Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dapo Afolayan

Traf

Depends on what level the club say they aren’t in any need to sell. £4m in the overall market is peanuts but a lot of money at this level. Particularly with our new considerably less wage bill and shrewdness in our own buying 

how many players go for £4m from league 1? 

before a couple of games ago I’d of been happy with £2m tbh 

Edited by barrycowdrill

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

What is he, 24yr old? Played about 60 first team games. Hardly buying potential which is where a decent price usually comes from. Put it this way he’ll be a waste of any money if he isn’t played on the left hand side… 

Cant play in the rain either.

Hed be perfect in Spain :)

If we want a decent sell-on clause, we'll not get more than £2m IMO.

I'm with @barrycowdrill here, he's not a young player with potential anymore, he is pretty limited in the role he can play effectively and League 1 players tend not to fetch £4m+ (yes, some have, I don't need examples)

I'm not convinced he won't get found out very quickly at Championship level and his temperament is suspect. £2m is nearer to what we'd get for him and that's probably not a sum that would appeal to FV. If it did, then we're in the shit.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Cant play in the rain either.

Hed be perfect in Spain :)

He’s been great for us in patches. But he won’t be anywhere near winning any club awards let alone league awards at a team that’s finished around the top 10. He’s hardly ripped the league a new one

As @Traf says easily found out at the top end of the champ and if Fulham come in for him they want their heads testing. No where near prem level. 

4 minutes ago, Traf said:

£2m is nearer to what we'd get for him and that's probably not a sum that would appeal to FV. If it did, then we're in the shit.

As I alluded too though we could prob do an awful lot with £2m these days and would easily cover off the 2 or 3 targets IE has spoken about today. 

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

As @Traf says easily found out at the top end of the champ and if Fulham come in for him they want their heads testing. No where near prem level. 

Been marked out of games several times in L1 and loses the mind games battles too often.

He was still moaing to Evatt about the penalty after the game.

He has just finished his first full season playing as a pro.

Of course he has had some highs and lows, but for me he will only improve, his age is irrelevant as his path into the game was so unusual. 

If we are offered anywhere near £4m for him or Santos hard to see them staying.