Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust meeting with Neil Hart

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Theres a discussion on a fans forum about the accounts released. It seems that you are currently paying out just short of £1200 a month for your website.
Would it be possible to advise who does this for you?
Thanks

Asked them.

Lets see if they reply.

56 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What is the Club doing that you think the ST should be railing against?

The Il2 situation. 

Making fans walk anti clockwise after games.

Cashless operations.

Theres plenty really. But if you think the ST will make a stand for anything like that you're on crack.

Its a completely pointless operation and they've a cheek charging folk.

A nice cozy gaggle of self elected cronies trying to gain a bit of prestige and power is all it is.

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

The Il2 situation. 

Making fans walk anti clockwise after games.

Cashless operations.

Theres plenty really. But if you think the ST will make a stand for anything like that you're on crack.

Its a completely pointless operation and they've a cheek charging folk.

A nice cozy gaggle of self elected cronies trying to gain a bit of prestige and power is all it is.

Hasn't the IL2 situation been resolved? 

Going cashless is just a fact of modern life, and it's currently just a "move towards" cashless, not totally cashless.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Hasn't the IL2 situation been resolved? 

Going cashless is just a fact of modern life, and it's currently just a "move towards" cashless, not totally cashless.

My 11 year olds season ticket is two blocks away and has to enter a different turnstile.

That aside, we shall see if we carry on getting treated like animals once the season starts. 

Going cashless maybe a fact of modern life, but you asked for a grievance so I gave you one :)

Like I say, if email the ST and say can you please let the club know Id like not to he treated like a 1980s hooligan every home game and Id also like to spend money printed by the bank of England, they'd close the tab immediately and carry on browsing adult works.

Its fuckin pointless.

...lets not forget we've seen it all before with various supporters clubs. And just take a look and the calibre of those involved. Its like Jacob Reece Mogg representing some coal miners.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My 11 year olds season ticket is two blocks away and has to enter a different turnstile.

That aside, we shall see if we carry on getting treated like animals once the season starts. 

Going cashless maybe a fact of modern life, but you asked for a grievance so I gave you one :)

Like I say, if email the ST and say can you please let the club know Id like not to he treated like a 1980s hooligan every home game and Id also like to spend money printed by the bank of England, they'd close the tab immediately and carry on browsing adult works.

Its fuckin pointless.

...lets not forget we've seen it all before with various supporters clubs. And just take a look and the calibre of those involved. Its like Jacob Reece Mogg representing some coal miners.

Have you contacted the Club or the Supporters Trusts about these issues?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Where do you think he got his lads season ticket from?

Youre on the wind up again arent you

Not at all. I may be misunderstanding something. Most people buy online these days.

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Have you contacted the Club or the Supporters Trusts about these issues?

Yeah, his initial ticket was near North Stand. The closest I could move him to was two blocks away.

No new season tickets in our block whatever the circumstance.

Why would I contact the ST when I can just contact the club?....see where Im going :)

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Yeah, his initial ticket was near North Stand. The closest I could move him to was two blocks away.

No new season tickets in our block whatever the circumstance.

Why would I contact the ST when I can just contact the club?....see where Im going :)

That is shit. Think I get it now. I thought IL2 had been opened up again once the "move your seat" thing was opened? I was obviously mistaken. If there are seats available, surely they can move him nearer to you? I agree that this is an issue that needs taking to the top. Obviously he'll be sitting as close to you as possible "unofficially", but really poor from the Club. The sort of thing I thought the ticket office would have sorted out in no time.

Edited by Cheese

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

That is shit. Think I get it now. I thought IL2 had been opened up again once the "move your seat" thing was opened? I was obviously mistaken.

Is what it is mate, he can sqaush in as every fucker stands anyway.

My grievances are pretty trivial and matter little on the grand scheme of things.

Sure the ST was originally put in place to make the owners accountable to much more serious issues.

Like I said before, its all fine at the min and them questioning stuff will rub people up the wrong way after the past shit show.

They should be drafted in like avengers when the accounts start spazzing up :D

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Is what it is mate, he can sqaush in as every fucker stands anyway.

