Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sean Dych Sacked

tkonion

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Surely this doesn't merit its own thread on here? It's already being discussed in 'Todays Games'. Fuck em.

Fair comment, though I must admit I didn't read every single thread to check if it had already been mentioned anywhere on the site before posting.

43 minutes ago, tkonion said:

Fair comment, though I must admit I didn't read every single thread to check if it had already been mentioned anywhere on the site before posting.

Fromage is the self appointed thread police if you didn’t know 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Loads are, believe it or not ....

Without looking, I’m guessing it’s along the same lines as when Sam left - taken us as far as he can, football gone boring etc.

Be careful what you wish for. There’s a reason you’ve gone as far as Dyche can take you and it ain’t down to his limitations

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Without looking, I’m guessing it’s along the same lines as when Sam left - taken us as far as he can, football gone boring etc.

Be careful what you wish for. There’s a reason you’ve gone as far as Dyche can take you and it ain’t down to his limitations

Pretty much sums up what they are saying

Hopefully they'll follow the Man Utd recruitment model

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Some north west correspondant on R5 earlier reckoned he was going at the end of the season regardless anyway 

And with that in mind things got a bit strained between manager and board so they've potted him early doors 

Sounds about right given they have no immediate replacement

Wonder if they will come looking for a younger, ambitious manager who plays attractive football????

or they could do worse than pinching Leam Richardson from Wigan. They play an uncompromising brand of football but a successful one that might just fit burnley who have always been a grinding out a result sort of team 

either way it will be a caretaker til End of season. Can’t see it being fat Sam too costly. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Stunning decision. Especially at this stage. Effectively chucking the towel in.

Think it’s the opposite of chucking the towel in it smacks of desperation to stay up at any cost and the last throw of the dice . 
Was speaking to a Burnley fan a couple of weeks ago and he said there American owners didn’t have any money to invest so it’s probably run on premier league revenue to keep them going 

I see parallels. Curbishley left Charlton and Allardyce left Bolton. Two clubs were giving the premier League teams a bloody nose for years. As soon as those anchors left the club the tide turned. The balance at Turf Moor has taken a fatal shift. Years and years of reminiscing about the "golden years" are coming Burnley's way.