Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dapo Afolayan

Traf

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Had a rough couple of years with his family Delf.

Unfortunate for him, but shit happens to all sorts of people. Still been robbing a living.

Like him or loathe him, Ronaldo has just lost a child, but missed one game and came back and is scoring.

Our own Gethin Jones missed a few and has immediately brought his influence to bear upon his return. 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Unfortunate for him, but shit happens to all sorts of people. Still been robbing a living.

Like him or loathe him, Ronaldo has just lost a child, but missed one game and came back and is scoring.

Our own Gethin Jones missed a few and has immediately brought his influence to bear upon his return. 

Bit harsh tbf, scored a few important goals which got us up from L2. Let's say thanks and move on 

• Members
16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Delf has a continuous struggle at the moment.

Did alright for us in L2, and he’s still a Wanderer. 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

His career with us is done. No-one is arguing. If he's had a rough family time then wish him well. No need to be unpleasant about it.

Current players may see this & those doing well & getting the love may think "only while it's working".

Correct. Much more to life than football

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Bit harsh tbf, scored a few important goals which got us up from L2. Let's say thanks and move on 

Not at all.

Been half hearted, and not contributed. Did OK first half of last season then disappeared. 

Each sub appearance plumbed the depths. Not like we've had money to waste. 

Good riddance.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Correct. Much more to life than football

In which case he should have stood down from first team activities. If he didn't feel able to give of his best, then own up to it and do the right thing.

He's not the only player to have been shite but still take the money, and won't be the last, but whenever he came on, you got that sinking feeling that he then justified.

18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In which case he should have stood down from first team activities. If he didn't feel able to give of his best, then own up to it and do the right thing.

He's not the only player to have been shite but still take the money, and won't be the last, but whenever he came on, you got that sinking feeling that he then justified.

That's really harsh pal.  I dont think he ever gave less than his best but his form dipped, age caught up with him whatever. He played his part in getting us up last year and for that I'll always be grateful. I hope he enjoys a long happy retirement 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I do wonder what job some on here do and how you'd treat your employees, or expect to be treated yourselves. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know the details of Delfs family situation but I’m not going to detail on here, but it’s a tough one and he needs to provide for his family I’m not saying the reason he’s not performed is solely down to off field issues but it must be affecting him. 
Anything can happen to anyone of our players you don’t cut them loose and say well buck up or stop being paid 

Life comes first. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, cos everyone just quits their job when they have problems at home.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Ani said:

I am amazed that given he was half arsed and not even trying that Evatt did not notice and kept playing. 

Anyone who thinks Evatt would accept less than 100% from anyone is pretty deluded tbh. 

Perhaps trying to cut him some slack, playing is a way of taking your mind off the situation for 90 mins.

Dapo’s coasted thru’ the back half of the season doing the bare minimum imo.

He’s become a lazy player who would prefer to draw the foul rather than take his man on

I wouldn’t be too disappointed if he departed, providing we could get some decent bucks for him.

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

He’s become a lazy player who would prefer to draw the foul rather than take his man on

I wouldn’t be too disappointed if he departed, providing we could get some decent bucks for him.

That is a hot take. Not one I can agree with though. Mainly because he spent most of the second half of the season playing in an unfamiliar position.

We were so dependent on him first half of the season. Now the responsibility is more shared out, it might seem that he dropped off but in reality we are just less reliant on him to bail us out.

Opinions and that but couldn’t disagree with you more on this one. His form dipped slightly but not for any lack of effort. Last few games I thought he was getting back to his best if anything.

5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I thought he worked hard as anyone yesterday, played well, always involved.

6 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Is this a poor joke or fishing trip of some sort?