Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds (H)

Burndens Bogs

I've never understood why walk-up gippers, parents with kids etc. elect to go in crazy corner, during little sam, Megson, Coyle, Freedman, Lenny, Parky and Hill's respective reigns of horror I'd offer encouragement during the game, but aim a stream of expletives tourettes like toward the dug-out at the final whistle after another piss poor defeat - they'd look at me like I was Gary Glitter (real name: George O' Dowd) - well fuck off to the WSU if you don't like it. Can you do an accumulater on us drawing 1-1 every game to the end of the season?

On to lighter stuff

best performance from Aimson in a white shirt for me

And this new corner routine running from deep seems to create space. Like it. Well done IE and co.

Strange game. Thought we started the 2nd half a lot better than the first then conceded. And then scored when we looked unlikely to. Strange game.

Love that we never give up 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Against a poor sheff wed team we’ve been poor, to many not good enough players… not took their chance, hope 5/6 of the players involved today are binned. 

Which 5 or 6 ?
I know you will place Katchunga at no.1

I didn’t think SW were poor, and we did get out of jail.

3 fair draws against better sides in this division without being anywhere near our best. 

thing with this league is consistency. The teams who are 7.5/8 out of 10 more often than not are up there. Our issue is going from an 8 down to a 4 or 5 too often. Task is getting in the players that will lift us to a greater level of consistency as again there won’t be much between any of the top 10 next season 

Thought we just about deserved a draw.SW had a few half chances but nothing you would say clear cut.Turned up just hoping to watch a descent game not to bothered about the result but by the end it felt so good shutting the Yorkshire cunts up

Morley mom

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Big E said:

Poor day for the future hopes of Crazy corner. 

funny watching the young lads in the away throwing all sorts with the old woman kicking off behind them. 

Was also funny watching a female weds fan join in with steaming through the gates when they scored then happily walking back to her seat 

Ie 

The stewards just like steaming in on the lads 

If she was a bloke 3 stewards would've jumped her

• Moderators

Oh and the AHM really took exception to a Weds defender at the end 

Verbals back and forth 

I was on the verge of texting Neil Hart about it as there was some very strong language and anger in my vacinity

54 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

What is this new (old) fashion for lobbing shit

Us and other teams

It’s really really wank

they chucked a seat on the pitch at one stage 

Agreed.

Maybe it's why Neil has an instruction from Auntie Sharon to try to prevent bad behaviour !

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Wonder if Neil happened to notice their own fans hitting their own player in the face with some kind of missile. Followed by 2 flares whilst the guys on the deck. 

Too busy getting police into our end 

• Members

I enjoyed that,Honestly thought we would get beat heavily today so well pleased that we kept going and got the equaliser.

Loads of theirs nicked outside the ground after the game one daft fucker trying to punch a police horse ....odd angry fuckers.

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Poor day for the future hopes of Crazy corner. 

funny watching the young lads in the away throwing all sorts with the old woman kicking off behind them. 

Why you'd glorify in yet another big following taking over the place and twatting our kids about is beyond me.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

On to lighter stuff

best performance from Aimson in a white shirt for me

And this new corner routine running from deep seems to create space. Like it. Well done IE and co.

Strange game. Thought we started the 2nd half a lot better than the first then conceded. And then scored when we looked unlikely to. Strange game.

Love that we never give up 

Great post.

Sums it up nicely 👍

Very enjoyable.

I wasn't that bothered till they scored but i don't like visitors over celebrating at ours & was joyful ( & a bit surprised, we'd gone off the boil a bit ) when we equalised, flicking v's at the away fans from miles away & everything. I didn't think they were that good, Pompey were better, & i'd expect to be playing them both again next season.

Good effots from Charles who never gaves them a moment's peace & i've no doubt will get goals again, Trafford especially for the 1st half save when it looked like it was already in, but MOTM to Aimson for some tremendous & brave defending, and he was no better or worse than any of the others with the ball.

& I don't like having a go at refs, even the bad ones usually balance out the bad decisions, but i thought today's consistently went against us.

• Site Supporter

First 30 mins, Bod was our best defender, midfielder and attacker. Not surprised he was knackered.

The offside on Charles when he finished it must have been tight but the flag went up instantly.

Not our greatest performance but good to piss off a few grumpy Yorkies