Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hot sauces

Rudy

• Members

Love a blow your head off condiment 

Someone bought me a selection of them for Christmas, all 3 out of 5 🌶 hot so far 

Until I opened the Encona Carolina Reaper sauce

4.5/5 🌶 

Toilet roll going in the freezer 

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Someone bought me a selection of them for Christmas, all 3 out of 5 🌶 hot so far 

4.5/5 🌶 

I drink the encona Carolina reaper one out the bottle. Missus just looks at me in disgust and then says no wonder your guts have rotted. 

had one once at a food festival. They warned me to take a wee bit. Billy big bollocks here fired right in. 
20’mins later nearly collapsed and had to be carted off and taken home. Never felt pain in my guts like it. And when it came out  I was in tears. 

so I bought my brother a bottle and gave it him for Xmas the massive cunt. But he wised up and still it’s in his cupboard I believe. 

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

4.5/5 🌶 

I’ve always found most of them a bit meh but not tried Encona. Will give that a whirl

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I drink the encona Carolina reaper one out the bottle. Missus just looks at me in disgust and then says no wonder your guts have rotted. 

had one once at a food festival. They warned me to take a wee bit. Billy big bollocks here fired right in. 
20’mins later nearly collapsed and had to be carted off and taken home. Never felt pain in my guts like it. And when it came out  I was in tears. 

so I bought my brother a bottle and gave it him for Xmas the massive cunt. But he wised up and still it’s in his cupboard I believe. 

Black pudding with some mango chutney blitzed into a sauce and a hot pepper sauce. It shouldn’t work but by Christ it does. It was one of the dishes I treated myself to using that Stornaway pud that you got me 👍

Just now, MancWanderer said:

Black pudding with some mango chutney blitzed into a sauce and a hot pepper sauce. It shouldn’t work but by Christ it does. It was one of the dishes I treated myself to using that Stornaway pud that you got me 👍

Sounds wrong but it might just work. I will be at the butchers Saturday morning as it happens. 

Let me know when you are coming up next and we will get out 👍🏼

• Site Supporter

The Stornaway pud is superb. Charley Barley or somert. Lucky enough to get it round here too. 
meanwhile on the hot sauce debate I prefer chilli oil on hand to add some spark especially the dregs at the bottom. Has to be the oriental stuff opposed to the standard fayre. Just had a helping on me smoked fish and rice. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Sounds wrong but it might just work. I will be at the butchers Saturday morning as it happens. 

Let me know when you are coming up next and we will get out 👍🏼

Never ever used to eat black pud but had that mango and hot pepper sauce with it in a Thai restaurant once and never looked back. That Stornaway pud begs some spice. Give it a try pal

Yep will let you know. Last time I was up you were in Thailand. Prob late May I’ll be there again

Just now, MancWanderer said:

Never ever used to eat black pud but had that mango and hot pepper sauce with it in a Thai restaurant once and never looked back. That Stornaway pud begs some spice. Give it a try pal

Yep will let you know. Last time I was up you were in Thailand. Prob late May I’ll be there again

Will give it a whirl. 

im In Egypt late may 😆

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

4.5/5 🌶 

Love hot sauce. 

There's a couple you can get made in Edinburgh called Leithal and Game Over. Both absolutely brutal and too much for me. 

If you ever visit I'll sort you a couple of bottles. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Love hot sauce. 

There's a couple you can get made in Edinburgh called Leithal and Game Over. Both absolutely brutal and too much for me. 

If you ever visit I'll sort you a couple of bottles. 

I’ll take you up on that 

48 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It is lovely I was pretty much drinking it up  the other day. Our Maude looked at me like I had shoved a bottle up my arse 

Fuckin hell. 😂😂

Two of my mates had a bet over some bollocks and the loser had to down a shot of any hot sauce. He brought one back from the Edinburgh Christmas markets and it came with gloves. 
He did a shot of it and within minutes he thought he was having a heart attack the big fanny. 
I had a little taste like you do and I couldn’t feel my tongue. 

I’ll ask him the name of it 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

When Revolution was open you could buy a stick of shots of flavoured vodka, somebody got me with the chilli one - that ended the night, on another occasion I played the same trick on a mate - I genuinely thought he was going to have a heart attack.

I remember that. They had the one as one with the gold flakes. Never understood that one either 

I absolutely love hot food. Vindaloos and Phaals etc. Love proper chilli's to go in stuff as well. 

However Ive yet to get in to this world. Im not really saucy guy as it is, slight squidge of brown on my sausage and bacon thats about it.

Whats my first one?

Slowly cook all of the finely sliced cloves from a large head of garlic with a finely sliced onion in a cup of sunflower oil for half an hour.

At the end chuck in 3 tablespoons of chilli flakes, five crushed Star Annise, a tablesponn of honey and some salt.

I always keep this in my fridge and it'll blow your mind

• Site Supporter

I saw one for sale in Cape Town many years ago that was simply called “Fuck Off, This will kill you”

Didnt have the guts to try it as I tried one just called “dead fucking hot” and it was like placing your mouth over the rim of a volcano.

it’s a lot of salt. Hence why it’s so addictive.

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Id rather just buy a bottle from the shop mate tbh :D

I never had a chemistry set when I was kid so I'm making up for it... just put it into an egg butty and it'll give you an out of body experience 🙂