Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

25 Years since the last game at Burnden

Cheese

9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Saw this on FB but don't know how to link through there so sharing it via my twitter. Not sure if I've seen this one before.

Used to stand on that very corner totally overawed by the hordes of people streaming down the street when I first started going.

Yeah, coming out at full time on a night match in the dark as a young en was carnage. 

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Saw this on FB but don't know how to link through there so sharing it via my twitter. Not sure if I've seen this one before.

Used to stand on that very corner totally overawed by the hordes of people streaming down the street when I first started going.

Our once resident caravan residing, Romanian girl marrying Scotch bloke, Jazza is the bloke fairly central with the teal wanderer top and beige troosers on.

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

What I wouldn't give for just one more magical 90 minutes at a heaving Burnden.

Can never, ever be matched.

If I had a time machine think I’d go back to the 1/4 final against Wolves which was before my time or possibly the 3-0 against Man U which I was at but for some reason I only remember the pre match and the whole game is blocked from my memory.