Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust meeting with Neil Hart

Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So you can't do it then, after claiming you could do it in 30 seconds.

No dick head I can do it but feeding that in to the club with any weight (or as much weight as the ST supposedly have) I can’t 

so why would I? 

But if the ST actually did some work and liaised with a wider group of the fanbase rather than their own self important cult then I’d be happy to air my views. As would many others 

so, jog on 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

No dick head I can do it but feeding that in to the club with any weight (or as much weight as the ST supposedly have) I can’t 

so why would I? 

You said it would only take you 30 seconds. No need for the abuse. 🙁

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

You said it would only take you 30 seconds. No need for the abuse. 🙁

Don’t cause a disagreement for disagreement sake then 

you know exactly what I mean but you’d rather misinterpret

no idea whether it’s a lack of attention from elsewhere or just an innate urge to balloon 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Don’t cause a disagreement for disagreement sake then 

you know exactly what I mean but you’d rather misinterpret

no idea whether it’s a lack of attention from elsewhere or just an innate urge to balloon 

You made the claim, not me. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Cheese said:

Right ok let me clarify to answer either your awkwardness or stupidity 

could I bang something out in 30 secs across media platforms to gauge fan opinion? Yes 

could the ST? Yes 

with said opinions would i get anywhere with the club? No 

with said opinions would the ST get anywhere with the club? Possibly 

see the difference? 

so yes I can do it in 30 seconds but why would I when it wouldn’t get me anywhere. So can the ST which was my original point you’ve decided to pretend you don’t get 

night night 

• Site Supporter

What do us as fans want from the new fanzone #bwfc #boltonwanderersofficial #alltheotherbwfcaccounts.

Job done.

Thousands of replies.

However.

What they seem to have done is said "Great job Neil, you're amazing"

Edited by barryk32

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Technically he didn’t. The claim was he could reach a cohort of like minded people. You changed that to all Bolton fans.

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So you can't do it then, after claiming you could do it in 30 seconds.

He claimed no such thing. 

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

It’s a piece of fucking piss these days to garner opinions, reach out to a cohort of like minded people, open up your own channels for people to feed in to

i could do it now in 30 seconds with one simple hashtag across probably 5 or 6 avenues 

53 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I have no opinion of them, other than they are the only show in town. I'm not a member and have absolutely nothing to do with them. You just said it would take you 30 seconds to conduct a poll of all Bolton fans. So do it. It probably took you longer than 30 seconds to reply to me.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Probably someone taking the piss out of them. Not exactly a group of young whipper-snappers are they?

https://www.bwfcst.co.uk/about-us/board-members

I think I know which one it probably is

Maggie has a background in media  

One is a barrister 

They look experienced enough not to spend 99% of their income on one thing   

If it's right "they received £14992 and paid out £13918 to their IT bloke" then they seem desperate to spend, or, they know someone who will happily invoice whatever they ask

• Moderators
13 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Wow.

@Zico Is £1,166.66 a month to run a website like that reasonable.....

Or....

Do you suspect shenanigans?

13 hours ago, Cheese said:

£7k was for "Website development" so that's virtually a one-off expense, so you can halve the "£14k a year to run their website"

Fair enough though. At least they're transparent.

had a look

it runs of Joomla - which is free to download

it has a template theme - which you download and install, then configure the colours - they are free too

so setting up the site is just a question of time - for someone who knows what they are doing 1 day, 2 at a push if they set up the initial site structure and content - maybe add a day to get the paypal integration sorted but again, that's easy for someone who knows what they are doing

£7k is excessive, totally, even if it included design of a logo

for perspective I paid £750 for my branding, and built my site myself, and did content - all in about 3 days, and I hard/hand coded the main site because I wanted to, and set up wordpress for the blog, so it took a bit longer than normal

re: ongoing costs

I host my site on a server space that costs me £15 a month - that is more than sufficient for the average 3k sessions it has a month, and the email address that I use all day everyday

it could be that they get loads of traffic and need a dedicated server

well, it looks like they use this company to host the site

https://www.memset.com/services/dedicated-server/

I would guess they need the £92 per month package, but even if they had been sold the extreme package for £450 a month, that still leaves £700 in ongoing expenses to keep the site up and running

and it's not like someone is on there adding content all the time, they've added a post on the 10/07, and the last one before that was august last year

someone, somewhere, is taking the piss

39 minutes ago, Zico said:

had a look

it runs of Joomla - which is free to download

it has a template theme - which you download and install, then configure the colours - they are free too

so setting up the site is just a question of time - for someone who knows what they are doing 1 day, 2 at a push if they set up the initial site structure and content - maybe add a day to get the paypal integration sorted but again, that's easy for someone who knows what they are doing

