Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Neil Hart

barryk32

37 minutes ago, Rudy said:

That was a moody fuckin game. I’ve not heard opposition fans ever ever boo someone as loud as they booed Coyle. It was deafening. Felt like it was going to go off any minute. 

Parked near The Beehive for that one. Dingles turned into pie eating cunts that night and were ambushing fans on the way back up De Havilland Way. Hiding in the bushes and going at families ffs

51 minutes ago, Rudy said:

That was a moody fuckin game. I’ve not heard opposition fans ever ever boo someone as loud as they booed Coyle. It was deafening. Felt like it was going to go off any minute. 

If he ever shows his face again at Bolton, i'll be booing the useless cunt deafeningly !!!

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Did Rangnick ever have a new manager bounce ?

Sort of.  He was initially The Messiah by not being the naive OGS, and the fact that nobody had heard of him helped with the mystique.  Won first 2 games 1-0 to confirm how tactically astute he was and how the team was all working together as a unit...  

On 15/04/2022 at 07:55, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He is a first class clown and ruining our club with his idiotic policies. He needs sacking now. Neil Fart out

How has he ruined it exactly? 

I know that membership scheme was a pain and the 'dob them in' line felt a bit on top. 

But on the flip side we've just sold 12,000 season tickets and seem to be doing alright commercially.

Still don't fully get the vitriol? 

• Members
9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I know that membership scheme was a pain and the 'dob them in' line felt a bit on top. 

But on the flip side we've just sold 12,000 season tickets and seem to be doing alright commercially.

I reckon that’s what the powers that be will judge him on. Make it a family environment get bums on seats. 

He’s over zealous on what he deems as trouble at games and seems to tar us all with the same brush. 
I’ve said it before the crack down has come from the FA and the OB

No tolerance after the euros especially with just being awarded the euros again. 

And he shags exhaust pipes

Just now, Rudy said:

I reckon that’s what the powers that be will judge him on. Make it a family environment get bums on seats. 

He’s over zealous on what he deems as trouble at games and seems to tar us all with the same brush. 

No tolerance after the euros especially with just being awarded the euros again. 

We've all shagged exhaust pipes. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" 😁

I think after a few incidents - we've had to look like we were being proactive in stopping trouble. That's what this line was probably all about. Shoddy idea as it is.

• Members
5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We've all shagged exhaust pipes. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" 😁

I think after a few incidents - we've had to look like we were being proactive in stopping trouble. That's what this line was probably all about. Shoddy idea as it is.

There is a danger of making the club corporate. I understand doing that when you’re playing in European competitions  but for now you don’t want to alienate the man in the street.

The work IE and the FV have done has created a new generation of fans which is a remarkable turn around. Just think Neil needs to curb his enthusiasm and remember this is a working class club in a working class town. 

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, kent_white said:

It's how NeilCEO announced himself. Clampdowns on Crazy Corner, membership scheme, grass-line.

If the club had done it with an announcement on the website, and if Sharon had put her name to it we'd have given it a bit of respect. She should have made him watch her first interview after FV took over and said, 'Neil(CEO) do it like this, and you can shag every exhaust pipe on the carpark, no problem'.

Now I'm afraid NeilCEO has made himself look a dick and has gained no respect really.

44 minutes ago, Rudy said:

We haven't been awarded the Euros just yet. 

In the hunt with Turkey & Russia....

52 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Absolutely agree.

Let's not forgdt, he reports to Sharon, she appointed him and she oversees what he does. She defended, even praised, his work in that recent interview.

Maybe he's willing to be her fall guy.

But we cannot say "we love FV. We love Sharon .... but we hate Neil Hart".

It's clear she believes in it being a family club and, in my eyes, sees curbing the excesses of a few tossers as worth the effort. Many on here seem to see over-exuberance as a right of passage, and a "we've all been there" but, y'know we ALL haven't.

He, she, FV may have been over enthusiastic on it but take a firm stance and rein back a little once you're ready is a well oiled way.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Absolutely agree.

Let's not forgdt, he reports to Sharon, she appointed him and she oversees what he does. She defended, even praised, his work in that recent interview.

Maybe he's willing to be her fall guy.

But we cannot say "we love FV. We love Sharon .... but we hate Neil Hart".

It's clear she believes in it being a family club and, in my eyes, sees curbing the excesses of a few tossers as worth the effort. Many on here seem to see over-exuberance as a right of passage, and a "we've all been there" but, y'know we ALL haven't.

He, she, FV may have been over enthusiastic on it but take a firm stance and rein back a little once you're ready is a well oiled way.

That's where I'm at really. Can't see any of these announcements would have been made without agreement from the rest of the board. 

This Neil Hart is a relatively young guy too - so hopefully he'll learn from this too. I'm reserving judgement at this stage. 

Although I absolutely agree with what others have said about not alienating the fan base. I imagine it's a very difficult line to tread! 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, kent_white said:

That's where I'm at really. Can't see any of these announcements would have been made without agreement from the rest of the board. 

This Neil Hart is a relatively young guy too - so hopefully he'll learn from this too. I'm reserving judgement at this stage. 

Although I absolutely agree with what others have said about not alienating the fan base. I imagine it's a very difficult line to tread! 

They'll look at the ST sales and think all is well, and they're probably right

It will be if we go up next season or are at least challenging

Thread the other day suggested folk enjoyed last season more than any other in years  

Nowt will change really other than that extra line of coppers in nobhead corner

Will soon be forgotten about all this 

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Thats exactly what i say tbh.

So, hopefully, you'll recognise that just isn't practical.

I mean, say it all you like, just be aware, deep down, it's bollox.

If Auntie Shaz sacks him in the Summer I'll admit I got it wrong. If she doesn't, and she won't, he's simply doing what she wants. Get used to it.