Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PlayOffs 2022

Mantra

• Site Supporter
Just now, Marc505 said:

Right then, let's have another crack at trying to score against Wycombe next season.

Won’t be a problem. This result will mean Blackburn’s manager search is over.  Wycombe will lose a few players and be also rans. 4 points min next season for us

This is the right outcome for us with next season in mind. Sunderland are always going to be a massive obstacle to promotion seeking sides at this level. You can't rule Wycombe out next season - but their squad has the oldest average age in League 1, they had a very average last third of the season and their squad will get cherry picked. 

7 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Won’t be a problem. This result will mean Blackburn’s manager search is over.  Wycombe will lose a few players and be also rans. 4 points min next season for us

Blackburn are after Ainsworth? Sounds good to me, one of the teams on the list to trample over on the way back up.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Bllx. The season after season failure by Sinderland was a most enjoyable feature of modern football.

Sad days.  Man City used to occupy that spot till someone spoiled our fun and ruined what City stood for in English football.  Newcastle took up the mantle and we're losing that now.  Maybe only Leeds and Sheff Wed left to fill the vacuum.

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Balls to visiting fans. If we keep winning games and playing good football, our own crowd will increase

Probably a while off, but I would love us to get to the stage where we start having home fans in the South Stand again. Neil would be having kittens. 

19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

2 big attendance games lost at the Unibol next season, Sunderland and Wigan.

Ah well, Sun’lun would have been one of the main teams next season had they lost today, so one less big team to worry about.

It’s all falling into place 😀

Derby will be bringing a few I would imagine so one of those two is replaced.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Depends what sort of side they manage to put together. Won’t expect many from them if they’re getting thumped every week. 

Thhey SHOULD be under all sorts of restrictions on who they sign, wage caps, no agents fees, freebies only.

We'll see.

And to think they were totally imploding after we’d hammered them 6-0. At that point they looked a team destined to drift out of the play-offs (like Plymouth eventually did). So I guess fair play to them for turning it around. But I’m in the camp that’s going to miss their healthy away following next season…. Plus another crack at scoring a half dozen!!

• Site Supporter

The only thing I care about is winning games. Not arsed who the opposition is nor their following. 

Sunderland being a big club, with undoubted player pulling power have gone now, so I can only see it as a positive. 

That said its what we do that will ultimately count.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket