Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

League 1 - What’s your verdict?

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
On 03/05/2022 at 12:27, Burndens Bogs said:

Enjoyed that.

Wonder where that poster has gone who said we never score from open play?

He’s fucked off with the posters who said we don’t score from set pieces.

I find myself writing posts on here or talking about BWFC under the assumption that we're definitely going to get promoted soon under Evatt and Sharon. However, we could just as easily have Evatt poached by Derby. Bottle the playoffs 3 years in a a row, Sharon sells us to some chancer and we go bust.

However, I think myself and lots of Bolton fans have turned from doubters into believers under the new ownership and Evatt. Now many fans have a feeling and a belief that we're on our way back. And in some ways I think that can lead to a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy where the fans, owners, players and staff are all on the same page and moving in the right direction.

Can't explain it but it just feels like we're going places again. Maybe it's rose tinted specs or overly optimistic but I think we have great things ahead of us.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I find myself writing posts on here or talking about BWFC under the assumption that we're definitely going to get promoted soon under Evatt and Sharon. However, we could just as easily have Evatt poached by Derby. Bottle the playoffs 3 years in a a row, Sharon sells us to some chancer and we go bust.

However, I think myself and lots of Bolton fans have turned from doubters into believers under the new ownership and Evatt. Now many fans have a feeling and a belief that we're on our way back. And in some ways I think that can lead to a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy where the fans, owners, players and staff are all on the same page and moving in the right direction.

Can't explain it but it just feels like we're going places again. Maybe it's rose tinted specs or overly optimistic but I think we have great things ahead of us.

Football clubs can go a long with with momentum behind them. Just look at Luton & Coventry amongst others doing well in the Championship having been at a low ebb recently.

No reason why we can't stabilise in the Championship over the next few years then who knows

7 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Football clubs can go a long with with momentum behind them. Just look at Luton & Coventry amongst others doing well in the Championship having been at a low ebb recently.

No reason why we can't stabilise in the Championship over the next few years then who knows

Very true, momentum is huge in sport, whether that's within a single match or the whole context of a club.

Football does tend to be quite cyclical with teams having major highs followed by major lows. Would like to think the administration will be our lowest ebb for some time and we'll just be looking up for now.

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

We’re on our way back make no mistake - Sharon knows it, Evatt knows it and most of the fans know it.

Theres a real feelgood factor about the place & i’ve not enjoyed a season as much as this last one since about 1997.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Interesting update this afternoon re Derby. From a general footballing perspective the hope would always be that Derby sort this soon and get out of the footballing purgatory we know so well from 2018/19 etc. 

From a mischievous League One 2022/23 perspective it would do us no harm if their recovery didn't start to kick in until well down the line in this transfer window. The queue of big clubs at the top of this league was already quite a big hurdle even without a reinvigorated Derby County! 

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/may/efl-statement-derby-county-update-update/

55 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Interesting update this afternoon re Derby. From a general footballing perspective the hope would always be that Derby sort this soon and get out of the footballing purgatory we know so well from 2018/19 etc. 

From a mischievous League One 2022/23 perspective it would do us no harm if their recovery didn't start to kick in until well down the line in this transfer window. The queue of big clubs at the top of this league was already quite a big hurdle even without a reinvigorated Derby County! 

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/may/efl-statement-derby-county-update-update/

I’m not overly convinced about Kirchner, suppose time will tell. 

17 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Preferred bidder with the biggest hurdle still to overcome. Doesn't sound great.

What I heard was that the FL rules require footballing debts to be covered in full and other debts be paid at least 25p in the £. He seemed reluctant to do that.

If he doesnt then they're liable for another penalty point deduction (15pts. I think, this time) and wage, agents & new contracts embargos like those we saw.

Plus the previous owner still owns the ground and, though willing to lease it to them, only at a considerable cost.

Not to mention the new outstanding issue of Rooney's wages last season being paid from outside the club, which breaks almost every rule (financial rules. Not offside or handball ones).

7 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

100 points, 100 goals Bolton Wanderers, 100 points, 100 goals I say

I think IE should instruct us to start singing that from day 1.  And if we lose the first 3 games, keep singing it because he says we are the best team in the league.  That should make him some new friends.

• Members
17 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Horwich, you predict doom and gloom almost every season. 

To be fair I think our enthusiasm needs to be curbed.

One poster said this season was a failure because we didn’t make the playoffs. 

That’s how high the expectations are.

There are some Big clubs in this league next season and then there’s always a few lesser known mixing it up as well. There’s a reason Sunderland and Pompey have struggled to get out of this league, it’s tough. 

Our form since the turn of the year has been great but we need to know that next season we all start at a blank. 
It won’t be a walk in the park.