Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds (H)

Burndens Bogs

Some quality shithousing from Kachunga after the match. Only decent thing he did all game. 

Fair result. They might have gone on to win if they'd stopped time wasting and tried to get another. 

Typical end of season, nothing to play for type performance from us. 

Centre backs were excellent today without Santos. 

• Site Supporter

Pretty satisfying at the end of the day.

Considering we were without so many influential players; Santos, Dapo, Fossey, Dempsey, Lee.

And even more influential, the fact that Evatt (understandably) experimented so much with players, tactics and formation - that was a very  good point.

Despite all the changes, the one constant is they never give up and always have a late goal in them. 

Thought it was a very decent game, good atmosphere and decent football from both teams.

Equaliser was a bonus as I enjoyed it overall before that anyway. Nice to spoil their party. 

Think we can learn a lot from this season, lots of small details we can tighten up on, shithousery and dark arts in particular. 

28 minutes ago, Zico said:

Kicking off outside hotel and on the path next to Tesco car park 

I was in that. The Bolton and Sheffield fans seperated by 2 gmp officers with batons on both sides.

Riot police arrived then the horses.

That just moved the problem on to Tesco car park.

I told gmp that the problem had moved further up but they didn't listen

Edited by CJG

Nothing against Wednesday & you've got to do what you've got to do when you're trying to cement a play off spot but you've got to laugh at the way they were at our corner flag from the 85th min trying to run the clock down to then running off the pitch fetching the ball to rush Traff into taking his goal kicks when we'd equalized 🙃. Never thought I'd see the day where the messiah would put the ball into a net especially after his sitter against Gillingham at home that time but fair fucking play it was a hell of a finish 🙏

Bannan wasn’t such a shithousey little piss can, he’d have played in the Premier League.

Thought we were a little fortunate to get a point with how many half chances Wednesday had, but I don’t think they were anything particularly special, scored a scruffy goal and were pretty wasteful otherwise. Don’t expect them to do well in the play offs and might be looking over their shoulder a bit with MK and Wycombe still to play. 

They had a lot of chances but we had two of the clearest which fell to Sadlier & Bod in that first half. We were okay in spells but deffo nowhere near our best like many came to expect prior the match due to three tough games in a week & missing bodies. In hindsight these lot also had a full weeks rest going into this match just like Pompey had two & a half weeks rest going into our midweek game vs them. Wigan-Pompey-Wednesday all fully rested back to back with our most important players all out it's pretty good going. Officials again too... absolute wank... and their players are soft cheating bastards too.