Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PlayOffs 2022

Mantra

I’d like to see Wycombe defy the odds and go up after they were somewhat unluckily relegated over Derby not getting the points deduction. Big crowds again next season against Wednesday and Sunderland who we owe after almost gifting them points this year, so hope they don’t make it.

58 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’d like to see Wycombe defy the odds and go up after they were somewhat unluckily relegated over Derby not getting the points deduction. Big crowds again next season against Wednesday and Sunderland who we owe after almost gifting them points this year, so hope they don’t make it.

Think I agree with you on all that. Be good to have both Sheffield and Sunderland in League One again although it does make things more competitive for signings and playoff/auto places with them here. 

MK aren't a very likeable club despite having a good team. Wycombe are a shit football team but have the plucky underdog tag, so I wouldn't mind seeing them go up at all. 

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Said months ago Plymouth wouldn’t make play offs 

After we played Plymouth I thought they looked nailed on for top 6, very strong and organised.  Look far better than Sunderland from what I've seen, but Sunderland have had some lucky-ish results recently (late winners etc) while Plymouth failed to win any of their last 5.  It brings it home how long the season is when a team that were top 2 for ages, and top 6 all season, still couldn't hang on to even get in the play offs.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

0-5 at home with everything to play for, that’s some bottle job.

Fair play to mk though as in one scenario a big goal swing would've got them up 

Hope they go up

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Sunderland v Sheff Wed play off is a proper game.  Will be interesting to see what crowd they get on at Sunderland, tickets only £20 (but can't rely on S/T holders to boost numbers).  Presume Hillsborough will be packed for the 2nd leg, looking forward to it.

Without looking there can’t be many, if any bigger League one play-off games in terms of the stature, history and size of the 2 clubs

• Members
10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Sunderland v Sheff Wed play off is a proper game.  Will be interesting to see what crowd they get on at Sunderland, tickets only £20 (but can't rely on S/T holders to boost numbers).  Presume Hillsborough will be packed for the 2nd leg, looking forward to it.

Sunderland are cursed. Sheff W to win, MK dons to win the lot

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Me too.  Arguably the best team left in the division, seem to be stable financially and managerially, and 2 fixtures we wouldn't miss next season.

Agree on that, MK look the best all round side in the play offs and I think they’re a well managed, growing club with a decent stadium. I actually think if they get past a very unpredictable Wycombe, they’ll see off either Wednesday or Sunderland when they play them. What a league it’s going to be next season if MK do win out with Derby also in the mix.

1 minute ago, green genie said:

Totally ran out of steam and players in last month. Would have got tanked in play offs if had held on but 80 points a good haul .

Hopefully that result gives franchise confidence to do Wycombe. 

A disappointing end for you, but as you say 80pts is a fair old achievement.

11 minutes ago, green genie said:

Totally ran out of steam and players in last month. Would have got tanked in play offs if had held on but 80 points a good haul .

Hopefully that result gives franchise confidence to do Wycombe. 

How do you think you’ll get on next season? Apologies for the ignorance but was it a case of being your best shot and you’ll lose some of your best assets this summer, or are you likely to build and have another good go next season?

It’s going to be a ridiculously competitive league next season. I’d imagine the 3 from the play offs that don’t go up will be strong again, Derby (if bought) should be strong, and then you’ve got us, Ipswich (who are early favs with the bookies) and Pompey who I’d imagine will all fancy their chances.

I reckon we’ll start the season with probably 10 teams fully expecting to be at least in the play offs - the majority of which will actually expect promotion.

Could do with a proper Prem silly money offer for Cooper to fund strengthening in midfield and up top especially if Camara gets offer from Championship where his agent is touting him about 

The defence should have us top half but like usual say there will be lot of decent budgets competing for top 6. Be interesting to see if World Cup call ups affect some of big boys