Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donny Away

matty2094

4 and a half hours to get there, leaving home at 10-15 from Marple !

great play to jules sorting a taxi from donny station at 2-30 when we were still on the train.

dadi, jones and traf were superb for me today.

support was phenominal.

love Bolton, love football, love always.

bolton are massive 

theldest passed her test... maybe a year ago? now driven to as many aways as i have. got a fist bump off pc skeletor, and met the Rut of Doncaster; Kitty turns 79 tomorrow, and still gushed like a teenager on meeting Tommy Rowe.

Oh, Aidan Barlow looked terrified when asked if he was from LH

top day again

An enjoyable result but pretty average performance. Been a really inconsistent season. Injuries and upheaval have been a massive factor in that.

At times we've been free-scoring and other times impotent.  Defence has sometimes been solid but other times shown a soft underbelly. Inconsistency is part of football obviously but think this season it's been more extreme than I can remember in other seasons.

I'm sure we will be more consistent next season with a more settled starting eleven. Can't read too much into today. Baka and Sadlier took their goals well but overall only Bodvarsson and Trafford stood out to me.

38 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That 2nd goal is a thing of beauty.  I'm not sure which is best, Dapo's pinpoint pass (from the left wing, his best position surely), or the sublime, effortless volley from Sadlier.  Class.

The pass was sublime, but that finish is something else.

Well, getting there was a clusterfuck

They weren’t awful, we weren’t great, and we still won. Trafford and DadBod the pick for me.

Saw quite a few ex WW old skool lot. And Spazzy Darren

Sat in the emptyish bit far left, was kinda nice to relax in the sun and watch the main body of our support; was pretty impressive really. Odd bloke sat by me reckoned he was a Swansea scout but in the Bolton end cos his missus (who wasn’t sat with him) is a Bolton fan. Very strange and pretty convinced he’d made it up. Which leads me on nicely…

not quite sure exactly what’s going on as not reading too far back, but I wouldn’t like to be the 3rd or 4th person at an away game to tap Dolly on the back and ask him if he’s called Rudy 🤣 

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter

I have a tendency, rather than directly asking every mixed race lad if they’re called Rudy, to just shout, “Oi, Rudy, you pillock!” as he walks past. It makes it sound as if I know him but easy to just look elsewhere if he doesn’t react.

Not found him yet. 😂