Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust meeting with Neil Hart

Mounts Kipper

j) Potential future events – the possibility of arranging some assistance for Bury FC on their return to Gigg Lane was raised. It was agreed that this would be discussed further in due course.

Fuck right off, as far as you can go, then a bit further

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, embankment said:

Micky they represent you and me.

We support them 100%. Don't we ?

On a serious note , they are a deluded bunch who the club pay lip service to.

Does anyone on here actually know any of them?

I'm not pretending a delegation from wanderersways would represent every fan either but membership wise I reckon it's closer than them. A massive cross-section of ages and lifestyles compared to the ST who only seem represent their own demographic. 

Edited by MickyD

3 hours ago, embankment said:

Micky they represent you and me.

We support them 100%. Don't we ?

On a serious note , they are a deluded bunch who the club pay lip service to.

Does anyone on here actually know any of them?

Auntie Sharon holds the trust and Neil in high regard. this is a sad time for BWFC. 

I predict issues this season where we have gone from Knobhead corner to Knobheads being spread around the ground ruining the matchday for folk who want to sit and watch who have normally been out of the way in the less desirable parts of the grounds. Upper tiers etc. 

• Site Supporter

So they work on dilution making them weaker rather than allowing them to be spread wider.

I see,  according to the ST minutes, NH is   running an extensive fans survey. Wonder if it'll just be as extensive as those supporters who belong to an officially recognised representative body such as ST, BWSA or BWDSA.

They dont represent me or 90% of our support.

They are the minority. Not us.

They sit from afar casting judgment on our fan base, sat in silence offering nothing but condescending criticism of our 'feral youth'.

They are that far departed from our normal match going fan they may as well be watching a different sport all together.

2 hours ago, Big E said:

Auntie Sharon holds the trust and Neil in high regard. this is a sad time for BWFC. 

I predict issues this season where we have gone from Knobhead corner to Knobheads being spread around the ground ruining the matchday for folk who want to sit and watch who have normally been out of the way in the less desirable parts of the grounds. Upper tiers etc. 

Not been following this , so are they moving people from their seats and actually telling them where they can buy a seat ?

On 01/04/2022 at 10:08, embankment said:

Not been following this , so are they moving people from their seats and actually telling them where they can buy a seat ?

Neil is specifically allocating each seat. He has a database of old, quiet grumblers with a bit of attitude and will place the ferels by them.

Previous groups of friends will be broken up and prevented from talking to each other anywhere in the ground. Families are being separated. Anyone known to have ever been loud will be prevented from sitting within 100 seats of Crazy Corner. He has film of you all going back 5 years and people can expect cops at the door, Court cases and season tickets being rescinded. 

Bit of a Putin is owd Neil.

He's on top of this.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

1 hour ago, embankment said:

no new season tickets or pay on the day sales. 

loads moved up by us now. 

1 hour ago, Big E said:

no new season tickets or pay on the day sales. 

loads moved up by us now. 

Couldn't get my 10 year old a season ticket with me and his Grandad.

Ive had to get him one for IL3 at opposite end of the stand.

He cant sit there on his own though 🤷‍♂️

58 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Couldn't get my 10 year old a season ticket with me and his Grandad.

Ive had to get him one for IL3 at opposite end of the stand.

He cant sit there on his own though 🤷‍♂️

It’s ridiculous. It really is. 

At a time when there is a proper connection between the real fans & the manager/team, the best atmosphere at the ground in years & lots of goodwill towards the club, it's such a shame that the FV people have got it so wrong ( & risk throwing so much of the goodwill away ) by linking up with a little group of irrelevant, self important  fannys who do not represent the large majority of Wanderers' supporters.

The membership scheme, the bookie ban, the wanky fanzone, the grassline, the dispersal of Krazee Korner (the part of the ground that creates the best atmosphere & the players always head for first ), a link with Bury FC ??? ............all bollocks & all with a feel of the supporter's trust !!

• 3 months later...
  • Site Supporter

Got this email this morning

We Need Your Help - Let's Do This Together!

Dear valued BWFCST member,

Our records show that you helped the Supporters’ Trust in the early days when we were fighting to keep our beloved club out of the hands of predatory owners like Anderson and Bassini. Your membership fees gave us a ‘fighting fund’ to assist us in getting the stadium listed as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) and stopped Anderson potentially cashing in by selling the ground and encountering the troubles that Coventry City and, latterly, Derby County have experienced.

Although we have a now brilliant owner in Sharon Brittan and a smart management team under Neil Hart, football has a way of coming up with nasty surprises (for instance, Bassini has been recently trying to buy Birmingham City). We need to renew the ACV in the next few months and you will probably have seen that planning permission has been granted for a major development of land around the stadium. We can’t rest on past success. We need to be alert to potential changes and be ready to fight for our Club’s future if and when circumstances change.

The Trust now has a great working relationship, as a trusted partner, with Neil Hart and his team and the Club is listening to all our ideas and concerns about facilities, stewarding, FanZone and much more, even down at the detailed level of giving the stadium a new lick of paint. We are making a difference!

We, the Trust Board, now have the ear of the CEO and his team but we don’t pretend to know everything that Wanderers fans want for in the future. We want YOUR ideas and for YOUR concerns to be the focus of our dealings with the Club. Only by becoming a subscribing Trust Member and telling us what you want can you have YOUR VOICE heard. We would love to have you back as a paid-up member and you may even consider joining the Board.

For any supporters who care deeply about the future of grass roots football, the Trust are also fully engaged with national movements like the Government’s Fan-Led Review which has seen widespread approval of the idea of an Independent Regulator to oversee football governance, control rogue owners and protect the Macclesfields, Burys and Oldhams in our area. We are also fully engaged with the Fair Gameinitiative to spread Premier League money down the pyramid in a more equitable manner to clubs like ours who can be seen to be run in a ‘sustainable’ way.

Whether you just care about Bolton Wanderers or the wider problems of the English football pyramid, we want to welcome you back to active Trust membership so that we can hear your voice, loud and clear and make sure that Sharon and the Board know what YOU want from YOUR club.

Please upgrade your Trust membership again to annual subscription with a recurring yearly payment or direct debit and ensure that the Trust has the funds needed to keep fighting for the future of the Club and the game that we all love.

To upgrade your membership to annual subscription again, please click here or email enquiries@bwfcst.co.uk and we can assist you with the process.

Thank you for your support!

BWFCST
20 July 2022

Thing is, I never even joined. 

Everyone signed up but didn’t pay: good job really as the money disappeared and was never accounted for. 

I don’t see how the trust can be part of the club and be for the fans. If you get involved you will end up just doing as the club wants even when it goes bad surely. Independent entity is what’s required isn’t it ? 

On 01/04/2022 at 09:16, gonzo said:

They dont represent me or 90% of our support.

They are the minority. Not us.

They sit from afar casting judgment on our fan base, sat in silence offering nothing but condescending criticism of our 'feral youth'.

They are that far departed from our normal match going fan they may as well be watching a different sport all together.

Yes but when you only listen to and take recommendations from the minority and no other element of the fan base then their voice by default becomes the voice for us all. 

He knows what he’s doing. Any changes or hard line tactics can simply be passed off with “after consultation with fan groups” as though we all asked for and support them