Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H)

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

Considering we had nowt to play for and they were fighting for their lives and considering we could start next seasons first game with 6/7 different players; Bod/Lee/Sheehan/Dempsey/MJ/Fossey/Santos

That was a bloody good game and performance, well done young George

And well done everybody connected with the club. The best mid-table finish I’ve ever witnessed in my life-time 😂 

Love a last day game. Sunny day, both teams going for it, shake hands with folk who’s name you don’t know but you know they will be there again next season. Plenty of positives all round for a good tilt next time. 

Glad Fleetwood stay up. Easy trip and hopefully a chance to right the wrongs of previous visits and take six points from them. 

Dion's not had much luck the last two months but today is the epitome of keep going & going you're luck will change to gold. The amount of times he won the ball back & gambled on loose touches he's bound to eventually get rewards for it. All the new lads since Jan have been a big success & will be great to see them after a full pre season implemented in properly fully fresh. Obviously we've just missed out on having a chance to go up in a playoff spot but you have to say that the xmas injuries where we were playing the likes of Delfouneso & Johnston in central midfield has made it too much ground to make up but it's been a very positive, progressive season so well done to all the lads. Shoutout big Baps too, top bloke

Edited by Deanu

11 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Who still thinks Thomsson should go out to Chorley on loan. Great game today.

Had a good game.Got stuck in.

Its a great sign when we win 4-2 with a long list of injured players against a side scrapping to survive. There's a lot of enjoyment involved in supporting Bolton Wanderers just now. Looking forward now to our retained list and the hint of Evatt's plans that will provide. Then those summer days when we make interesting new signings, the day when the fixtures come out etc. Bring it all on.

Great way to end the season. Felt like a 20k match with the queues getting in and the atmosphere so I was surprised when it was announced to be just under 17k. 

Fleetwood made a good game of it. Glad that Dion got on the scoresheet to end the season, one taken really well and a bit of good fortune about the second but he was good value for his goals today. Trafford made some good saves and Morley gets better every week.

Also thought Will Aimson has been an unsung hero in last few games. With Santos missing we could have easily gone to shit defensively but he's been a capable stand in to end the season.

36 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Who still thinks Thomsson should go out to Chorley on loan. Great game today.

Not Chorley, but certainly a loan so that he’s playing regularly rather than twatting about with the inconsistent (and less intensive) reserve games. Ideally Rochdale where, on the evidence of Morley at least, they encourage good football and would be a good level to test him. 

32 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Their first was a thing of beauty. I even clapped.

Plenty did around us. Not sure it would have happened if there was more riding on it, but it’s a feather in the cap of our fans to appreciate good play even from other teams. 

4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Great win shame we couldn’t relegate them 

With the travelling that is looking likely, we’ll be glad for it I reckon. 

Loved today. To be fair I have loved being in this league. Apart from bad spell after Christmas. Scoring loads of goals and playing good football. Fans loving their football again and ground buzzing. Another year of this will be fantastic 👍 feels like early Rioch and big Sam days. Evert deserves a lot of credit and of course the owners. Coywm. 

3 minutes ago, true white said:

Loved today. To be fair I have loved being in this league. Apart from bad spell after Christmas. Scoring loads of goals and playing good football. Fans loving their football again and ground buzzing. Another year of this will be fantastic 👍 feels like early Rioch and big Sam days. Evert deserves a lot of credit and of course the owners. Coywm. 

Echoed in the season thread

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I was not clapping them lot for staying up 

Wouldn’t have clapped Morecambe 

Enjoyable game with nothing at stake for us, which showed that Bod should be 1st choice big forward ( but helped by coming on against tiring defenders ),Dapo's best position is on the left of our forwards, Celine is a menace to defenders & will always score goals & Thomasson had a spell of the best i've seen him play.......he needs to do it over 90 mins but he's gone up in my ratings.

Also, Trafford & Aimson were good while their 1st goal wasn't bad.

9 minutes ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Ended the season during a Viking clap 😄

Need to see our 3rd goal again, not a clue how that went in. Agreed their first was a belter.

Nice to go up another place.

Next year lads.