Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PlayOffs 2022

Mantra

Some biggish clubs in the play offs that will see themselves as league one sized clubs:

Swindon v Port Vale

Mansfield v Northampton.

Hoping for a Mansfield - Vale final as that would give us a decent away game to make up a bit for Forest Green and Exeter coming up with their tiny grounds.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I did, years ago flew back to Manchester to watch Metallica after working in Plymouth.

Place was like a bus station and it was a prop wing plane. Took about 40 mins.

I did Newquay to Manchester on Loganair last December it was like a pencil with wings. Would only be useful for Plymouth away at best though and even that would be a stretch. Be some miles pumped into Bowton Baked's coaches next season!

7 minutes ago, Mantra said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-financial-accounts-picture-23848046

Apparently they were losing 500k a week last season....

That can't be right surely, we were losing either 600k or 800k a month at the peak of our financial issues right?

Think they’ve lost 100 million in the last 5 years, not sure about our monthly losses I’ve decided to wipe it from my memory. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think they’ve lost 100 million in the last 5 years, not sure about our monthly losses I’ve decided to wipe it from my memory. 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14969284.bolton-wanderers-unlikely-to-have-15m-eddie-davies-debt-called-in-claims-chairman-ken-anderson/

“The losses of £800,000 a month are correct,” he said. “We are looking to cut back on that figure each day but, realistically, it isn’t going to change drastically until this summer."

Anderson said it, so it could be bollocks to be fair

13 minutes ago, Mantra said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-financial-accounts-picture-23848046

Apparently they were losing 500k a week last season....

That can't be right surely, we were losing either 600k or 800k a month at the peak of our financial issues right?

Did they not sell the stadium at an inflated value to another company owned by same owner and this covered a chunk of the losses for about 3 years?

think he’s got relatively deep pockets as well. Suspect on his own he’s worth multiple times our entire shareholders. 

but at some point he will need to sell or cut their cloth. Can’t go on forever 

• Site Supporter

Just listened to TalkSport following the game. First caller was a Wednesday fan from Essex who was complaining Bannan was a £30k/week luxury they could do without.

I reckon he was easily their best player at our place. At least fickleness isn’t reserved for Bolton fans.

But £30k/week…. Wow!

Just now, MickyD said:

Just listened to TalkSport following the game. First caller was a Wednesday fan from Essex who was complaining Bannan was a £30k/week luxury they could do without.

I reckon he was easily their best player at our place. At least fickleness isn’t reserved for Bolton fans.

But £30k/week…. Wow!

Watched both games he fluttered around for 2 games doing very close to nowt, he played one decent ball which did result in the goal but his all round contribution is poor, how anyone pays that money for him god only knows. 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Did they not sell the stadium at an inflated value to another company owned by same owner and this covered a chunk of the losses for about 3 years?

think he’s got relatively deep pockets as well. Suspect on his own he’s worth multiple times our entire shareholders. 

but at some point he will need to sell or cut their cloth. Can’t go on forever 

They sold it for 60 million to the owner and still in 124 million of debt after that sale is taken into consideration. 

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But £30k/week…. Wow!

In no way trying to justify this as no league one player for me should even be on 10k pw .
But do folk realise kachunga was on 25k per week at huddersfield? Yes it was championship and premier league and not league one but it was huddersfield and kachunga. maybe gives a bit of context to some of the daft money still kicking about for pretty average players 

Keeper seemingly highest paid and not even on 30k just had a quick look out of shock. Only 28k he’s on. 28k for a keeper in league one! Bannon 21k. 

It source is correct. 

Edited by Escobarp

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

They sold it for 60 million to the owner and still in 124 million of debt after that sale is taken into consideration. 

But the debt will be to him I assume and not a third party/bank? But like Morris at derby eventually they all get fed up, or pass away.