnham, maybe this mon, maybe both. Dunno.

Whatever the case, I'll eat my own arsehole if either dictated that bwfc fans should he treated differently to other GM clubs.

• Site Supporter

TBF, I saw a pie eater being nailed while I was on the bus replacement afterwards. 

He deserved it though, 5/6 of them smashed into some kids before the GMP intervened and one copper smacked him in the head, kicked his legs from under him, then knelt on his head in a George Floyd stylee. 

Claret all over the road, & the Colonel nearly stepped in it as he marched by a few minutes later.

• Moderators

The fact that coppers can openly twat football fans isn't Andy Burnham's fault. It's a nationwide issue, the fact that if it goes to court, you as a football fan are instantly guilty. There is literally no defence.

• Moderators

And Lee Broadbent is part of the problem. The myopic twat would defend this lot in the BN today:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/20044218.two-gmp-staff-mistreated-toilets-among-misconduct-cases/

"Others who received a written warning included one constable who used a personal vehicle in a police chase while not on duty."

"Another constable used CS gas on a 13-year-old boy as he tried to flee from a stop and search"

"And final written warnings were given to a constable and sergeant in a relationship who lied to their own colleagues when reporting a neighbour in a parking row."

That's just from one article in the local rag today.

Just took a deep breath and had a quick glance at tinpotwiganways to see if any of their highly articulate following had been discussing the incident involving the BWFC couple being attacked. Not a thing. It can only be concluded that such standards of behaviour must be standard practice in the land that time forgot, to the extent that comment is not engendered

Either that or the town brain cell has entered a period of extended rest after the weekend's exertions.

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

And Lee Broadbent is part of the problem. The myopic twat would defend this lot in the BN today:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/20044218.two-gmp-staff-mistreated-toilets-among-misconduct-cases/

"Others who received a written warning included one constable who used a personal vehicle in a police chase while not on duty."

"Another constable used CS gas on a 13-year-old boy as he tried to flee from a stop and search"

"And final written warnings were given to a constable and sergeant in a relationship who lied to their own colleagues when reporting a neighbour in a parking row."

That's just from one article in the local rag today.

😆 Remember The Cops very well. Little difference between the police and criminals. Roy played very well by John Henshaw. 

• Site Supporter

Just remembered. 

Saw a yoof, maybe Bolton, maybe Wigan walking across the retail park at Robin Park and all he could do, as he walked, was glance down at the label on his sleeve.

I was embarrassed for him. 

Now, it’s quite possible he kept checking to make sure he didn’t lose it but I think more likely he was checking himself for the “I’m hard as fuck” look. 

And when he walked past a shop window, fucking hell, his chest grew about four inches!

21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just remembered. 

Saw a yoof, maybe Bolton, maybe Wigan walking across the retail park at Robin Park and all he could do, as he walked, was glance down at the label on his sleeve.

I was embarrassed for him. 

Now, it’s quite possible he kept checking to make sure he didn’t lose it but I think more likely he was checking himself for the “I’m hard as fuck” look. 

And when he walked past a shop window, fucking hell, his chest grew about four inches!

Pie eater in his snidey SI - nailed on 😀