My grievances are pretty trivial and matter little on the grand scheme of things.

Sure the ST was originally put in place to make the owners accountable to much more serious issues.

Like I said before, its all fine at the min and them questioning stuff will rub people up the wrong way after the past shit show.

They should be drafted in like avengers when the accounts start spazzing up :D

Unless someone else is willing to set something else up, the ST is all we've got if the shit hits the fan again. I certainly can't be fucked, and going off the comments on here, neither can anyone else, so they're the only show in town. Really poor from the club though if they can't let someone make a sensible decision on where your lad sits.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

Wow.

@Zico Is £1,166.66 a month to run a website like that reasonable.....

Or....

Do you suspect shenanigans?

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

£7k was for "Website development" so that's virtually a one-off expense, so you can halve the "£14k a year to run their website"

Fair enough though. At least they're transparent.

41 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

According to their own accounts they received £14992 and paid out £13918 to their IT bloke.

👀

I'm going to have a proper look at the site tomorrow to figure out what platform its on 

But from my phone i can see it's an amateur job 

I could knock up a site like that in a day

Then you can host websites like that plus email accounts for £10-20 a month 

They're taking the piss big time, or, someone's taking the piss out of them  

I'd be embarrassed to charge £500 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

I'm going to have a proper look at the site tomorrow to figure out what platform its on 

But from my phone i can see it's an amateur job 

I could knock up a site like that in a day

Then you can host websites like that plus email accounts for £10-20 a month 

They're taking the piss big time, or, someone's taking the piss out of them  

I'd be embarrassed to charge £500 

Probably someone taking the piss out of them. Not exactly a group of young whipper-snappers are they?

https://www.bwfcst.co.uk/about-us/board-members

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators

Will jones? Was added to be board to add some young blood

Few months later he and another one half the average age were gone

That nightingale was probably in his 40s when he turned up and had a pop at brett warburton...something like we need scum like him out of our club

It’s a piece of fucking piss these days to garner opinions, reach out to a cohort of like minded people, open up your own channels for people to feed in to

i could do it now in 30 seconds with one simple hashtag across probably 5 or 6 avenues 

but they quite clearly don’t want to. Until you give them some money. Where it then falls on deaf ears anyway 

the Fan Park thingy is a prime example of something that the ST should’ve been involved in steering from a wider fanbase perspective. It will no doubt be a success and on the face of it sounds great but if any fan opinion has been included it would have been minimal and driven by their tunnel vision views 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Go on then.

Oh give it a fucking rest

if you think they’re doing a good job then good for you. Bet it’s the best tenner you’ve ever spent. Many others don’t and are entitled to outline what areas they could improve without you repeating the same old bollocks. 

majority of comments in here are along the same lines so are we all wrong? No so go and bore some other cunt

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Oh give it a fucking rest

if you think they’re doing a good job then good for you. Bet it’s the best tenner you’ve ever spent. Many others don’t and are entitled to outline what areas they could improve without you repeating the same old bollocks. 

majority of comments in here are along the same lines so are we all wrong? No so go and bore some other cunt

I have no opinion of them, other than they are the only show in town. I'm not a member and have absolutely nothing to do with them. You just said it would take you 30 seconds to conduct a poll of all Bolton fans. So do it. It probably took you longer than 30 seconds to reply to me.

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I have no opinion of them, other than they are the only show in town. I'm not a member and have absolutely nothing to do with them. You just said it would take you 30 seconds to conduct a poll of all Bolton fans. So do it. It probably took you longer than 30 seconds to reply to me.

I don’t have a position to feed that in to the club with any amount of sway. They on the other hand do. All cosied up to NH and his “fantastic team” these days 

thats the difference. 

they seem to have a seat at the table so maximise it for the fuckers you claim to represent 

End of 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

I don’t have a position to feed that in to the club with any amount of sway. They on the other hand do. All cosied up to NH and his “fantastic team” these days 

thats the difference. 

they seem to have a seat at the table so maximise it for the fuckers you claim to represent 

End of 

So you can't do it then, after claiming you could do it in 30 seconds.

Edited by Cheese