Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington H

DomRepWanderer

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No coincidence that when we have a lot of naturally attacking players on the pitch, and not much midfield cover.

It's the gamble Evatt often takes, and more often than not it pays off.

Sadlier, and Bako, both goal scorers, and Bod, MOM at Donny, dropped, didnt work. Charles cannot work the line on his own, felt again for him today. Different team when the 3 come on. Anyone thinking Kachunga is fit for this club, get real. Hes had enough chances this season, hes exceptionally poor, and dont expect Ameachi to be here next season, both players much of a muchness. Poor!

Amaechi playing without confidence/sharpness. Those two corners sum up his season.

Trafford started really poorly with his distribution. Kept waiting till the last second to kick the ball when being closed down and I was having visions of Zach Steffen vs Liverpool. Then the one time he gave the ball a good punt, it lead to our goal. Second half Trafford was much better. Dominated his area and must have glue on his gloves the way he catches everything. He still needs to improve at releasing the ball for counter-attacks though. Mostly goes for the safe option.

Bodvarsson clearly Man of The Match but got to say Baka is our most improved player this season. At first he just seemed like a big man that could be our Plan B to hoof the ball to for the last 10 minutes. But he's become much more than that for us. Good link up play, better at dribbling and passing than he was in August and he closes down defenders just as well as Dion Charles.

Really nice that we have the option to either play 4-2-3-1 and 5-3-2 now. Don't think it needs to be one or the other necessarily. Why not utilise both? Gives the opposition a much harder time of knowing what we're going to do and means we can mix up our game plan for both attacking and defensive reasons.

• Site Supporter

I bit my tongue, but I had some unintelligent dramatists behind me for first 20 mins.

Yes - I know we were far from fluid and look disjointed. 

But they really failed to realise that Evatt is experimenting (and why shouldn’t he with us being mid table and testing fringe players out)

They also failed to realise we were playing 2 games in 4 days.

”why the bloody hell does Bodvarsson not start?!”

And then they had the gall to laugh and mock as Bodvarsson grabs a brace - as if they knew better than Evatt 😣

They’ll be the same bunch who are saying Evatts not good enough when we aren’t 4 points clear at the top by September 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Who the fuckin hell is this co-commentator on ifollow

Is he always this slow? 

Living away I've had to put up with it more than you, he drones on about something that might have been relevant 5 minutes ago while the opposition are setting up a bloody equaliser or we've just bagged a couple

• Members
1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Living away I've had to put up with it more than you, he drones on about something that might have been relevant 5 minutes ago while the opposition are setting up a bloody equaliser or we've just bagged a couple

The Scottish fella is alright but fuck me the other lad sounded like he’d won a competition.

It was like sky sports had fans doing the commentary on the red button