Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington H

DomRepWanderer

Thought was a good game. Accrington Very well organised side Sykes for them has a lot of clubs watching him. He be a good partner for Santos. Very athletic. Dadi is a different class. With a good preseason he be a top player next season. Everts building a great team. 👍👍👍👍👍

A midfield of Amaechi, Kachunga & Dapo is too lightweight. I'd hope that the first two of those aren't featuring for us again.

Accy were typical Accy, tall physically niggly cheating cunts. Time wasting at every opportunity. 

7 hours ago, only1swanny said:

First time in ages that I've seen someone given a yellow for kicking the ball away 

Didn't even boot it away that far! Whinging Accy lot got him that booking especially Hamilton. So glad we've moved on from the likes of him and a couple of others the Commentators said used to play for us? Genuinely didn't remember any of them. Onwards and upwards

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Poor performances at the likes of Accrington & fleetwood mixed with Doyle’s shite finishing and we get play offs 

Add poor reffing to that. Burton (h) was a 1-0 win but goes in the record books as 0-0. There’ll be others both for and against us.

It’s the games like yesterday but away from home we need to improve on. We won’t lose many at home next season but it’s the burtons,  Fleetwoods and morecambes where the conditions aren’t ideal, it’s going to take a scrap & we can’t play free flowing football we need to learn how to grab wins from. They’re the kind of wins promoted sides get 

• Members
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

It’s the games like yesterday but away from home we need to improve on. We won’t lose many at home next season but it’s the burtons,  Fleetwoods and morecambes where the conditions aren’t ideal, it’s going to take a scrap & we can’t play free flowing football we need to learn how to grab wins from. They’re the kind of wins promoted sides get 

I fancy us to beat everyone at home. Like you said it’s away. The shitty little grounds where they park the bus where we have to go long. 
That’s where having Baka and Dadi will pay off. Can’t be afraid to mix it up 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Bolton have arguably one of the best playing surfaces in our league and also one of the best training surfaces. Perhaps training on such good surfaces goes against us when being asked to play on some of the poor surfaces we’ve seen in EFL 1 & 2.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Bolton have arguably one of the best playing surfaces in our league and also one of the best training surfaces. Perhaps training on such good surfaces goes against us when being asked to play on some of the poor surfaces we’ve seen in EFL 1 & 2.

Get em up Rivi with a sack full of nori bricks.

By my reckoning we have only got 14 points in 18 games v teams above us in the league 

Wigan 1

Rotherham 0

Mk 1

Plymouth 1

Wycombe 0

Sunderland 3

Sheff Weds 1

oxford 6

Pompey 1

we have only beaten 2 of those teams. Sounds obvious but we have to beat the better teams to have a chance. Add in the performances at places like Fleetwood, Burton, Accrington and to a lesser extent Morecambe. Of the 9 above us 6 will be here next season plus the 3 coming down, we do need to improve 10 points to make play offs based on current standings. 

Good game yesterday. Both teams gave value for money in a dead rubber.

Like the fact we are winning these games when I think of teams of yester year downing tools early.

Still a tinge of frustration we are gonna miss the play offs as examples further up shows them points could of been won but the whole set up feels ready for a promotion push next year. I can’t imagine us doing loads in transfer market (dependent on who goes) this might be a good thing as it’s as settled as they can, though I’d of said this last summer and we know what happened.

Just noticed that although I talk about a 10 point gap if we won at Sheff Weds (should have) and Sunderland (could have) we would be one point off the play-offs. Just shows how important beating other contenders is. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I thought Kachunga had a good game yesterday and think he'll come good, he passed and collected the ball well, especially early 2nd half.  He's very lightweight, but that'll suit him the way he plays, little nippy rascal 

Wouldn't say he had a great game, but certainly not as bad as some have made out. There was one run he made in the second half that was Usain Bolt-esque.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Ani said:

Just noticed that although I talk about a 10 point gap if we won at Sheff Weds (should have) and Sunderland (could have) we would be one point off the play-offs. Just shows how important beating other contenders is. 

Plus if we’d beaten any of those teams you mention their points tally would be worse so that makes play-offs closer still.

24 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I thought Kachunga had a good game yesterday and think he'll come good, he passed and collected the ball well, especially early 2nd half.  He's very lightweight, but that'll suit him the way he plays, little nippy rascal 

Was you pissed? He was his usual self! Shite!

5 hours ago, Rudy said:

I fancy us to beat everyone at home. Like you said it’s away. The shitty little grounds where they park the bus where we have to go long. 
That’s where having Baka and Dadi will pay off. Can’t be afraid to mix it up 

I agree, however that's our attack. Our main problem is getting bullied in the middle and at the back, players such as Johnston in our defence just gets bullied in the air, we've seen it all season.

Them 3 goals we conceded from 3 corners in that 10 minute spell at Burton summed it up.

I'm sure we all agree that the biggest room for improvement next season is our centre back options. We need some big guys in there, but also ones that suit our possession style. Players like Aimson just don't suit having to make 60 passes per game, his distrubtion is non existent. 

Santos can't do everything on his own.