£7k is excessive, totally, even if it included design of a logo

for perspective I paid £750 for my branding, and built my site myself, and did content - all in about 3 days, and I hard/hand coded the main site because I wanted to, and set up wordpress for the blog, so it took a bit longer than normal

re: ongoing costs

I host my site on a server space that costs me £15 a month - that is more than sufficient for the average 3k sessions it has a month, and the email address that I use all day everyday

it could be that they get loads of traffic and need a dedicated server

well, it looks like they use this company to host the site

https://www.memset.com/services/dedicated-server/

I would guess they need the £92 per month package, but even if they had been sold the extreme package for £450 a month, that still leaves £700 in ongoing expenses to keep the site up and running

and it's not like someone is on there adding content all the time, they've added a post on the 10/07, and the last one before that was august last year

someone, somewhere, is taking the piss

Agree 

Whilst I dont think there is anything untoward in terms of false accounting or doing business with connected parties going on ,It does lead you to question their commercial judgement and common sense - after all these were the people who given the chance and  cometh the hour were going to save and run the club   !!

I guess they have made a decision to try to expand their membership to justify their existence and believe social media expenditure will convert to increased membership 

It begs the question as to why someone with an IT/ media background was not recruited onto their board at the outset  to do the work on a voluntary basis. It was an obvious and necessary skill set.  Am sure we all know fellow fans who are more than capable and who work in that industry. 

The fact is their moment has gone, they now cloak themselves with affiliates that include a back street bar in Benidorm run by a couple of Wanderers fans, in order to try to reposition themselves as  head of some sort of global supporters network, because the truth is they are desperate to remain somehow relevant.

In my opinion their views on how the club should be run  are no more relevant to BWFC and should be treated as such , than  those expressed at the annual get togethers at the Wanderers Lottery Agents do's that used to be held down at Pembroke Hall.

In fact , far less so because at least those agents ( who i do not mean in any way to disrespect in mentioning  ) at least put money into the club  

One final point - To put their IT expenditure into context Pompey Supporters Trust which actually bought Portsmouth FC and had circa 2500 members and held nearly £3 million of fans money only had total administrative expenses at its height of circa £35k and for the last couple of years does not have any running costs - i guess its all done by well motivated volunteers. 

I guess that's what happens when you set out to be truly representative, inclusive  and seek to avoid cliquism

• Moderators

It all really depends, I’d cost you 7k a week. I know one of the blokes who helped write Joomla. You don’t need someone at our level to put a site together using it.

The Atherton Colls site costs like £100 a year to host, then is updated by volunteers. They had someone who was doing them a new site for free.

Someone has had them over, you have to question the governance here. It‘s a scandal.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Carlos said:

It all really depends, I’d cost you 7k a week. I know one of the blokes who helped write Joomla. You don’t need someone at our level to put a site together using it.

The Atherton Colls site costs like £100 a year to host, then is updated by volunteers. They had someone who was doing them a new site for free.

Someone has had them over, you have to question the governance here. It‘s a scandal.

aye

I'm sure they could've found an avid fan in amongst all their members will do it for free or for next to fuck all

if they'd wanted to

which makes you wonder

did they shop around for quotes on what it would all cost? if so, I'd be more amazed this was the cheapest

i bet these would be more than reasonable based on their site content and testimonials

https://www.boltonwebdesign.com/

• Site Supporter
On 29/07/2022 at 11:11, Benny The Ball said:

they now cloak themselves with affiliates that include a back street bar in Benidorm run by a couple of Wanderers fans, in order to try to reposition themselves as  head of some sort of global supporters network, because the truth is they are desperate to remain somehow relevant.

I took a look at the groups they cite as ‘affiliates’ to the Supporters Trust and the ones they show off on their site are:

A Benidorm bar, Norway Supporters Club, Lancaster Whites, Latin American (Argentina) Whites, Disabled Supporters Assoc., London Whites, Bolton Wanderers Supporters Assoc. (Their Chairman is on the ST board), Irish Whites.

Of those I reckon some have possibly found the BWST instead of the BWSA and have now affiliated to the wrong one of two. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

A little confused as to why you keep asking me to post links to your account. But here you are. 

@thedrunkchimp

Post my facebook account next. Maybe my home address? 😁  Whatever floats your boat. #rentfree #stalker

Edited by Cheese

Just now, Cheese said:

Post my facebook account next. Maybe my home address? 😁  Whatever floats your boat. #rentfree

You asked me to post links, I was happy to oblige. I thought it was quite cute how you changed your profile picture as soon as I posted the link 😂😂😘